Home

Reviews

About Me

CLINIQUE Cheek Pop Blush #Melon Pop

by - 7/28/2020 04:02:00 PM

A few years ago, CLINIQUE Cheek Pop was famous in Japan.
Especially the shade Melon Pop.
The Cheek Pop range from CLINIQUE have cute and chic packaging.
That's why it became popular.
And especially since there are many color variations,
the blush will suit any skintone.

CLINIQUE is a brand from US, under Estée Lauder.
It is actually more popular for skincare product.
But I'm mostly interested in makeup, since I will keep using any skincare that suit me.
Most skincare will give me breakout, so a safe product is my holy grail.

I also got the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ sample.
I will review it later.

A long-wearing, buildable cheek color that imparts a bright hue.
This vibrant, yet natural-looking cheek color has a virtually powderless finish.
The silky-smooth, stay-true formula is available in a range of shades for every skin tone.
It makes creating that just-pinched look simply effortless.


Melon color here is a pink mixed with yellow.
I can't tell the difference between melon and salmon color.
But this Melon Pop color have cute and relaxing tone.
It is sheer and I need more than three times applying.


The pattern is daisy flower.
The design is attached very well, until a few swipes won't budge it.



Color result is same as the pan.
It doesn't look shimmery, but satin.
Means it still gives glow on cheeks.
There is no scent.


Even though the Cheek Pop blusher is a powder type,
when applying, it doesn't show dry skin.
Sits perfectly on my skin, without clumping on pores too.

Yes it does show glowing but without glitter.

Also being used as eyeshadow.

If I compare this blush with my Japanese blusher,
I'm afraid I can't pick CLINIQUE.
It is because even though it gives a nice glow,
for me, it doesn't give me such a natural glowing skin.
I simply would choose Cosme Decorte as comparison.
Cosme Decorte blush have visible shimmers on pan.
But it doesn't being glittery on skin, it will give me glowing cheeks.
Meanwhile, CLINIQUE Cheek Pop only gives subtle glow.
I feel it is not enough glowy.
Yeah, forgive my preferrence.
I like dewy look, even though it is made of powder type blusher.

On every picture, I used the blusher as eyeshadow too.

Despite that, this blusher sits for a long time on my dry skin.
It doesn't smudge or fade.
On my skin, the Melon Pop color shows pink-ish rather than coral.
It looks similar to my own red-ish cheek color.
So I put it in very natural color category.
I'm actually glad to bought this shade.
Most people say the Melon Pop won't show well.
But this is what I like.
A natural pink-ish color without being too bold and noticeable.


And of course, it looks cute and nice to be used as eyeshadow too.
It won't give shimmer on lids, similar to cheeks.
For price, it is very expensive.
I can guess since it was produced in Europe.
But for quality, I think better blusher is out there.
I especially like Japanese blusher because it gives natural glowing look.
And too bad the blusher doesn't have brush or mirror included.
Even though the packaging is simple and light,
it doesn't being travel-friendly for me.


I'm not sure if I want to purchase other color since the quality is in middle place for me.
I had bought numerous pretty blushers before this.
And I don't think Cheek Pop is more good than them.
Especially since there is only one color without gradation.



MY THOUGHTS OF CLINIQUE CHEEK POP BLUSH #MELON POP:
+ Subtle and natural pink-ish color on my cheeks.
+ Doesn't show large pores.
+ Stays for a long time.
+ Gives subtle glowing skin.
+ The shimmer won't be overly noticeable on skin.
+ Easily swiped with brush.
- Very expensive.
- Doesn't include brush or mirror.
- The glow is only for a little bit and unnoticeable when I'm taking pictures.

You May Also Like

0 Comments