Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude House x Hershey's Drink Special Kit Play Color Eyes Mini #Original

by - 4/08/2020 09:17:00 PM

These few months, I rarely bought Korean makeup brand.
But this tiny eyeshadow palette from Etude House kept asking me to buy it.
It is a 2020 collaboration with Hershey's chocolate brand.
There are two palettes, Original and Cookies & Cream.
I thought Cookies & Cream is sheer, so I don't need those color.
The Drink Special Kit includes Hershey's tumbler in the set.
I don't use tumbler but it is okay to buy this set, right.
NOTE that starting from this post, I already used different phone to take picture.
From LG G5 (yup, old but good quality) to Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
And I already have scar on my right eyebrow due to my illness.


For description, I took it from Etude House global website:




I bought only for the #Original.
 That is because I have mostly natural sheer color brown
from Korean eyeshadow palette.
I'd like to try a darker theme.

The box looks like real chocolate box.
The Cookies & Cream version is in white box.
And I can't eat too many chocolate nowadays, it is sad.
I have barrett esophagus illness that won't heal all my life.


Just look at this collection.
This is what asking me to buy them.
But truth be told, the tumbler have holes in its cap.
I can't use cap with hole to drink, dust will get in the tumbler.
I wish Etude made a seal-able cap.

The package looks like real chocolate itself.
I thought Etude House would also give me real chocolate.
But not. 😔


Original eyeshadow palette is in dark chocolate background color.
The size is very small, I can grab easily with one palm of my hand.

The palette is too small it doesn't include brush.

Those colors!
I rarely use these kind of dark colors.
but this one has darker and more matte browns.

I love the color of Milk Chocolate and Real Hershey's.

Swatches:

Matte colors are "Delicious Chocolate", "Milk Chocolate",
"Chocoholic", and "Real Hershey's".
"Yammy Chocolate" is shimmery color.
"A Sweet Message" is glitter.

On my eyelid:

Using all colors.
Topped with "Yammy Chocolate" on upper middle lid.
"A Sweet Message" was used only on lower eyelid. 
"Real Hershey's" was for 1/3 upper and lower eyelid,
but it showed more as smokey eyes look.

Surprisingly, the "Yammy Chocolate" is more natural than most of Clio's palette.
But since they have darker colors than Japanese eyeshadow,
I think they are best to used for smokey eyes makeup.
My co-worker, a male, once told me my eyeshadow was too dark,
like a vampire, when using this palette.
Well, I am glad since he didn't describe as panda.😂
Maybe because I rarely use dark colored eyeshadow for work.
When I picked this changing theme, it is a bit embarassing.
The quality itself is lasting longer than Clio.
It doesn't smudge and the gradation is still there by the end of work hour.
I like this kind of texture more than Clio Pro Eye Palette.
Clio have messier glitter powder than this palette.
And matte color for brown eyeshadow is my favorite,
rather than glittery texture.

I only used this kind eyeshadow and my friend told me I look like Cullen family...
Maybe because of my skintone, this dark brown color pops out more.

I find it hard to use "Yammy Chocolate" color on this palette.
For the matte color, I could use "Chocoholic" more than that.
The purpose of "Yammy Chocolate" is questionable to me.
Because when I wanted to use glitter,
I should only pick "A Sweet Message" on top.
So I only used "Yammy Chocolate" as long as I have the mood
or as topping color for party look to get shimmery eyes.

Anyway, this is not my daily eyeshadow palette.
I look like vampire in this kind of color.
But maybe, if I use the sheer brown in it, it won't be a problem anymore.
I should avoid using "Real Hershey's" color too much.
Sadly, this palette doesn't have chocolate scent.

I finally found a eyeshadow that suits smokey eyes makeup for me.
Because I couldn't use smudge pencil liner,
I would prefer eyeshadow, like Korean smokey eye makeup look.
This is a best choice.



MY THOUGHTS OF ETUDE X HERSHEY'S PLAY COLOR EYES MINI #ORIGINAL:
+ Have matte, shimmer, and glittery colors in one palette.
+ Doesn't smudge or melt and good staying power.
+ The matte colors can be used for daily makeup.
+ Texture is not chalky.
+ Suitable for heavy makeup theme.
+ Price is not expensive.
+ The chocolate theme is very interesting for women who likes sweets.
+ Includes big mirror!
- Doesn't have brush.
- Real Hershey's color is not suitable for daily office makeup at least for me.

You May Also Like

0 Comments