Home

Reviews

About Me

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation #1CR (Cool Rosy)

by - 10/16/2018 08:16:00 PM

I like sheer & lightweight foundation more than heavy one.
I found many reviews saying this foundation is sheer.
And most of it, many reviews said
Meghan Markle wore this foundation at her wedding.
Her makeup was beautiful and very minimum, it mesmerized me.
The shade I bought after using this web to find the perfect tone is 1CR.
Uh no, the web actually was giving me 1.5N (Natural) in result.
But since I read reviews that this foundation is a bit dark,
I chose 1CR instead 1.5CR to avoid oxidizing.
Read my review about Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation below.

Description

The Dior Backstage Face & Foundation is the Dior makeup artists'
secret weapon to create an instantly flawless complexion
with ultra-buildable coverage,
from a natural nude glow to high-coverage perfection.
 Thanks to its 40 shades, including 16 intensities and 6 undertones,
the new Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation suits all skin tones.
Its natural and luminous finish is also an essential for the body,
revealing the skin's radiance while camouflaging
minor imperfections on the décolleté and shoulders, for example.

 If you want information of the ingredients, check here.



Only have silver box as the packaging.
It is not as glamour, but I guess that's what makes it cheaper
compared to Dior's other foundation type.


The bottle, or should I say rubber bottle, can be pumped.
By pumping the rubber bottle, the liquid will come out.
But be sure to pump as little as possible.
I once had an accident on my left hand.
It pumped the bottle too much,
so the liquid foundation comes a lot from its nozzle.
I was wasting so much liquid at that time.


The liquid comes pretty light.
After spreading it, I only had 1-2 seconds to blend.
Then the watery texture will evaporate into thin air.
Then the foundation stays matte on skin, it can't be spread anymore.
I guess the work & result are almost similar to Visee CC Watery Foundation.
But Visee is heavier than Dior.

1CR is the perfect shade for me.
Although I can still use 0CR too, if compared to my whole body skintone.


I said it is a perfect shade because my skin has redness.
Pink undertone is more suitable for me.
And the coverage is sheer, you can still find acne mark, dark spots, redness.
It looks white for a few hours and then settled to my skintone.
Choose a lighter shade than your usual foundation,
because it can oxidize.

I think the works is same with Visee because Visee contains Ethanol.
I was actually in doubt because this foundation contain alcohol.
I didn't have happy result for alcohol in skincare,
it made me having breakout.
But I didn't experience the same thing when using Dior foundation
for most of 14 hours I wore!
I guess it's safe for short term result, but I don't know for a long time.
Since this foundation is made for backstage,
I think the application time must be faster than normal foundation.
Maybe it's what made the developer agree to use alcohol,
so it can be evaporated quickly on skin.


While reading reviews at makeupalley,
most dry skin people were satisfied,
but oily type people hated this foundation.
Since my skin is dry, I don't have hesitation to buy,
despite the fact that alcohol is not good for dry skin.
But I do agree with a review saying it has grandma's scent.
The strong perfume scent is very annoying at first 5-10 minutes applying.
But it will disappear forever after that.

The right picture seems pale.
But the foundation color is same with my hand and neck.
I should have used brighter point color and lipbalm.

The finish result is matte at first 3-4 hours.
It will be absorbed as natural semi-matte after that.
I guess my oil gives it a glowy finish around C&T-zone.
For oxidizing problem, I think I do have it.
It is white at morning and becomes the same as my skintone, after 3-4 hours.

Already cut my hair again after more than a year not cutting it.
Too short btw, but it will get longer in no time.
Using a stick highlighter from BEYOND so it looks glowing.

It has sheer coverage, but can be buildable to medium.
Although if I spread it for third applications, it will be heavy on my skin,
as if I wear a heavy makeup.
It's best to apply it once and covering a few acnes after that.




MY THOUGHTS OF DIOR BACKSTAGE FACE & BODY FOUNDATION #1CR:
+ 1CR is the exact shade for me. It is too white at first, but after a few hours, will give natural shade.
+ The finish is matte, will turn semi-matte on dry skin after 4+ hours.
+ Doesn't get cracked, change, or settle to dry skin.
+ Coverage is sheer to medium.
+ Sweatproof, and I think it is also waterproof.
+ The bottle is unique, it can be pumped to let the liquid comes out.
+ For sheer coverage, finger is the best way to work with this. No need a brush / sponge.
+ The size is quite big since I only need a little amount.
- Doesn't have SPF.
- Be careful to push the bottle because I once pushed it too much.
- Can be too pale sometimes, but it will become my natural skintone after hours later.
- Expensive. There are many good foundation out there with this kind of price.

You May Also Like

0 Comments