Home

Reviews

About Me

MAC Holiday 2019 Opalescent Powder #Shooting Star & Studio Fix Soft Matte Foundation Stick #NW45

by - 5/12/2021 01:23:00 AM

 These two things are actually a bonus for purchasing MAC's product.
That's why the highlighter is from 2019 while the foundation stick
is too dark for my skintone.
But I thought I could use the foundation stick as shading cream.
Well, take a look at the real product in my review below.
 

Without too much talking, I will start with Opalescent Powder.



01. MAC Holiday 2019 Opalescent Powder #Shooting Star

This opalescent face powder gets you ready for the spotlight in a shimmering pink
and warm gold shade.
The star-embossed pressed powder adds the perfect high-impact pearlized glow to skin.
Specially designed in shiny black packaging with a gradient
of multicoloured glitter and the M∙A∙C logo in rose gold.

I'm glad that I got the Shooting Star.
The other shade is golden color, and my sister already purchased Double Gleam.
If the bonus is the other one, I will be very sad
because it have the same tone with Double Gleam.
I will make review for Double Gleam later.
The other shade is named Rising Star for the golden shimmer.

Key Claims and Benefits
  • Excellent colour payoff
  • Rich and creamy texture
  • Blends effortlessly
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Non-acnegenic
  • For all skin types

The Opalescent have black case in colorful starry stars pattern.
They look bright and cheerful, rather than mysterious.
I think MAC's packagings looks pretty on the picture.
But as I touched them, they look cheap, made of thin plastic.
Compared to other brand, they don't seem luxurious and majestic.
But it looks like a toy for its lightweight.

Plastic box is also cheerful with orange and black stars.


Opening the cap is pretty easy.
I thought it would be taking a bit time.
But it's super easy, just clicking on its button.

The powder type seems dry and won't stick well to skin.
I was afraid if it will be chalky.
Has mirror, but sadly without brush.


But look at this lavender color shimmer.
It does have a bit of tiny glitters, unnoticeable.
The shimmer is the main focus for this highlighter.
I know lavender, lilac, and purple is the color theme of 2020 and 2021.
This was launched at the end of 2019 so well suited for the theme.

Comparison of MAC Opalescent Powder #Shooting Star
and MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish #Double Gleam.
I will review Double Gleam too.


Finish result is not as chalky as I thought.
Since it is more shimmery than big glittery, it doesn't show large pores.
Feels like normal powder but without fallout.
And because the texture is rather dry, it won't stick to mask.
If you want more glow, use another highlighter.
Because Opalescent Powder resulted in natural shine without twinkling too much.

Used Foundation Stick on the left picture for face & nose shading.
 
Since the color is lavender, I could use it as blusher too.
I'm glad since I don't need to apply too much product.
I like to use it as blusher so it will give shine and complexion to my pale foundation.
And because the shade is purple-ish, I tend to compare it with Coffret D'or.
I think the two of them have similar tone (with shade #06 Lavender Pink)!
They are more purple-ish than pink.
But MAC is dry, so I think some people might not find it really good.
While Coffret D'or Smile Up Cheeks S tends to have jelly-like finish
and glides easily from the brush.


 But I feel this Opalescent Powder in Shooting Star is a good highlighting powder.
Although I don't know about the price since I got it as a bonus.
But after some research, I think MAC's price is higher than Coffret D'or.
Definitely a win for my favorite Coffret D'or Smile Up Cheeks S.
Please try it and it comes with brush too!
But it is hard to buy Japanese product, I know.




02. MAC Studio Fix Soft Matte Foundation Stick #NW45
 

A true Artist’s tool, this on-the-go multitasking foundation stick
provides buildable medium coverage with a natural matte finish that lasts for 24 hours.
This ultra-blendable formula is designed to perfect skin tone,
contour curves and highlight features.
Available in 33 shades for ultimate self-expression.
 
  • Long-wearing, 24 hours
  • Instantly hydrating
  • Stay-true colour, 24 hours
  • Non-poring, 24 hours
  • Non-caking, 24 hours
  • Non-streaking, 24 hours
  • Non-settling
  • Non-creasing
  • For all skin types
 
 
 Color variations:


Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate
Crosspolymer, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone,
Aluminum Hydroxide, Arachidyl Propionate, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer,
Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate,
Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Propionic Acid,
Tocopherol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491),
Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163),
Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289),
Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510),
Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850),
Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410),
Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Ultramarines (Ci 77007),
Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)] <ILN46365>
 

 How to use:
  • Apply directly to face and blend evenly with fingers, sponge or brush.
  • To prevent breakage, twist up slightly to reveal the amount of product needed per use.
 
 
It's just a foundation stick.
What would you expect?
I rarely use foundation stick because they tend to dry.
I remember I have tried Daiso and by time, it wasn't keep up for a long time.
For a few hours, it seems good.
But when I have dry skin time, it won't last for long.
 

 The bottom stick also puts shade number.
It will be easy to search if you have more than one product.
 
This is too dark and too warm for me.
 Long size that won't end forever.
 
A bit scary to put it on my face and mess up my makeup.
But I must try it!
I want to try the texture.
 Have no scent.
 

 Once it was blend on my skin, the color will be sheer.
But it is not suitable for my skintone.
The brown color is too warm, even though I put it by tapping and blending with fingers,
not by gliding the stick on my face.
Maybe it is suitable as a cream eyeshadow though?
I don't know. I haven't try it again.
Because I dislike cream eyeshadow that will settle to my eyelid line.
I should use powder on top of every cream shadow.
 
This picture is a failure of trying this stick foundation for contouring
since I only blend it with my fingers instead of sponge.
 
I tried to blend it but it is dry as expected.
Maybe I should have used sponge?
I don't think this stick foundation will blend well with brush.
I have tried using sponge and it blended well, creating a natural finish shading.
I used the shading way of Kawakita Yusuke on Kawaguchi Haruna,
and it works well with this foundation.
 
UPDATE MAY 19th, 2021:
 
My picture using Studio Fix Soft Matte Foundation Stick #NW45
with Kawakita Yusuke's way.
 
Smooth blending version.
Only used it on the outer part of my face, without nose shading.
Yes, my hair is shorter now.
 


So, I recommend using this shade for contouring!
But I don't use shading often and I have limited time to do makeup.
Thankfully this is only a bonus.

 


MY THOUGHTS OF MAC OPALESCENT POWDER #SHOOTING STAR:
+ Tiny shimmers and glitters that won't show dry skin.
+ A nude purple shade that can be used as blusher too.
+ Staying power is long and doesn't stick to mask.
+ Finish result looks like soft powder and doesn't show pores.
+ Gives sheer glow to skin that won't be too much for everyday makeup.
+ Glides easily on skin even though I used cheap brush from Canmake. But Coffret D'or is easier to glide on skin.
+ Can be used for eyeshadow too since it have color?
- Doesn't have brush despite the large case.
- Maybe too light for darker skintone but can still be used as sheer highlighter.


MY THOUGHTS OF MAC STUDIO FIX SOFT MATTE FOUNDATION STICK #NW45:
+ A long size stick foundation.
+ Doesn't feel sticky.
+ It revealed in the website that can be used as foundation, highlighter, or shading color.
+ When using sponge to blend, it will be more natural.
- Wrong shade that won't match my skintone.
- Matte finish feels dry on my super dry skin.
- Have to use wet sponge for better finish and takes too much time.
- I know the price is expensive too, similar to Opalescent Powder.
-  Not travel friendly because it is hard to use it alone.

You May Also Like

0 Comments