Home

Reviews

About Me

MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish #Double Gleam

by - 5/19/2021 12:02:00 AM

 I finally tried MAC's highlighter.
It has been years for me, since I wrote about Mineralize in my blog.
But this year, is the first time I bought MAC's highlighter for real.
The shade is Double Gleam.
I personally don't care about using highlighter.
Since I could use blush and semi matte finish foundation to create glow.
But trying it sometimes is not bad.

This is a liquid-powder highlighter that gives a luminous, well-defined finish.
Extra Dimension Skinfinish adds the perfect glow to skin.
The liquid-powder highlighter, with prismatic reflections,
is designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish.
The creamy powder formula lasts up to ten hours.

  • Long-wearing, 10 hours
  • Non-acnegenic
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • For all skin types
Colors:

From left to right:

Beaming Blush : Pink that breaks gold
Double Gleam : Beige that breaks silver
Soft Frost : White that breaks violet
Oh, Darling! : Metallic Gold
Glow With It : Soft peachy nude with multi-dimensional shimmer
Superb : Patina bronze
Show Gold : peach that breaks pink
Whisper of Gilt : Light soft white with shimmery sheen


Ingredients: Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester,
Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin,
Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate,
Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide,
Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491),
Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163),
Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742),
Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)] <ILN43931>


Comes in a black box, it shows the powder color in the middle.


Let's take a look for the product.
 

 As always, MAC's base makeup won't come with brush / sponge.
That's too bad since the price is expensive.
And its case is lightweight, looks like a toy to me.
Doesn't emphasize a luxury brand.
This kind of case will get messy after brushing the powder.


Have MAC repetitive logo and lines.
I personally think the design is bad and too lazy.
But it also comes in lunar new year edition, which is more cute.

Moon Masterpiece Edition.

Closer look.
It is a powder type, but once I touch it, the texture is smooth.
Maybe it is what the claim tells, a liquid-powder highlighter.


Color swatches:


The tone is beige with golden glow.
Rather than glittery, it is more to shimmer.
A soft texture that won't create fallout once settled on skin.
Doesn't have scent.
 

 The result is very pretty.
A nice sheen from my inner skin?
Anyway, it is smooth and sticks well, does not emphasize pores and dry skin.
Smooth finish highlighter is what I like the most.
I also used it on my eyelid and under-eyes!
Can you see how this Extra Dimension Skinfinish does the multi-glow on my face?
I'm glad I picked this highlighter.


I like how it gives nice glow on my nose so much!
On cheeks, it only gives slightly glow.
But my nose is shining and becomes longer!
This is a good highlighter.
And a big size for it.

I thought I only use this highlighter on cheekbones.
But I think I placed it too much until the apple of my cheeks.
Though I like the result because it looks cuter like this?
All of my skin reflects light...
I remember Ishihara Satomi usual glowing makeup.
 
You can also put it with finger (for eyes area and around lips).
Because the highlighter texture is not dry, it can stick well on skin.
For cheeks and nose, I used brush.
It swiped well and doesn't create fallout.
Definitely a must buy highlighter, even though it is expensive.
But I think this highlighter is worth the price.
For a long time, I like cream highlighter more than powder because they tend to dry
and I can control the cream to be sheer.
But Extra Dimension Skinfinish can replace my cream highlighter.
Its texture is smooth on skin and stays long.


Doesn't look beige on my skintone.
Just a sheer light.




MY THOUGHTS OF MAC EXTRA DIMENSION SKINFINISH #DOUBLE GLEAM:
+ Smooth and soft texture.
+ Does not create fallout too much.
+ Glides easily on skin without being dry and very light.
+ Does not show large pores and dry skin.
+ Big size.
+ Gives luminous finish that looks like glowing from my own skin.
+ A beige tone that will fit any skintone.
+ Stays long for the whole day on my dry skin.
+ Can be used on eyes as well since the texture is shimmery and not large glittery.
- Cheap case without brush or mirror.
- Super expensive price.

You May Also Like

0 Comments