Home

Reviews

About Me

SANA Maikohan Shitaji Base Makeup #Sakura-iro -Pink Beige- SPF30 / PA+++ & Oshiroi Face Powder #Sakura-iro -Sheer Pink- SPF15 / PA++

by - 10/07/2015 09:34:00 AM

If you saw Japankuru website and another post here by them, like I had suggested, then this SANA Maikohan already knowledgeable. This Maikohan brand was made by SANA. I've never tried the other SANA (Nameraka etc) makeup & skincare before, but I've been curious about Maikohan. The themes are about pink and maiko (an apprentice of geiko). Have a smooth, white skin like a maiko! Why not a geisha? Because maiko's age are between 15-20, so they still have teenager's skin. This is what the brand wants for us who used it, to have perfect skin in teens. I bought two Maikohan's base makeup, the Shitaji (Foundation) Base Makeup in shade #Sakura-iro -Pink Beige- (only one shade is available for now worldwide) and the Oshiroi Face Powder in shade #Sakura-iro -Sheer Pink-.


01. SANA Maikohan Shitaji Base Makeup #Sakura-iro -Pink Beige- with SPF30 / PA+++

The packaging is full of cute sakura color and prints. Their model, karin (花凛) from
etrenne, also is very pretty with the maiko style fashion and makeup. I'd like to have her skin using this product, the soft, smooth, and mochi-like skin.

The Shitaji Base only have one shade right now, which is Sakura-iro. It contains SPF30 / PA+++ so no worries under sun exposure. This makeup base can be used as: base, beauty serum, concealer, highlighter, color control, and UV protection. Who wouldn't want all of that in one makeup base? Apparently, this brand is only new in SG since May. Thank God, it's already available there when I went to Sasa. The price is $24.90 and $29.90 for the powder but I got $10.00 off discount for total purchase because I'm a foreigner. Sasa is pretty considerate, huh. This is my first time buying from Sasa and it makes me want to buy more from them. For reference, I also bought KATE Slim Create Powder together with Maikohan.

The tube is in soft pink color, with sakura-printing.

It can cover pores and dullness and adjust to pure beautiful skin. With natural florid scent. It will stay for a long time with moisture, such as beauty emulsion. Produce a "obokoi" (a word used to describe maiko, who is girlish and cute) pure skin that you'd want to touch. This product have delicate flavor of "sakurashi" (sakura's song). No wonder I like the scent very much.


Because it is a cosmetic product, it's best if you cleanse after usage.

The left picture is the shitaji base makeup. It is a cream liquid and very easy to blend. After blending on the right picture, my skin has more glow with slightly bit of pink undertone and brighter. A very comfortable scent and feeling while using it. It's not sticky on face.


02. SANA Maikohan Oshiroi Face Powder #Sakura-iro -Sheer Pink- SPF15 / PA++

It only use plastic wrap. But the sakura-printed plastic is pretty. Sadly, after opening the plastic wrap, the beautiful sakura picture will disappear because it's a printed plastic. From behind, the powder can be seen. It has pink colored-powder particles.

Not only the shitaji base that have SPF, the face powder also have SPF15. It's a plus for me. Mine is called Sakura-iro (sakura colored) -sheer pink- for fair skintone. The other shade is Hada-iro (skin colored) -sheer beige- for normal skintone. Also has sakura extract in the ingredients.


It claims to have the sense of transparency and invisible pores finish to achieve white skin. The cosmetic face powder has perfect finishing and face-lift. In graceful attaching feeling like silk, it will lead to white skin with transparent feeling and invisible pores. It has beauty liquid component that melts on body temperature, blended and wrapped the powder. Even though it's smooth, it is finish with graceful and transparent feeling like silk. The oil and water repellent will repels sweat and water. Totally approved that. I didn't feel the powder is melting. Also has sakura scented fragrance, but softer than the Shitaji Base.

The puff also has pink sakura-printed handle. It's in white color.

After opening the seal, this powder is very different than most loose powder. It has a net to separate the powder. The powder is finely milled so it will rarely go out from its net, except you want to use it and facing it down.

Below is the powder looks like:

I put the powder after using shitaji base. Can you see? In before blending picture, the place where I put Oshiroi powder is glowy from shitaji base. After blending, it is smoother, pink-ish, and soft finish. I will try to put it on my face after this. I'm very excited to see the result on my face.

And then, as for the result from these two products, look at the picture:


From my dull face to mochi-colored! With only Shitaji Base, I could achieve brighter skin. as for the powder, it helps to create matte and smooth skin like a mochi. But for coverage wise, it is very low, but greater than normal loose powder, or even a translucent powder. I think with the help of Shitaji Base, the powder stays for a long time on my dry face. I could still see the white powder-colored face until I got home from work. The powder is also very light, doesn't give me breakout. As for the Shitaji Base, I must try it under my KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover to give better point. On to the next step for more result about Sana Maikohan Shitaji Base Makeup below.

I should've put it on my neck too. This way, my face became white and pink, leaving my neck behind! The pink flush is thanks to Tony Moly Crystal Blusher Pink Jubilee, the other pink-ish tone is from Oshiroi powder. But seriously, after one hour applied, it changed like this:

Not ghastly anymore. Wait, my neck was red because I have allergy with weather but not only cold, it could appear when it's hot too. Something that comes out every now and then since middle school, I must eat medicine or it will get bigger. My problem is, the medicine has similar effect to influenza medicine that will give me sleepy eyes.

Next is the picture using Shitaji Base and KATE Powderless Liquid. I wanted to try if this is a good base or not, so I tried going to work with the mix of these two:

I didn't work with my eyebrows, forgive the loose color. As for eyeshadow, I used DAISO Ellefar Glitter Eyeshadow #E Coral all colors, blended with Hakuhodo J5529 brush. I know some people said that J5529 is too small for blending, but for me, it fits my crease perfectly and not too large. The brush is very soft & light, I felt I didn't use anything for blending. With Hakuhodo J5529, the Ellefar eyeshadow becomes easy to use for everyday activities. You can see the pink color is not too obvious, rather than using finger for blending in the previous post. And know what? The blusher I was using is from DAISO Mix Cheek Powder #2 again, shade no.4 lavender matte topped with 2 pink glitters. With using only 2 colors, the flush wouldn't be too much but it's still cute.

What Hakuhodo J5529 looks like:


A small blending brush with 13mm height.

After experimenting with KATE Powderless Liquid, I realized that Sana Maikohan Shitaji Base is a great primer for me. The KATE Powderless stays well until lunch break, which bad makeup primer can't do. I like it more than Canmake Blessed Natural Primer and Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur, but considering it's hard to get and pretty expensive, I don't know where should I repurchase. Either way, very love the scent for Shitaji & Oshiroi. I rarely meets Japanese cosmetic with scent. Oshiroi Face Powder truly gives white-pink undertone for my skin, but if you have natural / yellow skintone, try the beige color.

Meanwhile for Oshiroi Face Powder, the finish creates bright skin (mostly white), with a bit of pink undertone, It looks like some Japanese maiko for sure, but be aware about the white finish. Some might not like it too white. If it's too much, try using a powder brush rather than its puff for lighter finish. I've tried using my kabuki brush and it's more natural, compared with my photos before. I must approve that this powder stays for a long time all day, different than my Skinfood Buckwheat or any normal loose powder (the one which can be compared in term of staying power is my Kiss Me Heroine Make Mineral BB Loose Powder). But this one doesn't even have a "BB" name on it. So it's still amazing for a normal loose powder to stay still for half a day at work.

You May Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Hi! Sorry to post this here (but I didn't know where else). I wanted to ask you if now that Mangalator (Otakumole) is back, you are going to still translate Kuro Hakushaku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'd like to be back. And I just know that it's functioning again. Thank you. I'll try to finish what I've done. I'll be prioritizing the one I've translated though.

      Delete
    2. Though I'm still working on studying the new website's layout. I think it's more complicated, but I'll try.

      Delete
  2. Thank you vey much!
    I think for translating is almost the same as before, it changed mostly for reading. The copy-paste for images is a bit complicated at first but you get used to it easily ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The translating menu is the same. I've figured it out and already translated Hakushaku ha Hoshi wo Mederu chp 25. I'll be working on 26 soon. And next will be the other series I've translated (if not being translated yet).

      Delete
  3. I just saw chapter 25 :)
    I'm so happy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete