Home

Reviews

About Me

Clio Pro Eye Palette #05 Rusted Rose

by - 11/24/2019 12:11:00 PM

Finally I bought two Clio Pro Eye Palettes.
Previously, I already owned #02 Brown Choux palette.
But I think the colors are too warm so I will try cool color palette now.
Rusted Rose is dominated by cool pink and purple-ish color.
Even the darkest brown, Plum Nut, has purple mixed shade in it.
I don't buy #01 Simply Pink palette because I can find the shade everywhere.
Meanwhile, Rusted Rose is a unique rose theme shade I found.


Now, Clio Pro Eye Palette have five color variations:












SP=Spring, SM=Summer, A=Autumn, W=Winter
This picture came from a Japanese insta "personalcolor_".
This is about skintone and Rusted Rose is more suitable for Autumn & Winter.
Since I don't even know my exact personal color, I don't realy care.
But it is best to pick according to your own suitable color. 
I think my suitable color is supposed to be "Simply Pink".

The dominant color of the box is dusty pink.
On palette itself, the powder eyeshadow colors are dominated
by brown & cool-toned pink.

I love the pink box for real!


Again, it has small mirror like the previous palette.
Does have brushes, but not as useful as I wanted.
Includes three matte colors, same with Brown Choux palette.


 My favorite color in Rusted Rose palette is "Winsome".
The color is similar with NARS Orgasm Blush, but softer.
At some point, it is pink.
But when I smudge it, also looks coral.


I couldn't take "Delight" and "Ice Wine" as good as advertisement picture.
But "Ice Wine" has blue tone on it.
"Nutty Cherry" seems to be a mix of cool toned pink and brown.

Comparison with Brown Choux palette.

Rusted Rose is definitely more suitable for me.
Compared to warm palette Brown Choux.

"Delight" is glittery, while "Flat White" in the same order is matte.

And last, you can see the colors are pretty on my eyelid:

The order is putting "Delight" on whole lid.
"Winsome" is spread to the rest of eyelid, after "Delight".
Then used "Plum Nut" on the outer & inner corner of upper lid,
and again on the outer corner of under eyes.
Topping the middle eyelid with "Bubble Smoothie".
Then on teary eyelid, I used "Ice Wine" in tapping motion.

I found this palette works really well with my skintone, unlike Brown Choux.
It doesn't give too much brightness and party look for daily use,
except if I put "Bubble Smoothie".
The shimmer powders have more useable tone for daily look too.


If you see my picture wearing Rusted Rose,
I personally think the variation is similar to Kate's pink palette,
for example Brown Shade Eyes BR-3 Sepia.
It might be because the color variation in Rusted Rose
are a mix of pink and brown.
It creates a toned-down pink as a whole, and more acceptable for daily.


I don't know why upon seeing the glitters in this palette,
reminds me of Frozen palette I owned.
They are very pretty to wear in the snowy day.
Sadly, we don't have snow here.

The left picture is using matte colors from this palette.
They are nudy and not overshowing, unlike the matte colors in Brown Choux.

As for fallout, glittery colors do have it.
But I think they are manageable, especially if I don't smudge them.
 The crystal glitter "Bubble Smoothie" is not my favorite from this palette,
because I don't like it being purple-ish pink.
It might be good to have blue and pink,
like the bolder version of "Ice Wine" so I can create dreamy image.
But I still do like this palette!

This picture includes "Winsome" as my blusher.
It is cute and nude, but have shimmer.
I personally like this shimmer since it looks like the shine is glowing from my skin.

With long staying power and doesn't smudge or melt,
Clio Pro Eye Palette might be one of a good eyeshadow palette.
Rusted Rose is more wearable than Brown Choux for me.
It might be different for other people, depends on skintone.
Try to use a perfect shade because Clio have made more variations now.
I think the palette is famous so Clio will make more in the future.
For the end, my dream to buy Rusted Rose palette is done now.

I btought Rusted Rose palette on my trip to Japan.
Below are some pictures I took wearing this palette.

Only used 3 colors.
First, I put Nutty Cherry on all eyelids.
Then used Winsome as shimmer color.
Put Plum Nut to outer line both upper & lower eyelids.

By using only three colors, the eyeshadow won't be too bold.


You May Also Like

0 Comments