Home

Reviews

About Me

KLAVUU Urban Pearlsation High Coverage Tenshion Cushion #21 Bright Light Beige with SPF50+ / PA++++

by - 5/05/2019 04:52:00 PM

You might not know about KLAVUU.
I first encountered this brand from Kaji Eri Youtube channel.
She used the Blue Pearlsation version.
This Urban Pearlsation type is a high coverage with dewy finish cushion.
Comes in grey case, it is considered a high end brand.

What is it?



I was walking around Myeongdong with my two friends when I found its counter.
I thought I wouldn't buy it before.
When I was trying the tester for Blue Pearlsation version,
the lady BA gave me this Urban Pearlsation type.
Maybe she realized I have very dry skin and was very tired.
I didn't sleep more than 5 hours each day, my panda eyes was visible.
Mixing with the panda eyes, my eyes were red and itchy from lack of sleep!
So to cover them all, she suggested this type.
 Kaji Eri video using KLAVUU:

She described KLAVUU as God foundation last year in summer.
Kaji Eri liked this for the light weight, covering power, and it gives glossy skin.



Actually, I didn't have acne problem besides in my period.
But I used her suggestion and bought in shade #21, the lightest.
I thought it will be hard to buy KLAVUU again so I bought with refill.

I got those samples.
A complete set of KLAVUU skincare routine plus one base makeup.
This set with refill costs me 45.000 won.

Closer look:

Urban Pearlsation High Coverage Tension Cushion has grey packaging box & case.
Truthfully, my favorite color is blue and I really want the Blue Pearlsation...
I never have any blue case cushion.
But I believed the BA will give me the most compatible version.
She also saw my rough hands and gave me the lotion to smooth it (so kind).
The BA was very considerate to me and asked if Korea's weather is too cold.
Though my problem is dry skin!
I could stand the coldness, but my skin kept changing to rough & bleed,
especially for my hands & lips.







The set includes a sponge too as usual.
This is also a foundation as the promotional ads said.


The mesh doesn't have pattern.

Pick a little amount and it can spread well.
This size is for half of my face.

Applying by tapping motion, it gives me dewy finish on glowy makeup base.
But if I don't use a base, the result is semi-matte.
Doesn't have annoying scent too.
The sponge is soft and sturdy to take the cream inside.
Coverage is also very good.
With one tap, I can cover dark acne marks.
Meanwhile, to cover my panda eyes, I need around two taps.

Result:
This result is why I bought Urban Pearlsation cushion.
It sticks well even though my hand is rough.
Like my second skin.

Bare face VS KLAVUU Urban Pearlsation High Coverage Tension Cushion.

The finish result.
Sorry, I had swollen face 2 days after coming back from Korea.
I had very little time to sleep there.
Moroever, I lacked blood when I was hiking Mt. Seorak.

More decent finish result after point makeup.

Well, as I have thought.
It doesn't last that long until the creamy foundation melts.
By time, it will create flaky cream around nose & chin.
Though I could take care of them easily by tapping my finger or with tissue paper.
This is not a big problem for me because I usually experience it.
The problem won't occur by putting the Ideal Backstage Cream from KLAVUU.
I will review the cream later.
Maybe it will stay long if I use powder around nose too.
Shade no.21 is perfect for me.
I didn't see any difference with my hands.


Here, you can see the dewy finish result and the shade match my hand.
I didn't use it on neck.
Urban Pearlsation cushion will get more dewy by using dewy base under it.


I didn't experience anymore problem beside that.
The foundation doesn't change following my dry skin after hours.
Even if I use Urban Pearlsation cushion for 10 hours,
it won't show any dry / rough skin, especially under my eyes.
For me, this cushion foundation is good enough for dry skin.
Finishing can become dewy and it looks natural with light weight.
My only problem is around nose & chin area,
but it doesn't have big effect to me.
I just need to put a base makeup before using this cushion.
This is expensive but the coverage is quite good.
I really suggested to prime well before using this cushion to not melt.




MY THOUGHTS OF KLAVUU URBAN PEARLSATION : 
+ High coverage like a cream foundation.
+ Gives dewy finish.
+ Doesn't show dry skin.
+ Scent is not strong.
+ Doesn't irritate skin or giving breakouts.
+ Even though it is dewy finish, it doesn't feel oily to touch.
+ Sponge is quite sturdy and takes product well than cheaper brands without being stiff.
+ Natural dewy finish which doesn't look much different with bare skin.
+ Staying power for overall face is quite good, except around nose.
- It will melt around nose and chin but easily solved by finger / tissue.
- Expensive, similar to Laneige or a bit higher.

You May Also Like

0 Comments