Home

Reviews

About Me

SUQQU Designing Color Eyes #04 AYANADESHIKO スック デザイニング カラー アイズ #04 絢撫子

by - 5/20/2020 10:24:00 AM

SUQQU is a prestigious brand from Japan.
The most famous product is its eyeshadow.
I had been eye-ing for Designing Color Eyes since five years ago.
But this time, I bought it for real.
All SUQQU's products have beautiful name like a poem,
and I think Ayanadeshiko will suit my skintone.
Aya means "shine" and Nadeshiko means "pink" or "Nadeshiko / Dianthus flower".
The brand concept can be read on SUQQU Global Website.


DESIGNING COLOR EYES

A compact four-in-one eyeshadow palette contains innovative
silicone-coated powders and amino acid-coated pigments developed
to promote healthy skin and a long-lasting finish.
Featuring four shades that can be used individually or blended together
to create a number of looks, it spreads smoothly, giving depth and
beautiful gradation onto the lids to bring out your eyes


Colors:


At first, I thought I would buy #14 Irourushi.
This is because I rarely bought green eyeshadow palette
and I would like this color from a high end brand.
But my mind changed after looking at a page of magazine,
where Ayanadeshiko being the favorite color among Japanese.
Ayanadeshiko itself is a palette contains mauve pink theme.
It depicts nadeshiko / dianthus flower's color.
Being a cool toned palette, it might be best to suit me rather than green.
Also, the picture below will help to find the better shade.
I will try to search for summer type of color.

撫子 - Wiktionary
Dianthus flower from wiki.


And, let's see the packaging.
Box is made of velvet and really seems luxurious.



Bought no.04 Ayanadeshiko.

Usually it is only a box.
But SUQQU put a plastic wrap inside to protect its product.

After its box, the case is made of reflecting black, piano-like.
I often see them in a high end brand packaging from Japan, let's see ADDICTION.
The case reflects light and compact.
There is a gold feature on the outer side of its case and the back of it.


It took me a hard time to capture the gold metallic case on the back.
Because it reflects everything like a mirror,
it looks ugly to post it here.
But finally I made it with quiet some effort.

So then, let's take a look at its palette.


Have two dual-edge brushes.
I usually picked the highlight and brown color on the upper pan
with the brush rather than the chip.
The powder glides out smoothly with brush too!
The large brush can also be used to smudge darker color.


The palette has four pans.
They are shimmery without large glitters.
The highlight color is in shimmery beige with pink tone.
Even though it seems the lightest, it does not show well like Coffret d'or.
And the second color on the upper right is shimmery brown.
The lower left has cool-toned soft pink.
The last one on the left is the darkest, mauve color.
It looks like pink-ish on the pan, but on skin it is brown-ish.

I usually create eyeline with this mauve.
And fortunately, it does not become too bold.
It seems dark on the pan, but on skin, this mauve is pretty without being too red.


Texture of the powder is buttery but smooth.
Not creamy or powdery, but it glides easily even with the brush.
It does not become too shiny or too matte on lid.
Finish result is a glowing eyelid that won't look party-like.
Which is very natural and modest, suitable for my daily look.
Feels light on my eyelid and does not become chalky or melt.
I think I understand why SUQQU eyeshadow is famous.
Staying power is superb and there is little fallout.


For the color itself, I think four similar pink colors are too much.
I usually would only take 2-3 colors for everyday makeup.
But when I am in the mood to wear all four, it is not a problem.
Since the color is natural and the pink suits my skintone.
They are very smooth, even though not pigmented, except the mauve.


Nowadays, to keep minimum eyelook, I only put two colors.
I thought the darkest color is too bold for daily.
But it is useful to create pink eyeshadow for lower eyelid.
Japanese like to use red-ish color for lower eyes.
But my favorite color here is the soft pink no.3.
I think with this eyeshadow, I can either create mature nor cute makeup.


For people who like Japanese eyeshadow texture,
this is a really high quality eyeshadow.
  But!
With this high price, people will think twice or more.
I personally bought it after 5-6 years knowing this palette.
With this Ayanadeshiko color on my lid,
am I looking like a real yamato nadeshiko? 😉



MY THOUGHTS OF SUQQU DESIGNING COLOR EYES #04 AYANADESHIKO:
+ Buttery smooth powder with little fallout.
+ Does not melt or change for the entire day.
+ Have two dual edge brushes that are useful to create pretty gradation.
+ Packaging is very compact and not too big. Also include pretty mirror inside.
+ The color turns very natural on my eyelid without much effort.
+ Soft pink color is very pretty on eyelid and compliments my skintone well.
+ With using mauve color, the look will be more mature. But if only use this without is, it is cute.
+ The gold and black of its case might seem old-ish but also pretty.
+ Eyeshadow powders are easy to swipe without effort.
+ All SUQQU's products have beautiful name like poem and depicts Japanese image & nature.
- Very expensive and hard to buy outside Japan.
- Highlight color is not showing well on lower eyelid to create plump eyes.
- The colors are sheer for people who would prefer bold makeup.

You May Also Like

0 Comments