Home

Reviews

About Me

Jill Stuart Lip Blossom Velvet #15 Dressy Scarlet ジル スチュアート リップブロッサム ベルベット #15 ドレッシースカーレット

by - 1/03/2020 09:06:00 AM

Since I was in Japan, there would be no problem to try the famous Jill Stuart.
Though I purchased this at the last time duty free in airport.
I was in a hurry because my departure would be in the first morning schedule.
So I just said "pink" and the BA gave me this Dressy Scarlet color.
Swatched it and bought in a hurry...
The collection came as 14 colors, semi-matte finish.

The description below is taken from Jill Stuart English website:


Packaging comes as pretty as always:

Have mirror on top of case.

Which would you choose?
My skin might be suitable for pink-plum tone.
So Dressy Scarlet is also good, this is what BA gave me.

01 romantic camellia
romantic deep red like a camellia (non pearl)
02 dancing poppy
true red like a poppy swaying (non pearl)
03 pansy song
red as vivid as the sound of pansy (non pearl)
04 innocent freesia
innocent beige pink like a freesia (non pearl)
05 lovely cosmos
pure pin adorable as a cosmos (non pearl)
06 little orchid
bordeaux as elegant as a small orchid (non pearl)
07 pretty bougainvillea
vivid pink as cute as bougainvillea (non pearl)
08 baby cattleya
baby pink like a delicate cattleya
09 happy marigold
happy coral orange like a marigold (non pearl)
10 elegant wisteria
dark bordeaux as elegant as a wisteria (non pearl)
11 dreamy ranunculus (limited)
dreamy red like ramunculus (non pearl)
12 lady dianthus (limited)
burgundy feminine red like nadesico (non pearl)
14 sweet sweet pea
 lovely pure pink like a sweet pea (non pearl)
15 dressy scarlet
romantic red like scarlet (non pearl)


Wonder what happened to no.13 color.
They don't create no.13?
Vivid color can be achieved with a single coating.
Moist but semi-matte texture.
Will lasts all day.

In color ranking, no.15 comes as the winner.
I think that is why the BA gave me this.

And let's check the actual product.

In a pink box.
Very classy.
There is emboss pattern too.


 
Shining!
I feel like a princess bringing this everywhere.

Look at those jewellery-like top flowery case!

This side.
I think it looks like butterfly.


I don't know what mirror to look at.
But since the top has "J" on it, I used the other side without it.

Case is already bulky enough because of those pattern,
made from hard metal, and have mirror.
But still manageable.

There is J logo on top.
It will disappear though if I swipe...

 Even though the color swatch from website is pink plum,
the bullet is bright red.
The finish color on skin is pink red.
They are different. 😂

Have large bullet.

Scarlet is a brave red.
The bullet looks very vivid but you should see the actual color on lips.



 Yes!
It is a pink red!
It suit my skin very well.
Dressy Scarlet is not too sheer and not too bold.
Since it is velvet, creamy and does not have glossy finish.
But still can reflect shine.
 It does have sheer scent too, very Jill Stuart like powdery scent.


I still can look cool with this red color.
The red gives a strong look, not cute but feminine.
I am lucky that the BA gave me something useful.
A bit boring with same pink color or red.
Of course scarlet also brighten my skintone.
A perfect match for me.

Staying power is like a normal lipstick though.
It doesn't give tinted finish.
But if I don't rub with water, since the color is pigmented,
it will leave a sheer red after wiping with tissue paper.
Because it is a velvety lipstick,
it doesn't moisturizing enough for my absolute dry lips.
But it is just me, since my skin lacks moisture a lot.


Although the lipstick case is bulky and heavier than usual,
it is still compact in size.
But I won't bring it too much.
Too scared if the lipstick fall or get cracked.
I will treasure it and use at special occassion
because the color is very special and match my preferrence so much.
In some luck, I will purchase another Jill Stuart lipstick
after knowing they are pigmented and has pretty color variations.



MY THOUGHTS OF JILL STUART LIP BLOSSOM #15 DRESSY SCARLET:
+ Pigmented color, only need 1-2 swipes.
+ Have sheer nice scent.
+ The case have mirror on top of it.
+ Bullet case is very pretty like a jewellery.
+ The size is still compact even though bulky and heavy.
+ Dressy Scarlet color is a pink red and suit my skintone very well.
+ Does not emphasize dry lips too much.
+ Price is still good. About 2,500Yen.
+ Large bullet and only need a few swipes, worth the price.
- Can't find it here...

You May Also Like

0 Comments