Home

Reviews

About Me

Shu Uemura x La Maison du Chocolat Rouge Unlimited #Raspberry Puree ラ・メゾン・デュ・ショコラ×シュウ ウエムラ コレクション ルージュアンリミテッド #ラズベリーピューレ

by - 12/10/2018 08:42:00 PM

To commemorate Christmas and the end of the year 2018,
Shu Uemura collaborated with La Maison du Chocolat Paris.
From the packaging to the name of its product,
everything was named deliciously.
I actually didn't imagine to buy one of the collection
because my eyes went to Cosme Decorte Christmas coffret.
But after purchasing Cosme Decorte, because of the hype
everywhere on Youtube, I decided to buy the lipstick from Shu Uemura.
I chose Raspberry Puree, a color that will compliment my skintone.

I first found this collection at Mimi TV channel on Youtube.
It was when Ajima Yume introduced the chocolate theme makeup.
Not interested at that time, but after more Youtubers reviewing it,
and I found it was sold on Sephora online here, I couldn't resist.

This is the video I mentioned, reviewed by Ajima Yume.
But she didn't review about Rouge Unlimited #Raspberry Puree.
Everytime I see her, she reminds me of Yoon Eun Hye...

Banner of full collection.

In Japan, there are two times sale.
One is to introduce the eyeshadow, lipstick (matte & satin),
shimmery powder, and cleansing oil.


And second time sale contains color mascara, creamy cheek color,
brush set, premium chocolate curler, makeup box, and hair essence.

But there is also metallic lip liner somewhere in other countries.
Though that kind of thing isn't my cup of tea.

But I'm only interested in the lipstick and eyeshadow...
The creamy cheek blusher was also interesting at first.
But I couldn't find them unique enough.
The Rouge Unlimited in chocolate limited edition is divided by
4 colors of Rouge Unlimited (satin) and 6 colors of Supreme Matte (matte).
But I had love and hate relationship with matte lip product,
so I would surely pass the matte version.



The Rouge Unlimited of La Maison du Chocolat are Caramel Toffee,
Raspberry Puree, Framboise Sorbet, Hazelnut Ganache.

Rouge Unlimited of La Maison du Chocolat itself is a delicious satin lipstick
with a chocolate fragrance and limited edition package for holiday collection.
This satin lipstick comes with a vivid color payoff and a layable,
light texture that is buildable.
Infused with moisture lock cream, it helps your lips
to stay smooth and moisturized.

Brown-red packaging feels like a chocolate box.

The "Raspberry Puree" text is here.

The color in this range might be a new color from old range.
I was at a lost between Raspberry Puree or Framboise Sorbet.
But I thought of similar color to Framboise Sorbet, from Missha.
And my sister kept telling me the red can be found anywhere.
Plus, the Framboise Sorbet might be suitable for warmer skintone.
In the end, Raspberry Puree is the best choice for me!
I didn't even mention to buy Caramel Toffee, despite I like sheer color more.
Because I had watch a review saying the color is too orange.
It wouldn't suit my skintone of course.

I got Raspberry Puree in the hot pink tube.

The bottom packaging of Rouge Unlimited is flat,
compared with the round bottom Supreme Matte version.
Seems there are two colors for the tube design of Rouge Unlimited.
Purple hot pink and orange red.


 Surprise!
The bullet looks alike with Hazelnut Ganache, a brown red.
But the bullet color is very similar with the first picture I uploaded, right?

La Maison du Chocolat has dark chocolate-like scent.
It is not sweet like a milk chocolate.
But the scent is only there for 2 seconds and disappear faintly.
Doesn't have taste too.

But don't worry.
When applied, the color is still raspberry.
I think kind of bluish color is more suitable to my skin.

 Applying sheer:


And bold, applying overlips:


 Since I won't apply bold color lipstick more than 1 swipe,
I can't tell if Rouge Unlimited is moisturizing or not.
But upon looking at my lips, at least it doesn't emphasize dry area.
The sheer first picture of my lips will be the darkest I can do for my makeup look.
I don't dare using the bold lipstick version.

Sheer version
I used tap-tap motion to apply so the color won't show too much.

 The color is similar to my few purple lipstick before.
But the application is really fast!
The bullet has smooth & buttery texture that applied easily to lip surface.
The color doesn't transfer easily to tissue paper or glass.
I think it is long lasting and has tint-like function.

Bold version
I like the minimalist look with this kind of color.
I will be sure to not use any eyeshadow upon wearing bold lipstick.

 Since it is a raspberry puree, the purple raspberry color is very deep.
It looks like brown at first, but does have red tone in it.
Be careful that it can transfer to teeth if applied bold.
I like the taste of swiping the bullet on my lips.
But I can't do it too much or my lips color will be very bold.

Differences between sheer & bold.
I'm keeping my minimum eye makeup upon using bold color lipstick.



MY THOUGHTS OF SHU UEMURA X LA MAISON DU CHOCOLAT ROUGE UNLIMITED #RASPBERRY PUREE:
+ Has delicious dark chocolate scent that is not overwhelming. Doesn't have taste.
+ Only need one swipe to create vivid color.
+ Pretty colorful packaging in limited edition.
+ The bullet formula can be easily swiped, smooth buttery texture.
+ Doesn't emphasize dry lips.
+ Satin & creamy finish that won't be matte dry or full glossy.
+ Long lasting & hardly transferred.
- Expensive yeah.. But the price is actually similar to Laneige though. Quite a fair size on its price, since I only need to use 1-2 swipes.
- Only 4 colors available on Rouge Unlimited christmas coffret 2018 version. And the only limited sheer color is Caramel Toffee.

You May Also Like

0 Comments