Home

Reviews

About Me

Laneige Two Tone Lip Bar #11 Juicy Pop

by - 7/04/2016 11:54:00 AM

Continues from Two Tone Lip Bar #03 Pink Salmon, I bought another shade from the same type. No.11 Juicy Pop is the latest variant from Two Tone Lip Bar that's famous in Descendants of the Sun K-drama. Actually, Song hye-kyo wore various shades in the drama, such as Pink Salmon, Pink Step, Dear Pink, and Juicy Pop. Despite I must use a lipbalm first before applying this lipstick, I think I'm quiet enjoying the light formula from it. That's why I don't hesitate to buy other color. After Juicy Pop, I think I will buy Pink Step some other time.


You know what? I got this in the same price as the other shade thanks to Lazada Indonesia. I found this while the stock lasted only 2! I think the site doesn't have it anymore and must wait for re-stock, maybe. Many stores added a very high price above Rp 300.000,- but I got it at Rp 225.000,- for sure! Oh, if you want to buy the cheapest through 2-3 weeks PO, I recommend "Etude House Korean Shop" on Facebook. The shop is only add Rp 260.000,- price but it's on hiatus for a while (said the seller).


Ingredient list. Right click-open link in new tab for zoom.

Juicy Pop is a mix between coral-red and yellow color. The coral red looks bright and not too much like chilli red, but similar to a pink. The yellow doesn't come out on lips, but it will show up on tissue/paper. Below is the picture of new variant color from Two Tone Lip Bar:


I think the new variants are more vibrant and bold than the previous.


So let's open Juicy Pop. I'm too lazy to take many picture of its box because I have made a review before ^ ^! The cap is the same as the old shade. Similar to Menard Stream One Touch Lipstick.

Same color (the bullet and the box top). They reminds me of tropical fruit juice.

As always, I used a lipbalm first because the formula is a bit drying. It created chapped lips but actually, it moisturized lips on the inside. I just prefer to use lipbalm because my lips is very dry. It doesn't have scent or taste. The staying power is longer than normal lipstick but not as long as a tint.

Swipe on tissue. The exact same pigmentation with its bullet.

The color looks like this when I put too much lipbalm.

But it's actually like this when the lipbalm runs out (and if I didn't put lipbalm, the gloss will be minimum). Still, the yellow color doesn't show up.

So, which shade do I prefer? Pink Salmon or Juicy Pop? I have difficulty to choose between them. Either shade is a bit bold for my preference of natural makeup. But I love both gradation and the effect on lips. It creates plump and cute lips. Well, if I must choose then I'll pick Pink Salmon because it looks more cute than Juicy Pop. But it's also depends on my mood. I might choose Juicy Pop instead if I like more bold color.

Still Hye-kyo's makeup wanna-be.

Actually put eyeshadow here from Etude House Berry Delicious #7 in Soda Water & Crushed Strawberry. It is to be similar with Two Tone Shadow Bar Humming Coral that's being used in DOTS (I'll buy the shadow bar later. Though I'm sure the staying power isn't good). But it can't be shown on picture. Forgive my chubby cheeks with dimples.

I hope I can try Pink Step because all of my Two Tone Lip Bar shades are either coral or orange. I would love a red or pink lipstick. But I don't have any complaint except for the dry effect on lips.



MY THOUGHTS:
+ Feminine & energetic vibrant coral-red color.
+ Not too much for daily makeup.
+ Doesn't have taste & scent.
+ Easy to create ombre lips.
+ Stays long on lips.
+ Moisturized lips on the inside.
- Expensive and this shade is hard to found.
- Looks chapped without lipbalm first.

Bonus pict:

You May Also Like

0 Comments