Home

Reviews

About Me

2019 Dramas

by - 1/22/2019 10:21:00 PM

As 2018 had ended, I would introduce to some dramas I had watched.
Neither it is new or finish in 2019, I will put them here.




A hopeless Arasa- (women in 30s) meets delinquent 17 years old boy!
If you've been wondering of the new drama from Fukada Kyoko, this is it.
Based on a manga, it is made into TV series.
Harumi Junko failed at getting to Tokyo University.
She is a lecturer at cram school now, but no student wants her as a tutor.
Occassionally, she meets some delinquents.
One of them is a boy with pink hair, Yuri Kyouhei.
With similar backgrounds of being hated by their parents,
the two of them became close.

Fukada Kyoko looks like a goddess here.


Fukada Kyoko's acting hasn't change much since 1 Litre of Tears.
She has puppy eyes and whenever she stares, she looks cute.
Even when she's already an arasa-, she looks younger than actual age.
She often wants to make it funny with her face,
 but always failed to make me laugh.



And our male lead, Yokohama Ryusei!
Ever since I've watched him in Kareshi wo Loan de Kaimashita,
I've been a fan of his cute but delinquent face...
Well, I'm not a fan of younger boy, but he is cute eventually.
I don't know why he's getting popular
of being paired with cute older women.

Iconic scene for me since Kyouhei has pink hair.

I'm still watching right now.
This dorama is only translated until ep 1 since it's very new.
I will read the manga too, still at chapter 1.
There's a few differences such as Junko's cousin has not appear at the beginning.
Meanwhile, the dorama made him appear at episode 1
to let us guess who will win Junko's heart.
But in every manga's volume (and chapter) already shows us
Junko with Kyouhei's picture.
Keep on watching to see what future lies for Junko.
They might have change the ending (or not).




02. Nusumareta Kao ~Miatari Sousahan


Nusumareta Kao only has 5 episodes, like a special dorama.
This is a story about detective, whose job is to find criminal through
remembering their faces.
Ando Kanae is a new police in Investigation team,
found and hired by Shirato Takamasa.
Shirato Takamasa himself says that his face is his father's.
I don't know what have happened to his original face yet.
But I'll keep watching because there is Machida Keita too.


Shirato Takamasa is searching for his senior
because he knows the person is the killer.
Will the team be able to find the real killer or not?
It will end in only 5 episodes.


I don't thing this dorama has unique aspect.
I only watch because of Tamaki Hiroshi and Machida Keita.
As for the male lead, I don't like his attitude.
He is dating a girl from a dating site just to have someone at his side,
after his girlfriend left him.
Just don't follow his reason to have a girlfriend.


03. Maison de Police


Another dorama of Takahata Mitsuki.
I like her after watching Kahogo no Kahoko.
She's perfect to describe a stupid female character.
In this dorama, she believes in a killer suspect.
Which makes her stupid for believing the wrong person.
I'm sorry I wrote stupid numerous times...


Upon being the only active police,
Makino Hiyori must live with five ex-detectives.
They are all old men.
But Natsume Soichiro seems to have something more
for leaving the police at younger age (compared to the others).

So far, I don't have love or hate with this dorama.
The old ex-detectives are funny.
But Takahata Mitsuki's character itself is very stupid.
I hope she will upgrade her skills as a detective.


04. Hana ni Kedamono


This is supposed to be 2017 dorama.
But I only found about Sugino Yosuke after he was picked
in the cast of the new LDK.
Truthfully, I don't like high school genre anymore.
This is a 30mins dorama, which is quick.
So that's why I dare to watch.
Considering it is only a high school life drama genre.


The casts are new to me.
They are very young and not living in my generation.
The story flows so lame and cliche.
But I think their acting is quite good,
except for Matsuo Takashi, which is cool and nothing.
I don't think he is good at acting yet.
Manwhile, Shouma Kai is quite good at supporting role and a friend.


I must say Sugino Yosuke is also good at acting and is handsome.
But he needs something more, to be alive.
And our heroine, Nakamura Yurika is very unattractive.
Just because she is cute, I can stand watching this dorama.
I feel like watching an old dorama when I was in high school
thanks to the slow pace and normal acting.


05. Priest


I love horror genre in The Guest.
Priest seems slow at first.
But in episode 12, I was very shock!
This is the best plot twist in K-drama.
Although I've watched something like this in either anime or dorama.


After The Guest and Priest, if OCN ever made horror
and thriller drama like this, I will watch anything.
I mean horror filled with ghosts and exorcisms,
not sadistic or psychotic killer.
I really love the mystery and how the unpredictable plot twist
keeps coming in the scenario.
Even if I didn't know the actors well at first,
I felt every one of them was the best to portray the character.
And even though this drama gave us the wrong impression about a priest
at the beginning, the ending story at ep 16 had me relieve.


 Although Yeon Woo Jin and Jung Yoo Mi are the main cast,
my favorite actor here is Yu Bee, the brat.
His character is the only bright person in this dark drama.


06. Memories of the Alhambra


I was very excited at first because this drama contain
AR game, the scenario writer of W K-drama, and the famous actors.
But the story ran very slow and a bit boring.
I didn't have the thrill of when I watch W.


I could stand watching Alhambra 'til the end
because I was interested in how Jin Woo will solve the problem.
I must say the AR seems good and interesting to play if it's real.
But the story went boring.
Hee Joo, the heroine, didn't play much role.
The story will be good enough without her
or replacing her dialogue about the hand of Fatima with another person.
The romance is too fast-paced.
I didn't feel anything from Jin Woo before their kissing at night.


What amaze me from the writer, Song Jae Jung is,
she doesn't afraid to kill a character.
Most K-drama only kills a non-important role.
But in W, Oh Yeon Joo's father is died and in Alhambra,
Jin Woo's beloved secretary died.
The ending is quite normal for me,
who had watched numerous anime & dorama, reading manga.
Japanese had made something like this years ago.
That's why I was not disappointed.
We can imagine anything happen to the two protagonists.
Still, in term of back-and-forward storyline, W is the best!
I'm ready to watch W again with my sister who haven't watch it yet.




I am waiting for Lee Jong Suk's new drama this 2019.
Although I don't have much expectation since comedy is not my genre.
And I'm waiting for mature otona josei dorama like
Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni (or HajiKoi), Tokyo Tarareba Musume,
or Totsuzen Desu ga.
I like to watch dorama with fashion for working women.

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Ah I noticed Maison de police is one of the top 3 highest rating drama this season, I missed the first episode :"D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it through TV cable of wakuwaku japan. I hope someone will pick the subbing work for it too. It is a light detective dorama which I had guessed the real culprit. But I'm excited to know Natsume's reason of leaving the police.

      Delete