Home

Reviews

About Me

Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup #1W1 Bone with SPF30 / PA++

by - 12/16/2020 01:14:00 AM

 Since the Christmas will arrive soon, I thought of getting a present for myself.
I also bought clothes for my parents together with my sister
because we could not go travelling this year.
 When I was searching for a best foundation for dry skin at Sephora near my house,
the BA introduced me Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup.
The current Sephora only have 1W1 as the lightest shade, so I chose it quickly.
 

The claim is lightweight, anti-pollution with SPF30, 24-hour stay, light-medium coverage.
 
Real-skin flawless. Real protection. 24-hour staying power.
 
Waterlight.
This fluid, long-wear makeup feels like you have nothing on.
Moves comfortably with your skin. Looks fresh, natural, healthy, even-toned
 
With SPF 30 and anti-oxidants, it’s your invisible defense against
environmental damage from UV rays and pollutio.
 
Instantly and continuously hydrates with a moisture complex
of red fruit extracts, including watermelon, lychee seed and apple.
 
Real skin / satin finish.

 
How to use

Shake well.

For best results, do not pour makeup.

Instead, cover the opening with your finger and carefully flip bottle upside down.

This will give you enough foundation for light-to-medium coverage.

Repeat for more coverage.



I don't know how many shades the foundation have.
It might be sold differently according to country and region.
But below is a list of what I got on internet.
Though I saw there's a 0 shade too, so the picture didn't depict all shades.


Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup have the same
color for its packaging as the initial Estée Lauder.
The box only have royal blue color and golden texts, without any picture.

Also includes the ingredients at the box.


After opening the royal blue color box, we have the glass bottle.
Weight is a bit heavy compared to Bourjois in plastic bottle.
And it does not have pump!
I feel it lacks something.
And hard to use by pouring the liquid foundation down.
Since the liquid is very watery, it will be too much.

Shake first before using.
I like the golden cap, it seems luxurious.
But too bad it doesn't have pump.
I still remember my Visee CC Watery Foundation also have this kind of problem.
But Visee have smaller hole and size.

Also have the shade name below the bottle.


Because of this bottle, I bought the separate pump online.

For a small pump, I think the price is pretty expensive.
It also includes a box, very hygienic.
I can relate with Japanese brand cosmetic,
which separate the product and its case.

 
This is the final result.
The next problem is, how to close the pump hole?
The pump does not have a cap!
I would feel gross pumping a messy hole.
In the end, I closed it with the smaller plastic cap which came together with the pump.
Does not have scent.

Swatches:

 
The part where I blended the foundation is glowing.
It seems the perfect shade for me on hand.
But compared to my neck, my neck is more pink-ish.
 Just a little bit, so I don't think it is a problem.
Maybe I should try the neutral 1N0 or 1C1?
But I could not find it online or at Sephora that time.
I supposed to go to Estée Lauder counter the next time I repurchase.

My bare face is very dull.
 The right picture is after using the foundation on all face.
It can cover a little bit of my panda eyes.

I really like the finish result.
So far, this is the best foundation I ever have.
I thought Coffret D'or Nudy Cover Moisture Liquid UV is my best foundation
for about two years.
But Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup is lighter.
The finish is not as glowing as Coffret D'or thought, since it is satin.
It is supposed to be a semi-matte finish, but I think looks very glowing.
I could say this is more to a glow finish.
The result is more like a real skin since it sticks very well without creating line.
Since I have very dry skin, I never have this kind of perfect luminous skin.

The color is pretty similar to my real skin.
I compared it with my hand color.
Though my hand is a bit pink-ish.
Well I can still use 1W1.

The glow is not too much, so it is very skin-like finish.
The light weight helps me to forget about wearing foundation.
This is very suitable for every day use and dry skin people.
Unlike a few foundation that will crack around chin & nose,
this foundation does stay well for 5 hours I have tried.
 I have not try it for 24 hours though, since I rarely go out for a long time.
But it settled good for a long time without changing, even when I was sweating.

I love how it blurs pores.
The Nude Water Fresh Makeup creates natural glowing from the skin
with even out skintone and soft focus finish.
For dry skin, it is a perfect texture, which won't settle into fine lines.
I feel refreshed wearing a good base makeup like this.
Coverage is light to medium as the claim.
Since the texture is light, it won't do full coverage.
But some acne marks can be covered, and my panda eyes.

The foundation shade made my face look more yellow than my neck (left picture).
But it does not appear too different at some lightning.

This is my holy grail foundation for dry skin this year.
I have not try Estée Lauder before.
But considering I didn't buy Christmas coffret, I finally tried it.
I might keep purchasing this brand in the future,
since Estée Lauder is good for mature age women after 30s.
I'm becoming older now...
I have tried wearing a mask with using this foundation.
The foundation transferred a bit to the mask, but only a bit!
On my skin, it does not change or melt.

I will review the Double Wear Soft Glow Matte Cushion Makeup next.
I'm satisfied with this brand, so I don't have to think twice to purchase another base makeup.
It was 12.12 sale and I bought the cushion in demand!
 
UPDATE on December 26th, 2020:
I have tried using this foundation for 11 hours and stayed perfectly well around my nose.
Most foundations will crack a lot there.
I also used mask for a long time, if not in a car.
Also put sunscreen and moisturizing cream before using it.
The foundation stays well no matter the condition, either I use a primer or not.





MY THOUGHTS OF ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR NUDE WATER FRESH MAKEUP #1W1 BONE:
+ Light weight and does not feel heavy at all.
+ Blurring pores and fine lines.
+ Even out skintone.
+ Coverage is buildable to medium. Can cover panda eyes even though it is sheer.
+ Does not have annoying scent.
+ Does not change or cracking around nose / chin.
+ There are many shades to choose.
+ Size is big and will stay for years since I have many base makeups.
+ The finish result is glow but it stays well and does not feel too oily. Consider it semi-matte.
+ Does not transferring too much under a mask.
- For my dry skin, I don't have any hate except for the price (very expensive) and separate pump. But it's still buy-able, compared to Clé de Peau Beauté.

You May Also Like

0 Comments