Home

Reviews

About Me

Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick #181 Oblivious

by - 2/04/2021 12:11:00 AM

 I got this lipstick as an extra for purchasing the Double Wear Soft Glow Matte Cushion.
I will review the cushion later.
Although I should be happy, I got a super pale color.
If I got this a few years back when I was still a makeup newbie,
I would be happy to wear it everyday.
But Oblivious is not my choice as I have grown older.
 

Pure Color Envy Sculpting is an intense lip-shaping color.
Full-on creme finish.

Color with the power to transform your lips, your look, your attitude.


Sculpts: Multi-faceted pigments create definition.

Lips look beautifully shaped, sculpted, curvaceous.


Hydrates: Time-Release Moisture Complex helps capture and seal in hydration.

Lips feel continuously moisturized throughout the day.


Intensifies: Saturates lips with high-intensity color.

Lip-sculpting statement shades for all skintones.


Super creamy, glides on effortlessly, covers evenly.

Sensually soft and smooth, luxuriously comfortable.

8-hour wear.


The lipstick bullet is shaped to sculpt the curves of your lips.

The case feels like luxury in your hands.

And with one click, case closed.

 

BENEFITS

Intense lip-shaping color. Full-on creme finish.

COVERAGE

Medium to full

FINISH

Full-On Creme

 
 

How to Use

Glide onto top and bottom lips for a look to envy.

Box is in navy color, as its trademark.

The bonus will expired soon though.
The color is bad and soon to be expired item for a bonus.

A written text of shade color at the upper bottom box.

 
I think the shape of the case is similar to Japanese drugstore lipstick,
for example Media Creamy Lasting Lip a, (for the similar color and design),
Kate Color Highvision Rouge (for the feeling and weight).
Too bad, since they are an affordable lipstick and
Estée Lauder is a high end brand.
I do think the lipstick case is weight heaviest in my lipstick collection.
Although it does not have the same difficult design as Jill Stuart Lip Blossom,
Pure Color Envy weight almost the same.
Maybe because the magnet?
But it should not have been this heavy.


The only thing I like from the case is the logo at the upper bottom.
It was design thickly.
I considered it a stroke of the brand's strong name.
 
Another shade name on the lower bottom from its case.
 


That's right.
Oblivious shade is a pale muted pink beige.
It reminds me of MAC Frost Lipstick Angel I bought a few years ago.
The scent is almost similar, very sweet like vanilla.
When applying, because the scent is too strong,
I could almost taste vanilla-like fragrance.
Though Angel is more blue-ish and Oblivious is more to beige.

Swatches:



If I wear it, many people will ask why do I look sick?
In the past, when I like to use MLBB color.
But lately, I considered this color is not suitable for me.
I chose to put darker color in the middle to create gradation.

This pictures are only using Oblivious lipstick.
I look sick with pale lips color.

And here, I used red colors to create gradation in the inner lips.
At least it doesn't look as pale as the previous pictures.

Despite that, I don't think the lipstick is moisturizing enough for my dry lips.
It will sink into lip line, even though it won't emphasize dry skin.
Though because it is very creamy, I don't like using it too much.
It can become heavy if being swatched more than three times.
The scent is too heavy.
I might like MAC Angel before, but now, I don't anymore.
I think I won't repurchase the lipstick from this line.
The finish result is similar with other lipstick,
and it is not moisturizing for me.




MY THOUGHTS OF ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOR ENVY SCULPTING LIPSTICK #181 OBLIVIOUS:
+ Glides smoothly on lips.
+ Does not emphasize dry skin.
+ Some people might prefer creamy lipstick more than matte. I do, but not this texture. I like more fitting cream than oily like this.
+ The magnet in the case is useful to make the lid stronger.
- It is not moisturizing for my super dry lips.
- Very expensive. But Lancome is more expensive though.
- Strong scent and a bit of taste. Stays longer than most lipstick.
- Sadly, Oblivious is not the right shade I like.


You May Also Like

0 Comments