Home

Reviews

About Me

Coffret D'or Smile Up Cheeks S #04 Red Beige & #06 Lavender Pink コフレドール スマイルアップチークスS #04 レッドベージュ & #06 ラベンダーピンク

by - 3/19/2021 01:26:00 AM

 Coffret D'or made a renewal for their Smile Up Cheeks N this 2021.
This is called Smile Up Cheeks S.
With similar packaging and powder type, I will compare the new and old version.
For referrence, I have bought three colors from Smile Up Cheeks N.
I think Coffret D'or already changed their model again after Nanao,
but they has not announcement yet.
Or Nanao is too busy to take a photoshoot?
I am watching "Oh! My Boss! Koi wa Bessatsu de" with Nanao.

Knowing about COVID-19, Coffret D'or produced a mask-friendly blusher.
It is a powder which created a beautiful veil of color as if the skin itself.
With a mellow and glossy finish.
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of its debut, this spring,
it will be introduced with further evolution of skin adhesion and luster.
This new version of Smile Up Cheeks was introduced at February 16th, 2021.
 
No.1 demand from counselling about blusher.
 
Jelly-coating powder produced smooth and shiny cheeks.
 The color won't come off even if using a mask.
The shine is called "jelly shine".
Even if you blend it, the blusher won't show large pores.
 
Color variations:
(I don't know the model for this but seems older compared to previous models)





Because previously for Smile Up Cheeks N, I already bought
rose and beige type colors, I chose pink and lavender now.
Purple is the main theme color for 2020 and 2021.
I find the limited color EX01 is also unique.
But because it won't be suitable as a lone blusher (because of bluish white color),
I chose 06 Lavender Pink.


Now, let's see the packaging.
Previously, Coffret D'or have nude and pink color as theme.
But now, the latest product comes in black, begins with Reform Glow Liquid UV.
The pictures below always put 04 Red Beige on the left side.
 

The back of the box is picturing the how to use.
Mix "a" part and brush through the apple of the cheeks.
Mix "b" part as highlighter and brush it to the outer side of "a".
But I think it is also good to mix all four colors.

The box top color have the same impression as the main color.

Ingredient lists.
If you install Line, it can translate texts by scanning a picture now.
There are a few differences in ingredients.

 
I noticed from Kawakita Yusuke's instagram introducing this blusher with Fujii Akiko,
that the case have small mirror.
The triangle part is a mirror, but it is too small for a whole face.
They both agreed with it.
If you already missed the live insta, go to Kanebo Cosmetics Youtube.
But it's only 4 minutes and not full.
In the video of Smile Up Cheeks S, Kawakita also said using blusher
is the last thing to do after doing makeup fully to balance the color.
 
I wonder why he was chosen to introduce Smile Up Cheeks S.
I watched more videos from Kawakita Yusuke's Youtube,
found he doesn't like using blusher to the model though except highlighter.
There was a video with Fukuda Ayano,
where he said her cheeks is already pink and doesn't need blusher.

Case becomes more compact.
The previous case is almost in the same size.
But this one feels smaller?
Because of more sleek and cut clean shape.

Include a fine hair brush.
I feel the brush is now softer than Smile Up Cheeks N.
But Smile Up Cheeks N also put soft brush although a bit stiff,
so it means the latest version is extremely good, softness leveled up.
Have different shape.
Smile up Cheeks N brush is round, while this have edge.

What a lovely gradation color!!!
Super love all Coffret D'or blushers.
I have 5 kinds of Smile Up Cheeks now and 1 from a Christmas set.
I like the Lavender Pink gradation so much.
Never had a pastel gradation blusher before. 
Smile Up Cheeks S is in star-like pointy shape flower,
while the previous Smile Up Cheeks N is swirling like shell.

 Closer look of the color:


At first glance, the texture is similar to Smile Up Cheeks N.
Powdery and glitters.
But, I do think it is an improvement of the old version.
Does not have any scent, the same as previous version.

Left side is the mix of four colors.
While using finger, the blend seems powdery (right side).
But after blending all colors becomes like a jelly shine
that mix with real skin texture. 
 
Lavender Pink seems like it won't show much color
because of the bluish glitter and sheer pink color.
But on cheeks, it is a lovely pale purple-ish pink!
See it below.

This is 04 Red Beige.
The main color is red-ish pink.
Japan's red always have a hint of pink, for natural finish.
I brushed it according to the picture on the back of its box.
And texture!
While it is powder, it becomes like jelly (or cream cheek?), settled to my skin.
Does not show large pores, as its claim.
The left picture is reflecting shine while smiling.
But even though I don't smile, the right picture also reflecting.
 
 
And this is 06 Lavender Pink.
A pale pink that will be suitable for fair skintone.
Though if used by darker skin, I think this will be a highlighter than blusher,
because the color is very sheer.
I couldn't take a real color picture perfectly,
but maybe the other pictures below will represent the pretty purple-ish pink well.
Note that in this Lavender Pink, my pores had gotten bigger because of cycle.
But this blusher doesn't make it look too big!


The claim is, a blusher that won't get removed by mask,
I tried tapping with a tissue paper, even rubbing lightly.
My foundation sticks to the paper, while the blusher doesn't.
Does as its claim!
I didn't believe the claim at first.
But when I saw only foundation color on the paper,
I was very surprised and approving this long staying blusher.
I did rubbing a few more times again though, and still didn't stick to the paper.
I'm sure it will stay long for oily skin people too.
Since the texture is like a tinted oil from jelly cream
rather than a glittery powder on skin.
But it can be easily removed using micellar water.
 
I have tried rubbing the color with paper again without remover, now harder.
Even though the highlight color b already got removed,
the a part still remain a bit red, even though it was Lavender Pink.
I got a hard time removing this blusher without makeup remover.
But this only means that Smile Up Cheeks S have great staying power.
 
Left is Red Beige, right is Lavender Pink.
 
Using Red Beige makes my cheeks pop up.
Since it is a pink red, rather than bold and scary red like Korean blusher (I'm MEME),
I don't think this will be bold even though I have brushed for more than five times.
The color remains the same without turning to a bloody red.
I'm surprise for the natural finish but long staying power.
 
 
 
Left is Red Beige, right is Lavender Pink.
I don't think Lavender Pink suit nude lipstick like the left picture.
Even though I added a bit of red on the inner lips, my face is still pale.
 
As for Lavender Pink, because it have pink tone, it doesn't make me paler.
The lavender blush represents cute and shiny but not overdoing color on cheeks.
A subtle yet still visible.
I fell in love with the tone of Lavender Pink!
Since purple is in hype, using a cosmetic that will suit purple clothes,
will bring more spring vibe.

Left is Red Beige, right is Lavender Pink.
 
For review purpose, I put the blusher very bold!
But the color remains natural in pictures.
Though for daily, I will use it moderately.
But!
I have trouble stopping my hand from brushing it to my cheeks.
Because the brush is super soft and the glow gives fun to my eyes.
I like this kind of glowing blusher that's like my own skin.


Left is Red Beige, right is Lavender Pink.
I brushed them more than five times, still in natural color.
 
For price, it is the same as Smile Up Cheeks N.
A bit expensive, but for Japanese cosme, it's in the middle range.
I think the price is suitable for the result.
The color stays well on skin without sticking to anything.
And the shine it gives my cheeks is very pretty,
like my skin reflecting every lights on every side.
I'm glad the formula is really an upgrade from previous version.
I was afraid they stay the same and only change the packaging.

I think I might like to repurchase other color.
The most popular color is 02 Coral Orange.
But orange / warm color might not be suitable for me.
So if there is another limited color with red or pink, I will try it.
I'm also interested in #01 Salmon Pink.
But I won't repurchase in the near future.
I'm already satisfied with these two colors.
And the old version still remains full even though I have used them numerous times.




MY THOUGHTS OF COFFRET D' OR SMILE UP CHEEKS S:
+ Powder type but jelly like finish texture on skin.
+ Gives subtle and natural glowing skin, like my own skin reflecting every lights.
+ Pretty gradation colors to choose with energetic design, now in star-shaped flower?
+ Price is good and suitable for the product.
+ The color won't get removed by anything, especially if wearing mask, also finger.
+ Doesn't emphasize large pores because it will be like a jelly after being mixed with skin.
+ Pretty packaging comes with small mirror and brush.
+ Brush is very soft and with that kind of edge, it will reach the apple of cheeks easily.
+ Even though the packaging seems bulky, it is light and travel friendly.
+ The range have blusher and highlighter that will be suitable for every needs. But EX01 is limited so purchase quickly. If you want to know about EX01, try this insta or here. I personally think with blusher alone already gives enough shine. So EX01 is good to be used for other matte type blusher?
- None to hate, except Indonesia doesn't sell Coffret D'or. 😞 This brand is my favorite in term of base makeup and blusher, more than KATE.

You May Also Like

0 Comments