Home

Reviews

About Me

How To Apply Cream / Liquid Base Makeup on Very Dry and Dehydrated Skin Like Me

by - 8/21/2015 02:36:00 PM

I will try to explain on how I usually apply my base makeup. Every product has different way to applied, based on skin type and condition. For me, I have very dry skin (lacks of oil and some fine lines around mouth) and very lack of hydration (usually flaky around eyebrow, nose, chin, and around the corner of my mouth). So now, I will write the best way I applied my base makeup. It's all about cream type, because you know how to use powder, right? And I skipped primer/moisturizer. I must use them on all my face because everything around it are very dry, including my forehead and eyebrow!


1. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit : Use cushion puff instead fingers. It will be more natural without being too cakey and oily.

2. Kanebo KATE Mineral BB Gel Cream : Must use fingers instead of sponge because it will spread evenly and won't stick on dry area. I had experimented with cushion puff and it got worse. The cream was sinking into my patchy dry skin.

3. Kanebo KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover : This too, use fingers than sponge. It dries fast upon spreading so best to use fingers.

4. Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream : Cushion puff is more preferable. The BB cream's texture is a little bit thick, so using puff will create sheerer finish.

5. Rohto SUGAO Air Fit CC Cream Pink Bright : Because it's matte and unlike a normal water-y cream texture, but more like a bouncing cream, it's best to use fingers. If using sponge, it will sink into fine lines and dry area.

6. Kiss Me Heroine Make Protect UV Mineral BB Cream : Even though the result is similar to KATE, it's good when using either sponge / cushion puff. The texture is more solid than KATE.

7. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation : It can be applied best by sponge or cushion puff. But it's also good by fingers. I'll choose my sponge with sprinkle water, though.


For powder, if I use it alone, I like using their puff for more coverage. But if I must use it on top of BB cream, I'd prefer using brush for natural finish. Although for me, no BB cream/ foundation with powder has natural finish in the end. They'll sink into my fine lines around mouth and nose. But on special cases, which when the weather is not so nice (a.k.a. ultra hot and humid), I put powder on top of my BB cream. But it's not good for me, really. I feel like a clown because of too firm and heavy texture.

Even though I have and like my Canmake Cover & Stretch Concealer UV, I can't use it everyday. I'm not a person who use too many products anyway. And don't ask why I never mentioned brush. I dislike using brush on liquid/creamy base. It's hard to clean it because the bristles will be very sticky to each other. My kabuki brush is only for powder-type.

You May Also Like

0 Comments