Home

Reviews

About Me

Clio Pro Eye Palette #02 Brown Choux

by - 11/04/2019 08:25:00 PM

Ever since I bought the Peripera Frozen eyeshadow palette years ago,
I have never tried Clio other palette.
But then this type came on my Insta feed, tempting me to buy.
At first I wanted the #01 Simply Pink.
But then I noticed I have many Korean eyeshadow in pink theme.
So I bought brown themed palette, this Brown Choux.


This is a pretty matte and glittery eyeshadow palette.
Find out about it below:





Actually, I'm very interested with no.5 Rusted Rose.
But it is very new and I just know about new colors after buying Brown Choux.
I couldn't find it anywhere online for this new product at that time.
I really want Rusted Rose because I think it will be an autumn color
that would suit my skintone.
After two months buying Brown Choux,
I ordered the Rusted Rose in the end.
Please wait for my review next time, since it needs time to be delivered.

Advertising picture for the new color:



Okay, let's get back at Brown Choux, the palette I own.
It is basically a warm coral shades, dominated by coral brown colors.
The brown leans yellow-ish, which I couldn't find in most Japanese eyeshadow.
Most brown color in Japan's eyeshadow are either red-ish,
dark brown, pink-ish, or mix of beige.
The bold & pigmented eyeshadows in Japan are either comes from
a magazine or a brand that is not popular overseas.
That's why I chose Brown Choux over Simply Pink.
I thought I can find the similar shade of Simply Pink from Kate's eyeshadow,
especially shade no.2, 4, 9, 10.

Brown Choux has yellow-ish brown colored box.


*sad* 😢😥

Opened it and became sadder...

The palette I got was in a mess when I received thanks to the delivery courier.
I was a bit shocked to receive this, since shade no.5 Slow Motion was badly damaged.
But then, I quickly cleaned the messy palette and put it together again
with Hatomugi Skin Conditioner toner I have.
I poured Hatomugi to a cotton then patting the cracked glittery powder
until they stick together again.

After cleansing.
Slow Motion was damaged badly.
Brushes are very dense, so it doesn't suitable for blending.
But I use them for putting lower eyelid colors.
They can stick well using Clio's brushes like these.

Upon cleaning it, I found the glitters easily fell off.
But they are easy to be removed too.
Meanwhile, glitters also sticks well on skin when you do nothing.

After fixing Slow Motion with Hatomugi Skin Conditioner. 😁

When I saw this palette, my thought is "every color is glittery!"
I rarely buy Korean eyeshadow because the glitters are big, unlike Japanese.
Because of big glitter particle, they will be very noticeable for daily use.
But I am in so much awe for the quality of glitter in shade 4 of every variations.
The glitter is very shiny and big, creating a luminous blinking eye effect.
Suprisingly, I like to use it a lot than no.3 Lay Back,
even though they are the same glittery finish.
The shade no.4 Best Shot from Brown Choux is very good to apply
on the middle of upper eyelid.

The bottom colors contains pigmented yellow-ish brown.
Looking at them reminds me of maple trees in autumn,
a mix of red, brown, and yellow.
From the Brown Choux swatch picture above, "Back to You" is written
as matte, but I don't think so.
It have few shimmers, not strong like "Pretend" though.
Meanwhile, the crytal glitter "Pretend" is more beautiful
when I use it without being smudged.
Just stick it to eyelid and it will give bling bling eyelook.

Photo taken from Google of Sagano Romantic Railway in autumn.

Every glitter in this palette can create fall out while applying.
But after that, it will stay good on my dry skin for a whole day without smudging.
All colors won't smudge!
They don't have scent too.

If I remember correctly, I used "Ristretto" as a base.
Swipe the entire crease with "Focaccia"
Then fill up the front and back eyelid with shade "Back to you",
up to the lower lid.
By doing so, it will create depth to gradation shadow.
 Put "Pretend" & "Best Shot" on upper middle lid, also on 1/3 of lower eyes.
Last, put "Flat white" on the lower eyebrow for highlight.

This time, I used a simple gradation by putting "Light roasting" on entire upper lid.
Then put "Lay back" on the middle upper lid.
I used "Pretend" for lower eyes.

The glittery colors are very pigmented.
They have a jelly-like texture, easily picked with brush and finger.
I can use any tools to apply them well.
But I prefer to use finger when applying shade no.4 on upper lid
in tap tap motion and it sticks perfectly on lid without problem.

The overall color look almost same on skin.
Especially shade "Light roasting" and "Focaccia".
I can't find the difference once I put them on.
The only good color for creating depth is "Back to you".

I put a simple gradation on the right photo.

Meanwhile, if I want a more natural color,
I will use matte type eyeshadow in this palette.
The glitters are too bright and shiny for daily use.
And shade "Light Roasting" "Fromage" "Focaccia" are too similar to each other.

Same with first photo, the right photo is a simple version.

I like this palette for the texture, even though its shades
are too pigmented for daily use.
The warm brown toned from this palette is also too warm for my skintone.
But I chose it because it will be suitable for autumn theme.
I will prefer bringing Rusted Rose than Brown Choux
after I received my package.I don't feel normal wearing this kind of warm color,
but many people at work said this kind of color fit me well.
I don't know though, it might be about preference?
But I'm not comfortable wearing this showy eyeshadow at office.


I think I have enough of warm toned eyeshadow color for now.
Especially the glittery version.
Since I am becoming older, I want a neutral palette for daily.
The range from Clio Pro Eye Palette is still continuing.
I hope I can try Rusted Rose too later,
because I think I am more suited to cool-toned pink color.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
I don't think I understand personal color chart better than an expert.




MY THOUGHTS OF CLIO PRO EYE PALETTE #02 BROWN CHOUX:
+ A palette of matte and glittery shadows.
+ Comes with a small mirror and dual edge brushes.
+ The palette itself is not heavy at all.
+ Even though glitter colors can fall out upon sticking them, it won't smudge. Staying power is great.
+ Best shot has unique glitter texture, it will create diamond-like shape upon sticking it to eyelid.
But don't swipe / blend it. Just stick to pat-pat motion.
+ Since they are pigmented, suitable for party look and photoshoot.
+ Price is still generous for a six eyeshadow colors.
+ Brown Choux is pretty for autumn themed makeup.
- Warm tone from this palette is not suitable for my skintone.
- Some colors are similar in this palette or in the Simply Pink palette.
- As I have experienced, the powder is not strong enough and can be damaged upon bringing it on travel.
- Brushes are too dense, similar to Daiso brush I have.

You May Also Like

0 Comments