Home

Reviews

About Me

MAC Glow Play Blush #Cheer Up

by - 5/28/2021 11:38:00 AM

I was too lazy shopping offline because the store is not close to my home.
Now, I can shop MAC online and there are many bonus includes!
I'm glad they have decided to put the official store online,
although it's too bad that foundation shade is not complete.
But for cosmetic that's not base makeup, it's better to shop online now.
Glow Play Blush is more youthful than MAC usual line, a cream blush.
Especially since Lisa from Black Pink became the global model.
MAC is now produced more youthful image for their target market.
 
An innovative bouncy blush with a cushiony texture that provides a pinch of
foolproof, sheer-to-medium buildable color.
Touch and glow.
Play your way with all-new bouncy blush.
This innovative ultra-smooth, cushiony blush creates a flawlessly radiant look
when applied with fingers or a brush.
Eleven blendable shades delivered in one creamy,
buildable formula provide a pinch of foolproof, sheer-to-medium buildable colour.
 
 
Colors :
I chose Cheer Up.
At first, I wanted Lisa's shade That's Peachy (fourth from Cheer Up).
But decided to use more pink tone.
 

 The Glow Play Blush packaging is made of thin plastic.
I think MAC's packaging is too cheap and not interesting at all.
The brand is a high end, but up to now, there is no innovation of the design.
And after purchasing some other products than this blush,
I understand the packaging is very cheap like drugstore.
Even Maybelline sometimes have better design.


Looking at the plastic box, I remember Japanese cosmetic.
They usually came with this kind of box.


I don't know what to say about Cheer Up color.
It is pink with glitter.
But not a soft and normal pink.
This is bold and a warm pink.


Closer look for the color on pan:

Texture of the cream is bouncy and I like to tap it a lot.
Not bouncy as in a texture in the whole pan.
But the cream itself is bouncy if you tap it.

Swatches:

The look of it's finish result is hologram-like.
But I personally think it makes the color looks cheap like a kid's toy.
Though I like applying this cream on skin,
the finish result is not as good as the price.

I like to use tap it more, so I used it on my eyelids too.
This will create a monotone pink color on my face.


I'm glad the color result is better on cheeks than my hand though.
It gives soft focus finish with shine.
But the shine is a bit weird I think.
Especially if I use it boldly.
Similar to the hologram-like finish, it reflects light with different colors.
This will create a robotic cheap looking face.
Sorry for my weird description.
But I don't like using it boldly, the color will look weird and old.
The pink is too warm for my skintone.


Staying power is good.
Normal blusher will stay 24 hours on my dry skin.
MAC Glow Play Blush won't sit still using mask.
But at least, it won't fade easily.
I like using it on eyelid too.
And since the texture is creamy, it won't show large pores.

This time, I put it sheer.
So lovely with sheer blush, rather than bold.
 
For repurchase, I don't think I will buy this range again.
Cheer Up is already depicting the normal quality of MAC Glow Play Blush,
I will expand my blusher from the brand I like, such as Coffret D'or or Cosme Decorte.
Although the texture is cute and soft, long staying power, and glowing result,
there is this kind of not satisfied feelings from MAC.
The brand is supposed to create better with expensive price.
I have bought a few more products together with this blusher.
And I have better opinion about them, compared to this Glow Play Blush.




MY THOUGHTS OF MAC GLOW PLAY BLUSH #CHEER UP:
+ Easy to apply with finger.
+ Soft and bouncy texture makes it hard to stop tapping.
+ Gives glowing result on skin, although if applied too much, it will reflect too many lights.
+ Long staying power even though it can transfer.
+ The packaging is light.
+ Will not emphasize pores.
+ Can be used on eyes, lips, cheeks. But I don't usually use cream cheek on lips.
- Cheap packaging and design.
- If applied too bold, it will look weird and old because the pink color is warm and can be buildable to hot pink.
- Does not have mirror.

You May Also Like

0 Comments