Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Proof Gel Pencil #04 Red Brown

by - 6/12/2019 10:14:00 AM

I won't be seen as coming to Korea if I don't buy Etude House there.
The brand was once the most famous Korean cosmetic brand in my country.
But due to bad distributor, it doesn't exist anymore.
The one I bought is Drawing Eyebrow Proof Gel Pencil.
This is the latest version of Drawing Eyebrow, in a gel type pencil.

Actually, I bought two of this pencils.
The no.01 color, Dark Brown, is for my mom.
I chose 04 Red Brown because of my hair color.
The price was good, only 4.000 won.

This is a waterproof eyebrow pencil with soft texture.
Smooth application, natural eyebrows that last for a long time.

Color variations:

01. Dark Brown
02. Natural Brown
03. Light Brown
04. Red Brown
05. Grey Brown
06. Dark Grey

How to apply
1. Mark your desired brow shape.
2. Naturally fill in your brow from the front to the tail.
3. With the water droplet-shaped brush, softly spread
according to the direction of eyebrow.

#4 Red Brown : Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77499),
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491),
Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492),
Diisostearyl Malate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Methicone,
Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate,
Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Quartz



The different texture in the pencil, need an upgrade for brush.
This time, it is not a screw brush.
The brush is now very soft, can smudge hard gel type pencil easily.

Shape is the same as the old type.
But since it is gel, texture is not as hard as pencil old type.

Color swatch:

Red brown would suit my hair color.
I seriously need to color my hair again in ashy or dark brown.
It always comes back as red brown after coloring with Liese.



I find this type spreads out more easily on skin than the old version pencil.
But for color pigmentation, they are the same.
I just need a few swipes to achieve bold color.
If I compare Korean eyebrow pencil and Japanese,
the Korean type gives bolder result.
The Japanese type pencil is usually more thin in pigment
so it gives me enough stroke to achieve natural color.
But people with thin eyebrows dislike Japanese eyebrow pencil
because the color is hardly come out.
For me, since my brows is thick enough, I prefer Japanese type.


But that will use more product than Korean eyebrow pencil.
Especially my Canmake Eyebrow Pencil usually only lasts for 3 months.
The Etude House can last longer than Canmake,
moreover, I don't use it everyday.
I changed eyebrow product daily according to my mood and time.
But nowadays, I prefer pencil type without brow mascara.
Since it looks more natural and easy to apply.


So far, I can't find eyebrow pencil that will fade easily the entire day.
Since I have dry skin, most product won't disappear if not rubbed with water.
I must say this Proof Gel Pencil does the same.
It can stay for the entire day if I don't remove makeup.
I think I will continue purchasing this type because I like how the brush is soft to skin.
That might be funny, but I really approve that I like this type more than the old version.



MY THOUGHTS OF ETUDE HOUSE DRAWING EYEBROW PROOF GEL PENCIL:
+ Brush is now softer than old type.
+ The gel can spread easily on skin without much effort.
+ Pigmented, only need 2 strokes for my eyebrows.
+ Good staying power.
+ There are 6 colors to choose, which is usually a lot more than Japanese eyebrow product.
+ Cheap!
+ Pencil type can maintain the grip very well than brush or powder type.
- Since I have thick eyebrows, it is hard to draw thinly with very pigmented product.

You May Also Like

0 Comments