Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude House Play 101 Stick Contour Duo #01 Highlighting + Shading

by - 4/17/2019 08:45:00 AM

This is actually the old version of Stick Contour Duo.
The latest version has sliding tip.
The one who bought it was my sister, so I didn't know if it's new or not.
I was once in lost through purchasing this or not.
But I'm not into contouring so much, so I skipped.
And using this kind of stick type requires more effort & tools.
Even though I can use finger, I feel I need a beauty blender /
sponge for faster application.

The old version have two kinds of color.
My sister bought 01 for highlight & contour.
No.02 is for correcting & contour.


There are two sticks in one tube.
This is very good for travelling because you don't need to bring two separate items.
But the application is kind of need another tool.
I still think powder type is more convenient.


Yes, this is no.01.


I think this kind of stick is quickly empty.
The texture is very creamy and not dry at all.
Very easy to blend even with fingers.

Color swatch:

The contouring stick is very good at contouring my nose.
For face, I think this is kind of too dark (I have fair skin).
The best contouring item for my face is the
Even though it is a bronzer, it doesn't have glitter so safe for daily makeup.
And the color suit my fair skin.

The most visible is at the side of my nose.
But actually, I also put contouring in all of my face!

Meanwhile, the highlighting stick doesn't do much.
I feel it doesn't give me better glow, while I use semi-matte cushion.
That's why when I read reviews, people are complaining about the highlighter.

I might be suck at countouring cheekbones...

Overall, this is a decent contouring stick.
It is good for beginner, even though powder is much more
buildable than this kind of creamy stick type.
It is still a good option for beginner who want to try using a creamy type.
As for me, I don't really prefer contouring, so I'll skip this.
I might grab a new version if I need some or there is a discount at Etude Myeongdong...



MY THOUGHTS OF ETUDE HOUSE PLAY 101 STICK COUNTOUR DUO #01:
+ A blendable creamy stick.
+ Doesn't become cracky on face after a while, it is not dry.
+ There are two products in one stick tube.
+ Very thin and travel-friendly.
+ The color will suit medium cool tone skin.
+ Cheap.
+ The latest version have three color variations.
- Contouring color is too dark for my skin.
- Highlighter doesn't show much.

You May Also Like

0 Comments