Home

Reviews

About Me

Innisfree Jeju Color Picker 2021 Camellia Blooming Blusher #1 Red Camellia

by - 4/11/2021 01:39:00 PM

 The Camellia Blooming Blusher is for spring 2021.
The shape of red camellia really tempting me to buy.
Even though I already have too many blushers.
My review is very late, since the Camellia edition has been out of sold now.
I purchased the last stocks at sale, so it's worthed.
The Red Camellia shade is a dark red.
I was afraid if the color will be too dark on skin, but it wasn't thankfully!

Matte finish camellia blusher with moist bouncing texture
that applies smoothly without powder falling.
Available in two shades: pink and red, this lightweight jelly-textured blusher
gives you a sheer, watercolour-like glow.
Formulated with silicone elastomer gel and sphere powder,
it has a unique texture that offers a moist-looking yet natural matte finish.
 
- Moist bouncing texture that feels refreshing without powder flying around.
- Matte finish with fine powder particles that spread without clumping.
- Clean coloration as pure as camellia blossoms.
 
 
Story about Camellia Containing Jeju's mysterious energy

1. Camellia produces red blossoms from the snow
even during the severe midwinter season.
With its gorgeous color and fragrance, the admirable and beautiful
camellia endures the intense cold to burst into a flower.

2. Camellia provides intense moisture and nutrition for a moist skin.
For centuries, camellia has been used by Korean women to take care of their hair
and skin thanks to its superior moisturizing effect.
The innisfree camellia butter body line with Jeju's indigenous camellia oil
and butter provides moisture and nutrition to keep the skin moist all day. 


Colors:

1 Red Camellia
2 Pink Camellia


 
 
For sure, I don't think I am interested in Innisfree after changing their model
from Yoona to Shin Ye Eun.
I personally dislike her boring appearance, and boring drama she always played.
I had watched Meow the Secret Boy and He is Psychometric.
Her acting was very boring.
But it's not like that.
Innisfree's new line an design are also boring.
All colors are very similar with previous cosmetic color,
but with different packaging and names.
If so, I would like them not to produce new line too often.
When Yoona was being their model, her aura made the products subtle,
simple and royal-like when looking at the advertisement picture.
But Shin Ye Eun is just calm and boring.

Only this blusher caught my eyes at that time.
Because the shape resembles camellia,
which is the most used in winter wagashi, tsubaki in Japanese.
Yeah, my mind goes to wagashi rather than winter.
Speaking of wagashi, I found a wagashi maker in Jakarta, Hanasaku.
I bought once from it and surprised they could create such details.
But I know the skill is not as perfect as Japanese master of course.
I'm glad there is a wagashi shop (even though made by order online) close to my place.

The wagashi I took a picture after purchasing from Hanasaku Sweets instagram.
I will update red camellia in winter if I purchase again later (so far away from spring now).
寒椿 和菓子 Kan Tsubaki Wagashi = winter camellia.
I really want the shape to be like below:
 
Taken from Google.
 

Let's get back to Camellia Blooming Blusher.
Packaging is a round and made from plastic, a bit bulky.
I noticed Red Camellia have red and yellow color in the pan.
While the Pink Camellia is a mix between pale pink and off-white / beige?
I think the mix from red and yellow made the color not too cool.


Pretty limited box.

I noticed a very small shimmer on the pan.
I'm so glad because it is not a dead matte blusher.
I want my blusher to have highlight effect, because I'm too lazy applying highlighter.
Korean blusher nowadays is too matte, example I'M MEME Afternoon Tea Blusher.
Might be good for people with small cheeks.
But my cheeks is chubby, I would prefer a bit of shine to create 3D look.
 

 
I'm afraid the camellia pattern will disappear.

Closer look at the flower.
Notice shimmery glow but not glitters?

Swatches:

I applied more than three times but still sheer.


At first, I was afraid if the color will be too dark and bold.
But applying three times still created natural sheer red.
Though I think three is the maximum number.
More than that will create Igari makeup look that was popular five years ago.
 

The blusher doesn't have scent.
Powder can be swiped easily without too much excess from brush.
A soft and jelly (I think it means the finish result is similar from jelly-type) for real.
But Coffret D'or Smile Up Cheeks S is the winner for jelly-like powder compared to this.
Because Coffret D'or blusher can give me glowing look.
Innisfree Camellia Blooming Blusher only gives subtle shine
that will pop out more after getting more oil on my face.
So I need to wait for a few hours until the blusher gives me glowing look.


Overall, the price is too expensive.
But compared to Coffret D'or, of course this is cheaper, only half of it.
Too bad even though there is yellow color, it doesn't affect much to the color.
I would prefer more of highlight effect, like Smile Up Cheeks S.
If you have too many blushers, I don't think this blusher is worth the price.
I can use Canmake Cream Cheek in red.
But the shape is pretty so I'm good with it.

 


MY THOUGHTS OF INNISFREE CAMELLIA BLOOMING BLUSHER #1 RED CAMELLIA:
+ A soft and smooth powder particles to create jelly-like finish on cheeks.
+ Doesn't show large pores.
+ Gives gradation effect even though only applying one color.
+ Have tiny shimmer that will gradually gives glowing finish.
+ The red looks beautiful dark on pan, but will give sheer neutral on skin.
+ Good staying power.
+ Buildable to bold.
- Expensive.
- Doesn't have brush or mirror.
- Boring color.

You May Also Like

0 Comments