Home

Reviews

About Me

What I Have Been Using : Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing (Night) Cream & Lotion

by - 10/06/2014 10:24:00 AM

I have wrote about my facewash from Hada Labo in my post, here. Hada Labo Indonesia (Hada=skin, Labo=Laboratory?) produced 3 ranges of their products, the moisturizing effect-gokujyun, brightening-shirojyun, and anti-aging-gokujyun alpha. Although there is one product I confused it would be included in what range, Tamagohada mild peeling facewash. The company website is here, including all the product ranges and the complete ingredients in English (very useful website, huh?). Hada Labo main ingredients is the hyaluronic acid to hydrate skin. Many Japanese cosmetic/skin care item uses that ingredient (yes, it's different from Korean, which usually don't include hyaluronic acid in their product). I myself, didn't care for that as I'm satisfied by its result. Don't forget that even though the production process was made in Indonesia, it claimed still using ingredients from Japan. And it was made by Rohto & Mentholatum USA (already acquired by Rohto company).

My night cream for a year is Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream in toner/essence & cream. This one claims to use Baobab tree & collagen for hydration. Though it's functoning well (it really gives my skin bouncy & soft feeling after one night usage), I have a problem of buying that since Etude's counter price is very expensive, while I must buy it from online seller and wait for a week to arrive. That's why I need more efficient product and easy to get. My eye goes to Hada Labo from Japan.

I read many Indonesian reviews, claims that using Hada Labo night cream creates breakout. And I found out that mostly happened because the users had oily skin. Anyway, I mostly found that in Korean product, the hydrating product is made for dry skin. Whereas Hada Labo Indonesia's Facebook suggested oily skin to use their hydrating product (Gokujyun). It contradicts what my perception is for a cosmetic/skin care product. I know that oily skin needs hydration too, but I don't think gokujyun series is perfect for oily skin since it has more hydrating power than maybe... shirojyun (for brightening) series. It makes the skin creates more oil and causes breakout/acne.

Anyway, I have dry skin and my sister have oily skin. We both have tried Hada Labo fashwash and it's safe, we never had breakout. I love the facewash because it really feels hydrating, especially if I wore BB cream and felt gross, this facewash helped erasing all that greasy feelings. I hope the night cream would do the same.

Uh, actually, I used the cream without resting my skin after using Moistfull Collagen the other night. The result was, I still could feel the bouncy-ness from Moistfull Collagen and could not feel the exact finish for day 1. When I used Moistfull Collagen, it gave me softer skin for 2-3 days without applying again. It's true. I just needed to apply on Thursday night, then on Friday & Saturday didn't use it (I am lazy on weekend) then I still felt the softness on my face. But I am glad, I don't feel itchy / hot using the cream in my first night.


For the feelings, it doesn't feel any different from Moistfull Collagen. After applying the cream on skin, it felt oily. But I don't think it is that oily as to it can stick my hair (it's over-mentioned, I think). My experience with Moistfull Collagen didn't surprise me when the cream would feel oily. In fact, they're the same texture. After a few minutes, the cream would be absorbed and it wouldn't feel too oily. And when I woke up from sleep, I didn't feel oily at all, very same with the Moistfull Collagen!

Texture of the cream is similar to Moistfull Collagen. Watery and can spread easily. Although Moistfull Collagen's orange color is very sheer, Hada Labo's color is very milk-y. After applying on face, it will makes my skin feels oily for few hours and then in the morning, it won't get oily anymore.

Although I mentioned that I couldn't feel the result sinced I used Moistfull Collagen the other day, a little bit on my skin felt the hydrating effect from Hada Labo gokujyun night cream in day 1 (a little, mark it). It's almost the same feeling as when I used its facewash. A different soft from Moistfull Collagen, which made my skin bouncy, soft-like baby skin, Hada Labo always made my skin felt soft but not overly smooth, also very clean (as if I had no dirt). It doesn't make my face bouncy like Moistfull Collagen, but I think I also like the result since it looks natural, fresh-from-bath.

Some bloggers claims that the after using the night cream or its lotion, they will have breakout after 1-3 days usage. That's why, I bought gokujyun moisturizing lotion to use it with the night cream and will see if it's also give me the same effect, because it is rich in Hyaluronic Acid (HA). The HA will replenishes skin's hydrating ability and so, contains more water and causes more oil. Oh well, I'm happy I can use Hada Labo without anything damaged since it's a luxury quality & brand. Or maybe, I am more suit to Japan & Korea products? ^^

I have tried the clear lotion for dry-normal skin and it's perfectly fine too. It didn't cause me any breakout and it feels very hydrating. I used it as makeup base under my Tony Moly Cat's Wink Pact and my skin didn't look flaky. I guess I must experiment it more using my Pigeon powder which is drier than Cat's Wink. And by the way, the lotion is the one which sold 1 every 2 seconds in Japan? Really? In what year? I believe it though... It's very useful against dry skin.

This one, the lotion's texture is like normal water, but can evaporate quickly after spreading on face. Won't make skin oily and it really hydrating my skin. In fact, it helps moisturizing my skin a lot and not as oily as Etude Face Conditioning cream.

When using the lotion & night cream all in one, I feels like using Etude Moistufull Collagen First Essence and its cream. The Hada Labo lotion texture is watery, the same as new Super Moistfull Collagen Essence, which is more non-oily than the old version. I have yet to try if it's still hydrating enough if I don't use it for a day, or if I don't use the lotion under my makeup. It's the most important thing as Etude Moistfull Collagen still doesn't have that effect. Even if I use Collagen cream at night, in the morning, my face is still flaky when using powder. I will try it more as time goes by. I think I can replace my Etude's Moistfull Collagen with this Hada Labo gokujyun night cream, especially to save cost. Although I might buy Moistfull Collagen again if I want it. The effect is almost the same, except for bouncy-thing after I have used Hada Labo gokujyun cream & lotion for 3 days. There is no negative effect on my skin even though I applied almost all of Gokujyun series produced in Indonesia (from facewash, lotion, night cream). In think I don't need the milk but, I might try it someday.

While there is Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Fashwash in Indonesia, I never see them. I wonder where must I search again, be it Carrefour, Alfamart, Watsons, Guardian? Because the foam wash looks interesting. Some mentioned it's actually in watery texture while at the bottle but turns to foam when pushed. What I am wishing is for Hada Labo Gokujyun Perfect Gel with collagen to be produced here so it will 100% replace my Etude Moistfull Collagen cream (they will have the same collagen ingredient). And from what I know, serum, mask, mist, lip balm, and perfect gel haven't yet to be sold here.

You May Also Like

0 Comments