Home

Reviews

About Me

Laneige Neo Foundation Glow #13N1 Ivory with SPF16 / PA++

by - 3/05/2022 12:03:00 AM

 I had bought the Neo Cushion in Glow before and was satisfied with the finish result.
Although I did confuse to choose between Glow and Matte,
in the end, I purchased Glow again.
This is the same shade as the cushion I bought.
I think even though the price of cushion and foundation are similar,
the foundation will worth more product inside.
But let's try it.


Ultralight foundation hydrates all day and adheres perfectly to the skin
delivering a natural glow finish for 48 hour.
Recommended for:
- Those who are looking for a comfortable lightweight foundation.
- Those who want a long-lasting foundation.
-  Skin that need protection from city’s harmful substances.
 
 
 


 

Neo foundation – How to use

  • 1. Shake before using.
  • 2. Use after sunscreen and/or makeup base step in your basic skincare routine.
  • 3. Take an adequate amount and apply it thinly along the skin texture. Finish by tapping with your fingers. Apply one more layer on areas that require more coverage.
  • 4. Try using a sponge or brush for a better adherence.
 
 Matte version in mint color:


Shades:


The SPF for foundation is smaller than the cushion.
Maybe that's why the price is similar even though the foundation size is larger?
I purchased with some bonuses.

Here they are.
Including the brush (actually for matte foundation), sample size of skincares.


I have had bad experince with Laneige Water Sleeping Mask before.
It made me breakout and I purchased the real size.
A waste.
So I usually put it for only 5 minutes then wash it off.


Glow version is always in pink color.
But I think mint is more popular nowadays.
The brush is usually comes with matte version, that's why in mint.
But I don't why Indonesia's Laneige bundle it with the Glow version too.
Although it's good for me.


I know the foundation shape is not interesting at all.
I found Coffret D'or is one of unique brand with rare and pretty foundation shape.
Plus, Coffret D'or bottle is easy to grab by hand too.

The cap have magnet so it will close easily and tightly after I put it down on the bottle.
And with pump type bottle, it is very hygienic.


Let's talk about the brush first.
I wonder if this type of brush will be easy to use.
My foundation brush all this time is only Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush.
I would prefer putting foundation by finger and sometimes sponge.
Because brush will give line mark on a liquid foundation.
The Laneige Neo Foundation Brush is very soft with thick bristle.
It glides smoothly without hurting my skin.
Probably it is very good.
Though if I swipe a few times more, it will leave mark on my skin.
It can be swiped again to blend it well though.
The only thing I don't feel satisfied is because the handle is too long.

Swatches:

13N1 Ivory is the perfect color for me.
I think most of the time, my skin is neutral-tone.
It does not have scent, just a normal formulated smell for me.


On face, the foundation gives lighter finish than my actual skin first.
But it will settled well to match my skintone after a few minutes.
The glow type foundation is more to semi matte.
Gives a slight glow like a real skin, but coverage can be build more.
I think it can be medium to slightly full coverage.
Because it covered my redness from acne and did well.
Same with the cushion, this Neo Foundation Glow is actually not too smooth while applying.
But the brush is still good to be used, not that stiff.


Comparing the 13N1 Ivory with my neck and hand.
The hand is a little bit darker.
But the lower part of my neck is also lighter.
Overall, it can match well if I cover my neck too.

Staying power is good.
It does melt a bit when I put on mask (especially around nose area).
But it can be fixed just by blend well with finger again, of course wash it first.
Can use the cushion for touch up too.
But I'm not a people who like touching up foundation, only lip product.
If I use powder a bit without changing the glow, the foundation staying power will be greater.

The right picture with white clothes was when I had recovered from Chinese New Year's fried food.
Everyone at home got sore throat and fever after that (also the four us consumed antibiotics).
We were afraid if it's COVID-19, but the test result was negative for my sister.
It took more than a week to recovered and I lost 3kg more.
Comparing my cheeks with the picture beside it.

And what is my final thoughts of Laneige Neo Foundation Glow?
It is a good foundation with almost full coverage.
Gives glowing result that I need to create as natural as my own skin finish.
Recently, I am back with Korean face product because my skin becomes lighter
after doing WFH almost everyday.
But it is bad because I lack Vitamin D.
The Western brand doesn't sell lightest foundation here.
Maybe because of the natural Indonesia skintone.
It's hard to find light tone foundation in my country because it is not preferable.
I am satisfied with the finish result by Laneige.
because of the sheer finish with glow.
Maybe because of the good coverage, Laneige Neo Foundation feels heavier than Estee.
But staying power if I wear mask is preferably Laneige.
Both have positive and negative points for me.
Though maybe I still prefer Estee Lauder because I don't need heavy coverage and texture.




MY THOUGHTS OF LANEIGE NEO FOUNDATION GLOW #13N1 IVORY:
+ Semi matte with glowing finish that won't look too oily.
+ Gives almost full coverage, can cover redness well.
+ It won't melt too much just by being touched and wearing mask.
+ Doesn't show dry skin.
+ Blend well with brush or sponge.
+ Does not have strong scent.
+ Used it for more than 8 hours and still fine (dry skin). It will be more great to use primer / moisturizer first.
- SPF is too small.
- Can be a bit heavy because of coverage.

You May Also Like

0 Comments