Home

Reviews

About Me

Shu Uemura Unlimited Glow Fluid Foundation #574 Light Sand with SPF18 / PA+++ シュウ ウエム アンリミテッド グロー フルイド #574

by - 12/24/2020 01:34:00 AM

I was searching for Shu Uemura's foundation at Sephora counter.
But the right shade for me was sold out, so BA suggested Estée Lauder for dry skin.
She once told me that 574 is the right shade for me, at least near my skintone.
When there was a sale at online Sephora just three days after purchasing Estée Lauder,
I quickly bought this new Shu Uemura foundation for dry skin in shade 574.
 Sadly, there is no extra from purchasing such an expensive thing.
I think Sephora is not as kind to give it.
 
 This is a glowing type foundation that gives the long-awaited moisturizing
and natural luster finish.
An advanced skin care concept in a liquid type.
The liquid formula with an advanced skin care concept adheres to the skin
as if it sticks to the skin, creating a moisturized fit.
Produces a healthy glow that shines light from inside.
Matches all skin colors in 24 shades for Asian.
A natural luster that shines from the inside.
With a light and fresh texture,
Gives a feeling of moisture all day long
Foundation like skin care.
Since this is a glow type foundation, it will work best with sponge 55.
 

How to search Unlimited series foundation shade in Japanese language:
 
I thought my skin is supposed to use 584 or 594 or 375,
but let's see the Shu Uemura camera below.
 
 
This was made through Foundation Shade Finder:

Can you see which is the right shade as my neck?
I think 375 is the perfect shade.
While 574 is very yellow on me.
But I don't know in real life.
484 seems fine too, but still yellow.
 
I know the color is horrible.
That is my bare face with a notebook web camera.
But the camera is supposed to did good when I used Coffret D'or Coffmi.
Shu Uemura Japan's shade finder is horrible in term of resolution.
But what will happen when I closed my camera lid?

It will create a glitch like Scream!
Sorry for putting a horror picture in a cosmetic review.
This happened when I tried to close my notebook camera.
As the camera closed off, the face picture became like this gradually.
Yes, there's glasses.

Comparison Camera from Coffret D'or Coffmi at the same place & lighting:

Although the camera from Coffret D'or (Youcam) makes my skin always yellow.
I was detected as blue skintone sometimes, after washing my face.
This makes me think I'm on neutral (both cool and warm).


Okay, let's write the foundation review next.



Shu Uemura always uses white box.
Different than most dept store brand, ADDICTION, NARS, MAC use black color.
The name for shade 574 is light sand.
I can guess it will be yellow-ish from the "sand".
But 574 is supposed to be a neutral tone.

 
Bottle is thick and a bit heavy.
But smaller than Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup.
Though the size of the product inside will not be empty even after one year, I'm sure.
My foundation tends to stay in my stash for 5 years or more.
Because I don't wear makeup at home.
 
There's enough space to write many texts on the bottom
because the rectangle bottle is big.


Already got the pump so I don't need to buy a separate pump.
Japanese foundation is generous enough for pump,
example Kate (let's forget about Visee).
 I think the bottle is elegant like a perfume bottle.
I myself didn't use perfume.
Strong scent makes my head dizzy and runny nose.


Swatches on hand.
Of course it would look yellow.
I think it is too yellow for me.
But if no one notice closely, it is a normal discoloration.
Below is the finish result on my face.

 
Look at the left picture.
The part I didn't write is my bare face.
My face looks tired back then, so it seems the tone is similar.
Can cover a bit of panda eyes.
I think the coverage is heavier than Estée Lauder.
 Because of that, the liquid also feels thicker and stickier.
The Unlimited Glow Fluid Foundation doesn't have scent. 


I thought the result would be good on dry skin.
But without enough prepping, the foundation cracked around my nose, chin, smile lines.
It changed to drops of liquid.
Even after I tapped them a bit with my finger, which most similar foundations
would sit well after that, this foundation made the same pattern again.
I must recovered it a few times, especially if I'm sweating.
The foundation also transferred a lot to my mask.
Although it did not disappear on my face.
This concern is not supposed to be happened on a dry skin
since the foundation is for dry skin, right.

Here, the foundation is more yellow than my neck.
But if someone doesn't seriously looking at it, it seems fine.
Sadly, I couldn't find rosy tone before purchasing both at Sephora counter and online.
I should have bought at different online store, I saw 375 and 484 there.

the foundation sits very well on my skin without cracking.
I tried it for 5 hours and the foundation stays well without cracking
around nose, but a little bit on chin.
The transfer probability to the mask is also became smaller than before using Clinique.
 Use better primer to stick it well before using this foundation.
I had tried using other primer, and it was disappointing.
 
  
Coverage is light to medium.
But it covers well compared to Estée Lauder.
It can cover panda eyes and acne marks, but I don't know about cystic acne.
If using better primer, it will be a good foundation,
which improved my skin texture and color.
Though I would choose Estée Lauder because it is suitable for my dry skin
and doesn't need to use a matching primer for the foundation to sit well.
The texture of Shu Uemura is also heavy and thick.
Which some people might find it unsuitable for daily use.
It gives a good glow on face, same as Estée Lauder and doesn't emphasize pores.
Combination skin might find the Glow Fluid works well, than dry skin people.
Beware that it is very oily since the foundation transfer a lot.

Finish result is more semi-matte than dewy.
It's true the foundation creates glow, but not as wet as I thought.
In term of semi-matte finish, the result is similar with
Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup.
 



MY THOUGHTS OF SHU UEMURA UNLIMITED GLOW FLUID FOUNDATION #574:
+ Good coverage.
+ Gives glowing skin that won't be too much.
+ Does not emphasize pores.
+ Big size in the bottle.
+ Not as heavy as matte type foundation.
+ Does not have annoying scent.
+ The bottle already includes pump.
+ Have many shades to choose.
- Will crack if not using matching primer.
- Expensive (of course) and hard to find my skintone shade in Indonesia.

You May Also Like

0 Comments