Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude Soon Jung Hydro Barrier Cream

by - 8/23/2021 12:25:00 AM

 I got this in a huge sample size.
Normal cream will be 75ml, and this sample is 50ml!
What a large bonus...
I didn't know about this range because I don't follow Etude anymore.
But let's try!
 
 SoonJung Hydro Barrier Cream 75ml (21AD)
 
SoonJung 2021 NEW - Hydro Barrier Cream gently soothes stressed skin
caused by external irritation and dryness.









I actually was not happy to receive a moisturizing cream.
The cream I wear often is Etude's Moistfull Collagen Cream.
But to try other cream might cause breakout.
My skin is very sensitive against skincare.
While there are more makeup products I can use and rarely caused breakout,
it is not the same with skincare.
I can count with finger for the right skincare that won't cause me breakout.
But since I got it without paying, I will try.


Comes in white tube for the sample size.
It looks clean but I thought the cream would be heavy and turns out for real.


The cream is heavy and oily.
I don't think it is suitable to wear under makeup.
But I tried using it at daytime and went outside with this cream and a powder.
I think as a moisturizing cream for night time, it is too heavy.
And as base before makeup, it is too oily.
But it will fix makeup well and makes it stick finely on skin and sweat.
As a result of wearing it under skincare on a hot day, I got one pimple.
Though I want to keep trying.

Thick texture that won't fit my preferrence in skincare.

Will turn like this after spreading out:


By the picture, it was seen to be moisturizing.
But in reality, it feels oily, not hydrating.
I don't like this kind of cream to be truth.
Better to use it as a primer, since it sticks my Shu Uemura foundation well.
I have tried using Soon Jung Cream together with the foundation
in sweaty condition, it keeps sitting well except around nose as usual.
Thankfully, the second time I wore it under sweat didn't grow me any pimple.
Maybe the first was just a bad time.

Using Soon Jung Hydro Barrier Cream with Shu Uemura Unlimited Glow Liquid Foundation.
My eyes are red because I used Canmake Eye Nuance #32 Chocolat Apple.
Has been a long time not wearing this kind of red and I missed it.

I wonder what will I do with this.
Thankfully, I didn't buy it.
To be used as a primer is too heavy, to sleep with it at night is also heavy.
It doesn't have SPF too.
A normal moisturizing cream with oily texture.
Even on my dry skin, I don't like wearing it.
I found out some reviews in my country hating this cream too.
And the price is expensive, better buy Moistfull Collagen series.
 



MY THOUGHTS OF ETUDE SOON JUNG HYDRO BARRIER CREAM:
+ Gives moisture on skin (but with oily and heavy texture).
+ Sticks my naughty foundation well on my dry skin.
+ Easy to spread, only a tiny squeeze.
+ Doesn't emphasize dry skin if using under foundation.
+ Skin brightening.
- Expensive.
- Feels too oily and heavy on hot and humid weather.
- Doesn't have SPF to use at daytime.
- Cream is too thick.
- Will create pimples under hot day.
- Needs to be used with other product for skincare, because the cream alone won't change anything. The brightening effect will also disappear after I wash it off.

You May Also Like

0 Comments