Home

Reviews

About Me

Kanebo KATE Brown Shade Eyes #BR-3 Sepia & Slim Create Powder for Cover EX-1

by - 10/23/2015 03:06:00 PM

I love KATE cosmetic so much! They sells it in drugstore with not too cheap price (though I think the price is similar to Bourjois and Revlon for high end drugstore), but the quality can be compared to high end department store brand. Their famous BB cream, Mineral BB Gel Cream has changed to Mineral Mask BB for dry skin. I'm in the middle of ordering and waiting for Mineral Mask BB to arrive, so I still have more of KATE review than these two. KATE is still using Kuroki Meisa as their model, which I'm happy about because she suits the brand concept of Tokyo metropolitan city (Please watch her with GACKT in Time Spiral mini dorama. She's very pretty & gorgeous there). For now, I'll be reviewing my last KATE items from my SG haul, the Brown Shade Eyes BR-3 Sepia eyeshadow and the Slim Create Powder for Cover EX-1 contouring cosme. There is no disappointing product of KATE for me for what I have bought until now.



01. KATE Brown Shade Eyes #BR-3 Sepia


Brown Shade Eyes is a 4 shade brown eye shadow palette that creates a contoured and mature look. There are 6 different combinations of well-balanced brown shade with a unique powder texture. The fake shade powder creates natural shades to achieve a contoured look as you desire. I have the matte BR-6, which doesn't have glitter in the base brown color (the middle color). And now, I bought the BR-3, Sepia. I think it's a quiet uncommon shade, right? The sepia is the base color for it, and I believe it would suit to romantic & feminine look.

The way to put it is simple, right? Shade A-B-C on crease & eyeline, then put fake shade powder on nose bridge, double eyelid, and shading the undereye.

I really love the fake shade powder from this range. And even though KATE has 2 new eyeshadow types after this Brown Shade Eyes, I don't have any interest in those. I think I'll be more suited for this natural brown theme, rather than dark pupils enlarge in Monochrome Shine Eyes or plumping undereyes in Trap Impact Eyes. But I'm very jealous in SG. I saw their Facebook and they will launch a new product soon, including the Mineral Mask BB, Trap Impact Eyes, and CC Lip Treatment Red Spice. They also sold the CC Lip Cream already when I got to Watsons & SaSa.


The case is all in black without mirror.


They're warm brown shade with red hue. The sepia color will turn natural once on my crease. It seems I'm not wearing anything.

Don't you think the sepia color is pretty? For the fake shade, I think this one is a brown that is more red than BR-6. KATE made them in different color to suit their range of shade variation. But they will suit our skintone perfectly. The chip are two-sided and fluffy. But I'd rather use finger to put the highlight color.

See that? The sepia won't bee too noticeable. The color changed to fit my skintone. Oh by the way, I also put Slim Create Powder on nose and create pointed nose with it. I used the fake shade powder according to the picture on the plastic box.

And this picture depicted how the sepia color isn't too noticeable for daily look. It's very natural, right?



02. KATE Slim Create Powder for Cover EX-1


Slim Create Powder is a face powder set with shading powder and highlighter for a more compact and contoured face. Create a tighter looking contoured with light and shade. Comes with a highlighter and a shading powder. It has moisturizer for preventing dry skin with serum ingredient (water-solluble collagen) and formulated with sweat-proof and fade-resistant fluorine treated powder. Comes with a flat natural horse hair brush. There is only one shade, EX-1.

Ingredient list and manufacturing date. Visit nomorerules.net for KATE's product in Japan. Or visit kanebo.sg/kate for Singapore's website. Did you know that KAO is already acquired by Kanebo? That's why it is distributed in SG through KAO.

This box has "how-to-use" picture on it. You don't need to get explained on how to contour, right? Or do you? Just put the brown color around face line to create V-shape, or maybe put it on nose bridge to slim your nose. And add highlighter on T-zone, C-zone (sometimes, only cheekbones), and chin to create 3D effect, defining your slim face.

How the case looks like. Comes in black edgy packaging. Just have white written text about its product name and developer. And if it didn't do any good, for example harm your skin, just stop using it.


The picture kept drawing 3-way-contouring shape. But it depends on your face shape. Different face shape has different line of shading, try the best to fit it. The brush is soft enough for my face. It doesn't harm like my Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush's brush. This one is safe to use.

What the color looks like. The brown is quiet soft-finish without looking too much. I think it's best to use for someone who have normal-fair skin since it's sheer and needs to be swept a few times for the color to come out.

I think KATE Slim Create Powder's brown is more perfect for me than Canmake Shading Powder in Honey Rusk Brown. My Canmake is too yellow for my skin, it doesn't suit fair skintone. But I will keep using that because it's not too much. There is a product more yellow than Canmake, though, and I've tried it but forget what it was. I don't need to mention that this one is long-lasting too. The powder also creates soft-focus 3D face, which is perfect to cover pores. The highlight color isn't too much, similar with my MUJI Lucent Powder #Lucent White highlighter. But I think I need MUJI for better shine. Though KATE would suit natural makeup look better for the less-glittery highlight powder.

With KATE Lash Maximizer EX-1 as mascara base to emphasize my lashes so the point will be on my eyes. Brown Shade Eyes BR-3 has more red color on my crease and it creates softer looking eyes than BR-6 matte brown. I used Slim Create Powder on my faceline too, but it's not noticeable even after 3 swipes. Well, I like sheer finish, it won't give that hard contouring look. Can you see the highlight powder? Coz I can't. But my nose is slightly shiny than other parts. I think it comes out more on nose, despite I've put it on cheekbones and forehead also.


KATE Brown Shade Eyes BR-3 Sepia:
+ Natural sepia-brown colored eyeshadow perfect for daily use or special occassion.
+ Compact case with chip.
+ Not much glittery as I thought it would be, especially for the sepia color.
+ Soft & good quality chip to use.
+ I think the sepia shade is perfect for romantic-look at a party, but not too bold.
+ All colors complement each other. Especially the special-made fake shade powder with different kinds of brown that would suit its main color.
+ The eyeshadow has less fallout and that's what I love. It would stick on my crease all day without melting (unlike DAISO Pearl in Eyeshadow series).
- No mirror included and that's all.


KATE Slim Create Powder for Cover EX-1:
+ Natural 3D effect look for slimmer face & nose.
+ The brown color suit fair skintone perfectly, without too much yellow hue.
+ The brush bristles are very soft, safe for our skin.
+ Highlight powder is less glittery so it's perfect for natural daily look.
+ Very small case but generous amount of product.
+ No fallouts, the highlight & shading powders are stick to my skin very well.
+ The powder creates soft finish defined face and feels smooth on skin.
- For some people, they need to swipe more for the color to come, but it's not an important matter.
- No mirror included.


PS: I love KATE so much for producing natural, suitable to any-skin cosmetics. Please bring it to Indonesia soon. I feel like by wearing KATE, I keep looking similar to Kuroki Meisa (just a self-satisfaction, sorry). Forgive my messed-up bangs on every picture, because I want to grow it longer.

You May Also Like

0 Comments