Home

Reviews

About Me

BOTANIST Botanical Hair Oil Rich Moist Type #Apricot & Rose ボタニカルヘアオイル リッチモイストタイプ #アプリコットとローズ

by - 12/14/2019 11:11:00 PM

Before I went to Japan, I had a research for hair oil.
Since my hair is very dry and coarse, I need a good hair oil
that will smooth my hair
I have tried a few hair vitamins before,
but found out they gave my face acnes.
Truthfully, the most famous hair oil in Japan
right now is N. (N dot) Polish Oil.
But I couldn't find it at drugstores and price is expensive for bigger bottle.
BOTANIST was in front of me at Matsumoto Kiyoshi Namba.
Without worry, I grabbed the moist type in apricot & rose fragrance.
English website is here, but there is no apricot & rose hair oil.

 BOTANIST is a Japan's brand focussing on hair & skincare product.
The fragrances are mostly from fruits or flowers.
From shampoo to hand cream to hair brushes or candles,
BOTANIST can create anything for a simple botanical lifestyle.

BOTANIST = An expert in the scientific study of plants.】
Amidst the ever-changing, hectic flow of modern life,
nature and humans have always lived close together.
By incorporating plants into our daily lives,
we spend each and every day a bit more consciously
and realize the importance of embracing simplicity.
Now is the time, Botanical Lifestyle. 

The hair oil description is taken from English website:

The blessing of botanical ingredients enhance the natural shine of your hair
and gives it natural gloss and a hydrated smooth touch.

Heat from hair styling can be damaging to your hair. However, this hair oil
uses this heat to form cuticle-like substances on the hair surface
to condition the hair.

■Contains Color Protection Agents※1
 (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil・Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter・Inula Crithmoide Flower/Leaf Extract )

■Contains a Heat Repair Lipid※1
 (Meadowfoam Delta-Lactone)

■Contains Plant-derived Ingredients※1
 (Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil・Squalane・
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil・Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil・
Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil・Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil・
Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil・Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) 
Seed Oil・Rosa Canina Fruit Oil)

■Contains Aging Haircare Agents※1,2
 (Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil・Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract)

※1 All Moisturizing Agents
※2 Haircare according to age

Coat your hair with dense oil to make your hair smooth and shiny.
With the bounty of plants, the hair shines with its original beauty.
Moisturizing and finishes with smooth and shiny hair.  
Apply an appropriate amount to the hair after towel drying
with the palm of your hand, and apply it to the entire hair,
especially the hair tips that are susceptible to drying and damage.
Use it more is recommended in places where dryness and damage are anxious!
 
Short hair : 0,5 push
Medium hair : from middle to hair tip 0,5-1 push
whole hair : 1-1,5 pushes
Long hair : from middle to hair tip 1-1,5 pushes,
whole hair : 2-3 pushes
 
 But I dislike wearing anything except face cream at night,
so I usually use the oil after ironing.
Which is weird, since it helps to take care of hair from heat.
Just don't follow me, I am not a people who sleep with oily hair.
And putting oil before using hair iron would dirty the plate.

 At first time, I only purchased one bottle to try.
I used a few times, at Kyoto and the other days in Japan.
Then, the result was very good so I bought another bottle to stock up.

In pump type so it is safe of oil from my hand.

This is for real.
I really love the scent and finish result from BOTANIST.
Just 1 push and enough for all of my hair.
The finish gives smooth result to dry hair and shining.

Fushimi Inari, Kyoto

The thing is, its scent is heavenly.
I like to smell my hair scent at work because it stays the entire day.
Well, maybe it will begin to disappear from morning to 6 PM.
But the scent is fading beautifully.
For me who dislike scent so much,
I can bear smelling the apricot & rose from this hair oil.
The apricot gives a sweet scent,
while rose is a bit tingling to nose.
But I can bear it, I swear.

Fushimi Inari, Kyoto

Saga-Arashiyama Station, Kyoto
From back, look at the shine it gave to my hair.
I am glad I colored my hair light so it shows out more.
And my hair does not look messy or tangled.

Arima Onsen, Kobe.
My favorite city.

And now, I will tell you the effect on my hair.
It will stick my hair altogether so it doesn't get tangled by wind.
I didn't get messy hair while using this hair oil.
It is moisturizing but not as a shampoo or hair mask.
If I don't wear it, my hair gets the usual dryness.
Since I usually straighten my hair,
using BOTANIST hair oil helps it get straighter.
At least sometimes, I hate my thick hair because it looks too much.
But with this oil, my hair is manageable and not fluffy.

Shibuya, Tokyo.
Only visited Tokyo in one day cause I like countryside better.
All pictures here in Japan were taken by my sister's phone,
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
I went there without guide and a few mistakes but no problem.
Finally, my knowledge of Japanese language came to work.

But too bad, even a good hair oil gave me breakout.
When I don't work and not facing downward,
my hair won't stick to my face.
But when I am working with notebook, I should look down
because of my bad eyesight and to write on notes.
This is the biggest problem.
Using anything not face friendly would result in breakout!
I had a few breakouts and I thought this is the result
of using hair oil everyday at work.
So I will use it as minimum as I can, maybe when weekend comes.

UPDATE OF DECEMBER 22, 2019:
The breakout wasn't cause by this hair oil.
Actually, my skin changed from Japan's autumn to Indonesia's humid.
My sister also experienced that kind of problem too.
The first 1-2 weeks came back to Indonesia,
my skin was good and smooth, the best skin I had.
But then, after almost a month coming back,
we had breakouts for 2-3 weeks.
So I can tell you this hair oil is the best so far.
I use it almost everyday to work now that my skin is back to normal.



MY THOUGHTS OF BOTANIST BOTANICAL HAIR OIL RICH MOIST #APRICOT & ROSE:
+ Hygienic pump type bottle.
+ A large size and affordable price.
+ Smooth & moisturize hair.
+ Nice and heavenly scent.
+ Protecting hair from heat.
+ Keeping hair tidy and not messed up by wind.
+ Does not get fluffy hair.
+ The scent has long staying power.
+ Doesn't give breakout to my face skin.
- Can't find it in Indonesia. There is BOTANIST at Sephora SG website though.

You May Also Like

0 Comments