Home

Reviews

About Me

September 2018 Watching

by - 9/20/2018 10:43:00 PM

I think I haven't been writing about film lately.
This review is about what I'm watching before and until September 2018.
I'm only describing some stories because you can find preview easily online.
But sometimes, this will contain spoiler as usual.
My favorite drama recently is the K-drama Sohn : The Guest.


01. Sohn : The Guest

It is the main picture of this post, I put it above.
The Guest is as you can see, a mystery drama.
My favorite genre is detective, especially like this, mixed with supernatural.
It's not a new genre.
Border from Japan actually has this kind of genre,
also in many mangas such as Ghost Hunt and Shinrei Tantei Yakumo.
But this drama mix it with exorcism,
which makes it more interesting to know more of Catholic
(that's my religion though).


If you read the Asianwiki link I gave about, I don't need to write much.
Hwa Pyung is a taxi driver, Choi Yoon is a Catholic priest,
and Kil Young is a detective.
They have connected past and now, the three of them
must find the real cause behind Sohn.
They solved mysterious cases throughout Hwa Pyung's dreams.
And he is attracting Park Il Do into his life.
When there is Park Il Do, the murder place will be filled with seawater.


The first episode gave me goosebumps.
It was told in the cinematography like a horror movie used.
Since this drama came short after The Nun,
they have similarity in term of exorcism.
Well, I must say The Nun is not a new plot too and not scary.
I can say the plot is similar to anime Vatican Kiseki Chousakan.
The third episode was not scary at all.
It reveals Park Il Do's spirit in Hwa Pyung's dream.


 I like how Choi Yoon did the exorcism.
He looks cool with the outfit and dialogue.
But the demon in his brother is still searching to kill him.
Let's hope he can be saved by working together
with Hwa Pyung and Kil Young.
Only by watching 2 episodes and already became my favorite.
I'll be watching the 4th episode this week.

Actually, this Park Il Do is like Hulk to me...?

UPDATE : Every episode, there must be at least one challengin scene of horror!
And every week, there will be a shock at the end of episode for next week.


02. Kareshi wo Ron (Loan) de Kaimashita


Kareshi wo Ron de Kaimashita doesn't have subtitle yet.
It is a 30 minutes dorama, telling the despair of working woman
who wants to get married and becomes a hoursewife.
Through using loan, Tae bought Jun as her boyfriend (or maid).

Jun met another boyfriend of Reika.

The kind of story is not as hard to watch at all, despite language barrier.
There are many words I couldn't understand (my Japanese level is too low).
Part of it is because Reika always teaches Tae how to handle a man.
Reika was in the same position as Tae, the center of receptionist,
before she married and get divorced.

 
Tae herself has gotten a boyfriend, Shunpei.
But she found he's cheating numerous times.
Stupidly, she accepts anything her boyfriend uses as excuse.
After Reika told her to buy a boyfriend, she unexpectedly push the buy button.
Her boyfriend is Jun, the guy she met unconsciously at meat restaurant.
And Jun must obey everything Tae orders,
because there is a mechanical machine hanging on his ankle.


Look how cute our heroine is:


But she is an old woman inside:

Do you want this kind of boyfriend?

Sadly, Tae couldn't hold her feelings for Jun when Shunpei finally proposed.
She unexpectedly saw Jun's face when Shunpei tried to kiss her.
And Jun didn't know of her feelings, congratulated her for the ring.
Then get smacked... (and maybe drowned after that)


Only 6 episodes available for now until the last of ep 8.
I can't wait to know the future of Tae.
Will she become a housewife or working woman?
Who will she get married to?
And how can she pay the loan of 10 years?



Yokohama Ryusei is very cute here.
Although I didn't know him before.

But pairing him together with Mano Erina makes them a cute pair.
I love they casted the two of them.
They are a cute couple!




03. Survival Wedding


Survival Wedding is not actually my type of drama.
It is a bit boring at first, especially since Usami, the boss,
always lectures Sayaka about love.
But I watch because there is Yoshizawa Ryo in it.
I think he is most sufficient as a hero rather than Yamazaki Kento.
He can act in either mystery (Giver), drama (Survival Wedding),
or as a bit funny man (Koisuru Hongkong, Bussen, and maybe Gintama?).


Sayaka broke up with her boyfriend, Kazuya, after finding him cheating.
She must get a wedding in 6 months to continue to work at Riz magazine,
under Usami as editor in chief.
Meanwhile, Sayaka already found her love interest, the prince Kashiwagi Yuichi.


Too bad since Kashiwagi is clueless.
But he thinks Sayaka is different than most women who tries to approach him.
Little by little, he wants to see Sayaka more and asking to go out.
Every episode teaches you how famous brand like Hermes,
or Christian Dior stands for a long time to be a luxury brand.
I think it is good in that aspect.

Sometimes, I see Haru's face looks similar to Yoon Eun Hye.
She always cut her hair short in most drama though.


Truthfully, the drama is a bit boring.
And how Sayaka wanted to forgive Kazuya at first was bothering me.
Kazuya was cheating after 6 years being together,
but she thought to accept his apologize earlier.
Thanks to Usami, Sayaka can gradually get over with Kazuya.


Who can forget his cute smile?

Sometimes, he can get this kind of cool style.

I'm currently watching his Lotte Polyphenols Chocolate.
There are many ads, made like an otome game dorama.
You can try watching it here.

Okay, let's stop about Yoshizawa Ryo's picture here.
Anyway, I'm amazed at Japan's office fashion.
The ladies are very fashionable, whether young nor old.
By watching mature (working) doramas,
I want to be able to style my clothes perfectly.
Even if I'm too lazy for work, I can try on weekend.

Don't forget about Blouson Chiemi here.
I can't forget her image after watching Hito wa Mita Me ga Hyaku Pa-sento.





04. Ima Kara Anata wo Kyouhaku Shimasu


This is actually a last year's dorama.
But the subber is pretty late.
I have watched ep 1-5 a few months ago,
but ep 6 & 7 just came out recently.
Ima Kara Anata wo Kyouhaku Shimasu is a detective genre too.
But the hero is not a police.
Rather, he can be called a criminal because he works
as a blackmail man.
To get information, he will blackmail people
because every person hides a secret.

Both Takei Emi and Fujioka Dean are already married in real life.

Despite Senkawa's bad work, he has helped Mio numerous times.
Truthfully, he was searching for the murderer of his girlfriend, Wakana.
And another guy, called himself Sunao, asked to be Senkawa's disciple
for the same purpose as him.
Sunao reveals himself as Wakana's little brother.



Bit by bit, Senkawa reveals Wakana's death.
But he is also in danger.
Meanwhile, Mio seems clueless here.
She was saved, but didn't have many role after that.


Mio is a naive woman.
She is a rich girl, but after losing her parents,
her grandfather only gives her money.
After Mio's kidnapping incident, her grandfather finally comes to rescue her
by trying to give his life.


Most cases are connected to next episode.
Divided into Mio's arc and Senkawa's arc.
It seems like an easy task at first,
but after Mio's kidnapping case, the story moves deeper.
Senkawa, who doesn't like to help people freely before,
changes his mind after meeting Mio.
He is not a gold digger anymore.


The relationship between Mio and Senkawa moves slowly.
I can't think of them as love interest.
But who knows?
I have not watch the final episode yet.
Meanwhile, Takei Emi is acting bad and stiff here,
almost the same as Seiseisuru Hodo, Aishiteru.
I don't really like her acting, but she is quite cute.



And I hope the subs will come quick.
It is almost a year after the dorama started.
But I'm really thankful to the dorama subber
since J-dorama doesn't have enough subs.
I rarely find a new dorama with fast subber,
such as the one who subbed Kahogo no Kahoko or Seirei Moribito.


05. Good Doctor


I'm watching Good Doctor through Wakuwaku cable TV.
I didn't watch the Western and Korean drama before.
But this is almost similar to Japanese medical dorama I've watched.
The main hero is Yamazaki Kento, as a pediatric surgeon
who has savant syndrome.


I think I haven't watch Ueno Juri anywhere.
I forgot if I have watch Nodame Cantabile or not...
But Kento is pretty good at acting like a kid,
rather than in Todome no Kiss.
He is good in Rikuo too.
My mom said that he's too cute as a man 😂


There are many sad stories between patient.
Shindo Minato sometimes made a mistake,
but his intention was good.
By times, his co-workers finally able to understand him
and becomes friends.


Always makes a cute face.

This Sunday will be the final episode.
I will watch it to the end.



That's all, I'm still continue watching.
Actually, I've watched My ID is Gangnam Beauty and Time K-drama.
But since Gangnam Beauty has ended last week
and Time will end this week, I'm not in the mood to write them.
Meanwhile, you can find many reviews out there for both drama.
Time becomes weird since Kim Jung Hyun dropped this.
But still continue watching to the end.
Where else you can find a hero dropped his drama
4 episodes before its end?
His acting was cool, but he became thin.

I hope there will be many subber for Japanese dorama in the future.
It is lacking subs.
There are many good doramas out there, from sad,
heartwarming, full of action, mysterious, fun, and teaching for life.
I'm always cries at most of them, especially after half to the end of episode.

You May Also Like

0 Comments