Home

Reviews

About Me

I'm MEME Afternoon Tea Blusher Palette #2 Fruit Flavor

by - 8/12/2020 09:31:00 AM

I finally grabbed one of I'm MEME's product.
Recently, I only reviewed Japanese makeup brand.
Since I bought so many of them while I went to Japan last year.
It's finally Korean brand now.
I'm MEME is not a new brand.
Not as popular as Etude or Innisfree, but it mostly have natural colors.
I’m MEME is ultra-portable, ultra-wearable makeup for everyday self-expression.
Made for on-the-go application to express yourself, anytime, anywhere.





001 : Chai Tea
002 : Rosy Tea
003 : Hibiscus Tea

001 : Peach Tea
002 : Cherry Tea
003 : Berry Tea

I bought shade no.2 Fruit Flavor because I thought no.1 would be too yellow for my skin.
Hearing the name of each color makes me wanna buy it soo much.
It seems delicious, right.


The box is too cute and I won't trash it.

The color is darker than advertisement.
But still pretty.

If you flip the box, it have the shade's name.

Palette has vintage and girly pattern.
It depicted British afternoon tea time a lot!
It makes me want to sip a tea while seeing this palette.


Cherry Tea seems brown on palette.
But it is a neutral red on my skin.

Shade 001 Peach Tea is the only shimmery color on palette.
Peach Tea is mix of yellow and pink.
Shade 002 Cherry Tea looks like brown-ish red on pan.
But once I swipe to cheeks, it is a neutral red.
And shade 003 Berry Tea is a pink-ish purple tone.
All colors don't have a slightly sweet berry scent.

On cheeks : Cherry red on cheekbone, layered above it is Berry
then above eyes is Peach to highlight.
On Eyes : Peach on whole eyelid, Cherry on the outer part of upper & lower lid.

I usually put the darkest color first before highlighting with Peach Tea.
Found out the color is hard to control.
As a fan of sheer blush and eyeshadow, this is too pigmented for me.
Maybe because my skin is too fair, any color will be bold on it.
So I need to be careful as to not swipe it too much.
And be sure to remove the powder from brush first before swiping
so it won't be too bold.

Left : Cherry Tea topped with Peach Tea.
Right : Berry Tea topped with Peach Tea.
Can you find the difference?
Which one you like? red or berry?

As I have wrote above, Cherry Tea is a normal red on my skin.
It doesn't become cool or warm, just chili red.
I think I never have this shade before.
Even though Canmake Cream Cheek CL01 is red too,
I'm MEME shade is more like watercolor finish than creamy Canmake.


Shade Berry Tea is purple.
Even though it is purple, the shade is pretty and still have pink-ish tone.
That's why I can still use it because the purple is wearable.
I think the purple is similar to ADDICTION Cheek Polish #Winter Blush.
But ADDICTION is more pink than I'm MEME.
Still, Berry Tea is also a shade I've never had before.

Here, I used all colors as the swatch picture described.
Layering Cherry to Berry to Peach.
I'm glad it doesn't look too much.

Both color looks like it applied as watercolor than powder.
It glides smoothly without fallout, like a cream in powder texture.
The finish look is subtle and it will fade on the outer area.
This blush is very pretty as it sounds.

Left : Using Berry topped with Peach.
Right : Using all colors.

Still, because the color is hard to handle, I won't use it when I'm in a hurry.
When I put Berry Tea as an eyeshadow and blush,
my sister told me it was too much.
I had to hide them with foundation to create natural color on my face.
Especially on eyes.
She told me it look like my eyes was hit.
The red and purple color don't suit as an eyeshadow for me.
It might work with palette #1.
But Fruit Flavor is not suitable as eyeshadow.
And too bad it doesn't include mirror and brush inside.
Those things, especially brush is very important to me.
I hate to take my own brush before using.
Yeah, I'm too lazy because I'm always in a hurry every morning to work.

My favorite gradation is Berry and Peach.
Because they made a unique pink and the color can be more natural.



MY THOUGHTS OF I'M MEME AFTERNOON TEA PALETTE #FRUIT FLAVOR:
+ The shades are unique and the names are delicious.
+ Gives watercolor finish that will fade on the outer area.
+ Price is quite decent for three shades in one palette.
+ Can be used as eyeshadow, just don't put it too bold.
+ Glides smoothly on skin without fallout.
+ Staying power is all day.
+ Color is pigmented.
+ The shimmer from Peach Tea can give a bit highlighting effect, but not as much as I like.
+ Have slight scent but it will disappear quickly on skin.
- Can sometimes be too bold on my skin.
- Doesn't include mirror and brush.
- Not glowing, but it is supposed to be like watercolor right?

You May Also Like

0 Comments