Home

Reviews

About Me

MAC Glow Play Lip Balm Black Cherry #Fleur Welcome

by - 4/22/2021 12:28:00 AM

 This 2021 spring, MAC brought the Black Cherry edition.
At first, I wanted to purchase the blusher.
But the shade that went to my country were just two,
"Look, Don't Touch" and "Under My Plum".
Meanwhile, the only available shade was only the plum.
I didn't pick it considering the color will be too dark for my skin.
But I'm glad I bought the lip balm.

Glow Play Lip Balm is a nourishing lip balm made for color + care
in four playful pops of sakura-inspired shades - while a nourishing blend
of shea butter and mango - and jojoba seed oils instantly soothe, smooth and hydrate lips.
Each packed with good-for-lips ingredients.
Awaken lips with four limited edition springtime shades.
Specially housed in limited edition, moon-bloom packaging.

The Black Cherry edition.

  • Moisturizes instantly and over time
  • Nourishes and soothes lips
  • Lips look more smooth, supple and feel more moisturized with continued use
  • Immediately smooths the appearance of lip lines
  • Visibly plumps lips immediately
  • Wears comfortably
 
Shades for lip balm only :


It's a shame only two shades available.
Pinking of You seems to be perfect for me.
 
 Ingredients:
Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene,
Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene,
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil,
Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tin Oxide,
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Citric Acid, Flavor (Aroma), [+/- Mica,
Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492),
Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090),
Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Carmine (Ci 75470), Copper Powder (Ci 77400),
Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850),
Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 30 (Ci 73360),
Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410),
Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140),
Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)] <ILN47009>
 
Floral Coral was out of stock.
So the only choice was Fleur Welcome.
From the bullet, it looks too red, a bloody red.
But the finish result is sheer like a usual lip balm.

This box and the sakura design on the cap are the thing that pushed me to buy it.


The design is not only put at the box.
The cap also have this pretty and mysterious black-themed sakura.
The design makes me remember about Hakuouki's final scene,
when Kazama Chikage put a name for Hijikata Toshizo's oni (demon), "Hakuouki".
Either in the anime, VN, nor the stage play (I have watched numerous stage plays
of Hakuouki, maybe about 6-8 musicals including 2 LIVEs?).
 
Taken from wiki:
Near the end of his route, in recognition to his conviction and strength,
Kazama acknowledges Hijikata as a true Oni and gives him his Oni name, "Hakuoki,"
from the fact that Hijikata's determination to live despite his limited life-span
due to Water of Life is like cherry blossom.

Sorry, this has put me to write about VN, but the black background and
pink sakura really put the Hakuouki vibe.
 

 

For me, the bullet is very long.
It will last forever.
When I opened the cap, it have sweet (sakura? but looks like cherry to me) scent.
But the scent is very sheer and will disappear after applying.

The red is dark and bold?
Has glitters.

Swatches:



The red seems intimidating on the bullet.
But turns out very lip balm-like.
Sheer and bright, not much oil.
Fleur Welcome is a bluish pink, so it gives me red-ish pink look.
Lightweight and very moisturizing.


The lip balm gives tinted lips.
It's very good since I don't need to apply numerous times.
It is moisturizing and leaves tint, so MAC has produced a generous size.
And look at my pictures.
It doesn't look too bold right.
I don't like bold and matte red (I usually put a gradation on it).
But this kind of red is my favorite.
Especially since the red doesn't make my teeth looks yellow (because of blue tone).
That's why I prefer to buy the lip balm rather than matte lipstick version of Black Cherry.


In the end, I'm very satisfied with MAC Glow Play Lip Balm.
I might purchase other color if they have more bonuses.
Uh no, I mean interesting shade too.
Meanwhile, because the price is expensive,
I can use Korean / Japanese lip balm as replacement.
But truthfully, I like this lip balm.
I was afraid it wouldn't be suitable for my dry lips.
But turns out very good.

Cut my bangs too short (cut it myself)!
Oh well, nowadays, Japanese actresses also have shorter bangs.
Ishihara Satomi in Koi wa Deep ni and Kawaguchi Haruna
in Kikazaru Koi ni ha Riyuu ga Atte.





MY THOUGHTS OF MAC GLOW PLAY LIP BALM #FLEUR WELCOME:
+ Lightweight lip balm that is not too sticky and oily.
+ Long size bullet.
+ Bluish pink that won't make teeth yellow.
+ Moisturizing my super dry chapped lips.
+ Gives tinted red finish while disappearing.
+ Doesn't transferring too much on cup, mask, etc.
+ Has slightly sweet scent that will disappear fast.
+ Beautiful night sakura design.
- Expensive!

You May Also Like

0 Comments