Home

Reviews

About Me

How to Wet Hair : Gatsby Moving Rubber #Air Rise (Green) ウェットヘアやり方 : ギャツビームービングラバー #エアライズ (緑)

by - 9/11/2018 09:47:00 PM

I have always wondering how Japanese model & hairstylist creates the wet hair trend.
Most of them are using hair wax and hair oil to get the sexy wet hair look.
The most popular hair wax in Japan, used by many models,
is actually The Product Hair Wax (ザ・プロダクト ヘアワックス) in blue label.
Other than "Product" brand, there is a no.1 hair wax,
according to Amazon Japan ranking, which is Arimino Peace Freeze Keep Wax.

But since I can't afford them here, despite the price is not expensive,
I get the most common hair wax, Gatsby Moving Rubber in Air Rise.
It was introduced on this website too, said that Gatsby is perfect for medium hair
and inner curling style to get kawaii look.


For sure, I'm not a fan of using anything on my hair.
Especially hair vitamin / oil, which can get onto my skin and create breakouts.
But this hair wax doesn't do damage in my face skin at all!
The only downvote is because my hair becomes rough
and to style with it means much hair loss.
But no worries, since I have many hair strands.
And it can be mixed with hair oil (though as minimum as I can)
to create a more natural looking wet without being too rough.


The Gatsby Moving Rubber itself is actually a male hair wax.
Some company (see the website above) created a special wax for female,
such as Lucido-L, Nigelle, and SALA.
I don't really mind as long as it can do the job of creating a wet hair look.
I read a few reviews before buying it
and found a few women also tried using this type of green Gatsby.
And I didn't have much thought to purchase it after reading them.
It is not expensive anyway.



The cream color is white, lean on green, similar to the case.
The cream is light weight and sticky.

Most people used The Product Hair Wax.
Some videos can be found here:

C-Channel : Osakana Yuki, Ikegami Sarii

Nishikawa Mizuki / Mizukitty

Kaji Eri

And how to do with Gatsby Moving Rubber #Air Rise:

Believe me, the model for Multi Form type was much cuter.

The green wax has apple scent, which is not overwhelming by times.
It is a watery cream at first, but turns to a hard cream after rubbing with hands.
For how to use a hair wax, you can try watching the video here.
Mostly, you should curl / straighten hair first and use the wax to style.
And most hair makeup artist will do a messy-curly styling,
which is uncommon in my country.

Under indoor lighting and very little product,
the wet hair doesn't get any difference.
This was taken in my room, the usual place.

This was also taken indoor.
But depending on how much I use, it became wet (finally).
But my hair felt heavy and I couldn't separate them...
I do get what it means by rubber in Gatsby Moving Rubber name.
The round case is made of rubber, so it is easily cleansed from messed up cream.
It is lightweight, surprisingly.
And it have much cream inside, I don't feel a waste at all for its price.

 You will be amazed by sunlight.
Even though this was taken indoor with sunlight throughout the window,
my hair flew by prettily.
This was also without mixing with hair oil.


Also, it does the job amazingly to create a wet hair look.
But I don't think it will hold my bangs for the entire day.
I feel it doesn't hold much, so it is not for people who wish to create
a difficult hairstyle and wants it to stay all day.
I suggested using a hair spray than the green Gatsby.


 So far, I can create a wet hair look using Gatsby Moving Rubber #Air Rise.
But I must mix it with hair oil to get a more smooth finish result.
I can use it alone too, but it will be hard to loose the messy hair
and I will have much hair loss from the stickiness.
At least my hair loss becomes minimum by mixing the wax and oil.

The picture taken in black clothes were all using hair oil.
I mixed Gatsby green hair wax with L'oreal Extraordinary Oil (in yellow bottle).

Maybe it's weird to use a hair wax for women.
But as you can see, many Japanese women also use it to have a sexy look.
You can try buying it from the list I have told above,
such as by "Amazon JP" ranking or the Japanese article on "arine".
Either way, I had a fun time using this hair wax
and the scent is lovely, even though it can be irritating at first applying.
I hope I can cut my hair soon to get a better experience
of using a hair wax.


I'm not a pro at curling my hair, so I want to straighten it.
Because my long hair will get loss often if using this wax.
My ideal lenght is medium, so looking forward until I cut them
and trying the hair wax with medium hair.
I will update here again if I can create a more good styling.
PS : I didn't cut my hair for a year since i cut it very short!

I'm still learning to create a hairstyle like Japanese women do.
It is a bit hard because I don't have proper curling tong.
Most of them likes to use curling iron to get makigami (巻髪).
I do have one from the cheap Philips brand.
But it is a not a proper curling iron, it doesn't make my hair smooth at all.
I still like to use my Glampalm GP225 AL straight iron for everyday hairstyle.



 UPDATE OCT 30TH, 2018 with shorter hair:





You May Also Like

0 Comments