Home

Reviews

About Me

Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream #03 Kiss Me Ruby

by - 1/07/2021 07:47:00 PM

 Last year, "Start-Up" K-drama was booming.
While wondering how to get a pretty pink lips like Suzy in the drama,
She advertised the L'Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream in shade #03 Kiss Me Ruby.
The lipstick is also popular in "Vagabond".
I thought of purchasing the lipstick in same shade,
but since I bought many expensive foundations before, I thought of quitting.
Though in the end, because the official shop included bonuses for new year sale,
I ended up purchasing this.
Lancome is a French brand.
So no wonder the price is expensive, even for just a lipstick.

 
What is it:
A long-lasting lipstick, richly-pigmented and hydrating,
inspired by red rubies and designed with a crystal-shaped bullet
for precise application.


What it does:
Sensuous and luxurious, Ruby Cream are long-lasting lipsticks with a satin finish.
Richly pigmented and designed for a one-stroke application,
the formula includes rose flower extracts, Pro-Xylane™, natural sesame oils
and tourmaline to leave lips feeling replenished and luminous.





A few pictures of Suzy wearing this lipstick in shade #03 Kiss Me Ruby below:



 
 
In the video, Suzy wore L'Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream
in shade 03 Kiss Me Ruby and 01 Red Ruby. 
She looks stunning in both colors.
Suzy is the best!


Shade Kiss Me Ruby is in satin finish.
There might be some matte shade too.
But I'm glad since I'd prefer satin than matte.
 
 
Shade's name at the top box.


Lipstick bullet is in black background color.
There is also crystal-like patterns, a complex drawing.
A golden logo of Lancome is on the bottom cap.
To open the lipstick, click the rose flower pattern at the top.

This is the rose pattern.


 
Bullet is in jewel-like shape.
But after applying, the bullet shape won't stay and will disappear.
Considering such a waste.
The size of L'Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream is normal to me.
At some point, it seems short.
But I rarely use only one lip product, so it might last for a few years.
The lipstick does not have any scent and taste.

Color Swatches:



 Kiss Me Ruby is a mauve pink.
It almost seems purple.
The color is very pigmented.
In two swipes, the color turns very bold!
This is supposed to be a MLBB color.
But if I applied too much, the color will turn to bold pink-purple.
 
With or without bangs?
 
Truthfully, I was afraid if Western lipstick won't be as moisturizing as Asian.
But I'm very surprised.
After using for a long time, it really does moisturizing for my super dry lips.
The color result is not matte, a bit glowing.
The lipstick itself feels creamy, but not thick.


Since it is a normal lipstick, it does transferring a lot.
But the color stays a bit longer than normal lipstick as its claim,
I don't need to re-apply too much.
This mauve color looks pretty good on my skintone.
But I don't think it is as MLBB as the claim does.
For my everyday makeup, Kiss Me Ruby is considered medium pigmentation.
I'd like to apply thinly in one swipe at first, then applying more on the inner lips
to create gradation.
That way, the color won't become as bold as applying in full lips.


For repurchase, I will consider other color if there is sale and many bonus include in it.
If not, the price is very expensive,
I might buy other color, such as Red Ruby.
As I'm getting older, I like to use bold color in some days.




MY THOUGHTS OF LANCOME L'ABSOLU ROUGE RUBY CREAM #03 KISS ME RUBY:
+ Pigmented color. Only need to apply once or twice.
+ Size is pretty big.
+ Moisturizing dry lips.
+ Does not show dry lips or lip lines.
+ Does not have taste and scent.
+ Glides smoothly on lips.
+Mature impression even though Kiss Me Ruby is more natural than most of L'Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream line.
+ Staying power is longer than normal but still transferring a few of color (on mask too).
- Very expensive for a normal size lipstick.
- Color can be too bold for everyday look.


You May Also Like

0 Comments