Home

Reviews

About Me

Estée Lauder Double Wear Soft Glow Matte Cushion Makeup #1W1 Bone with SPF45 / PA+++

by - 3/13/2021 10:29:00 AM

I don't have to think twice to try the cushion when there is a bonus of lipstick.
The SPF for cushion is higher with SPF 45 / PA+++,
while the foundation have SPF 30 / PA++.
I want to try if the cushion have the same finish result with its foundation.
Actually, there is 1C0, but since I bought with my sister,
I think safe shade is better.
And I didn't see the choice until after buying.😂


A luminous matte type makeup with 24 hours wear.
This true multi-dimensional matte creates a finish that’s soft and fluffy,
not opaque or flat.
Lightweight with a fresh, floral-citrus scent.
The comfortable, flexible texture becomes one
with your skin for a natural flawless look.
Medium-to-full buildable coverage. 
Controls oil.
Doesn’t streak or cake.
Non-settling, non-poring.
Refillable.


When I purchased this cushion, there was a big 12.12 sale online.
I got a free Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Oblivious and the cushion refill.
Though I don't like the shade Oblivious, I'm grateful for the bonus.
If I don't buy at a sale, I won't have the cushion refill too.
So, the price for this cushion is very expensive in normal.
Even though I only purchase a cushion, I got a pretty navy box.


This is the products I got.
What a good sale.

I just found the cushion is made in Belgium.
Although Estée Lauder is from USA.


I purchased shade 1W1 Bone, the same shade as my foundation.
I thought I supposed to try 1C0 Shell.
But I only found out the store sold it after I got this cushion.
Maybe next time, I should try cool tone shade
to compare with 1W1.


The case is super elegant!
The upper case seems like a dark navy, almost near black.
It is velvety and very soft to touch.
With golden outer ring, it is like an expensive product (it is!).
But because it is in dark color and velvet texture,
I feel it will get messy if not taken care carefully.

The case made me wanted to take a picture in every angle.
From the front side, it is super pretty with those E & L signature.
But this case will be return to my sister since I got the lipstick. 😥


I really like the how elegant and seems luxurious the case is.
Dark navy with gold.

The sponge applicator is actually normal.
Not too thin, and a bit stiff.
I have many BB cushions, so this is not a new thing for me.
The sponge itself is soft at skin and does not feel tight like



Now, let's see what the base makeup looks like.


Same as the Nude Water Fresh Foundation,
it gives me luminous glow finish look.
I don't know if it is considered matte or not.
But when I compared with Korean makeup,
I think it is semi-matte finish.
It does not feel oily to touch, but gives glowing look.
I don't feel any difference with the Nude Water Fresh at all.
But since my sister does not like foundation to apply with finger
or brush, she chose a cushion type instead.
 
Look at how pretty the finish look is.
It is exactly looks like my skin but without uneven color.
 
The coverage is also same with Nude Water Fresh, low to medium.
It settles good on skin without crack for a long time.
That is why I love Estée Lauder base makeup.
Even more because of the luminous finish, it is similar to my skin but better.
Since my skin is dry, I don't like dead matte foundation.
It will show patchy dry skin.


Love it soooo much!
The glow look on my cheeks and nose!
I think with the sponge, the glow finish will be better.
Since I use my finger to apply the bottle foundation.
I think I should wear the foundation with sponge too now.
This Soft Glow Matte Cushion won't emphasize my pores and dry skin.

I wore Oblivious lipstick I got as bonus in the right picture.
I don't think it suits me.

For repurchase, I will think more if there is a sale again.
I would prefer to buy with the refill, since the price is very expensive.
I need the case because my sister took it.
The case is very elegant and I have never purchase something like that before.
Too bad my sister have not try this cushion.
If so, I could write the review from her perspective,
since her skin is a combination type.
Compared with the foundation, I think the size is much larger than this cushion.
I will prefer the foundation, maybe?
 



MY THOUGHTS OF ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR SOFT GLOW MATTE CUSHION:
+ Beautiful luminous finish base makeup.
+ Does not emphasize pores and patchy dry skin.
+ Does not feel oily being touched.
+ If applied a few more times, it will gives medium coverage. At least to cover acne mark, not active.
+ Pretty and elegant case.
+ Have more glowing finish after being applied with sponge, compared with Nude Water Fresh Foundation.
+ Helps to cover uneven skintone.
- I don't have any hate if not by its price.

You May Also Like

0 Comments