Home

Reviews

About Me

Missha x LINE Friends Eye Color Studio Mini #02 Cony Pink & Matte Lip Rouge #MRD02 Salsa Red

by - 5/26/2016 09:33:00 AM

I finally grabbed on Missha x Line Friends edition! This is so in hyped recently because the packaging is cute and Line is popular in many countries. For me, while many people favorite characters are either Brown or Cony, I would chose James! Yeah, he is crazy and crazy and funny and I don't have anymore comment about his expression. Too bad he is unpopular. The eyeshadow is in pink-themed color and the lipstick is claimed as matte type in brick red color. I think Salsa Red color is famous recently in Korea and I'm interested in advertising picture.


01. Missha x Line Friends Eye Color Studio Mini #Cony Pink

The outside packaging is velvet (not the box but the case). I like to touch it when grabbing this eyeshadow before using.

Colors are glittery red-brown for lining, glittery nude beige suitable for highlighter, glittery reddish pink for point color, and a matte beige-pink.

Closer look for this eyeshadow pallete after putting off its plastic separator. This is rare because usually, the plastic doesn't have place for applicator.

And take a look at Cony's face. I just swatched twice for review purpose beside Cony's print. And the rest, I used other matte base color or without base at all. I'm too scared of ruining the cute Cony, even though I've never seen a makeup tools seriously before. Usually, I never cared of messing my cosmetic as long as it is still can be used (referred to what I've done with Secret Key Flower Water Pact).

This eyeshadow consists of 4 colors with pink-based theme. Completed with dual-side sponge applicator and a mirror.

Advertising picture for finish result.

Result on my eyes. The pink theme is too strong for everyday usage because it has more red hue. I like it though, especially for special occasion that needs glittery eyeshadow. Added Visee Slim Gel Liner BK001 to tightline. And I love to wear pink shadow under my eyes, just like in the picture. But it depends on what kind of color so it won't create swollen eyes.

The sponge applicator is very soft, I can hardly feel it when applying with its sponge. But the color will be more vivid by using finger anyway. For staying power, it doesn't smudge at the end of working day for my dry skin. I didn't put primer, but just powder nowadays to prevent smudging. The pink color comes out pretty vibrant compared to my pale skin and true to its advertising picture.


MY THOUGHTS FOR EYE COLOR STUDIO MINI #02 CONY PINK:
+ Pink-brown eyeshadow theme than can be used for either everyday or special activity. I usually chose the brown color for daily usage, but the pink can be put sheer for daily too.
+ Cute packaging and not heavy.
+ Long lasting finish for hours. It stands when I'm working without smudging (unlike DAISO Ellefar).
+ The glitters don't fall easily. It doesn't messed up my makeup.
+ Eyeshadow is very soft. I think most Korean eyeshadows are made with soft finish on skin (Ex. Etude Berry Delicious Fantastic Color Eyes #7).
+ The pinkish red color comes out very vibrant as main color.
+ Pretty cheap even though I must buy through PO.
- For those who don't like glittery & sheer eyeshadow.
- The pink color won't be suitable for daily makeup except using it sheer without finger. But it depends on preferences.


02. Missha x Line Friends Matte Lip Rouge #MRD02 Salsa Red


This lipstick is categorized as matte. But I think it is a bit creamy to be called matte.

I was a bit curious of its color. I wonder if it'll be similar to the ads. The cap is from plastic so it seems cheap. But I'm surprised to know it's a bit heavy. So this toy-like lipstick doesn't feel cheap because of its weight.

It also have generous size considering I won't use a red lipstick too much. And I just need to tap-tap a little so the color comes off.

Adveritising picture. The red is kind of weird and I'm curious.

Left is sheer and right is bold.

Comparison between the lisptick and eyeshadow. MRD02 is actually very bold, right? Can you see the Cony-pictured eyeshadow pan shade on the most right? It's very pale pink-beige and unnoticeable.

The lipstick is a normal one that won't leave stain. But since it's matte red, it stayed longer than glossy one. I feel it's similar to Mamonde Creamy Tint Color Balm + Intense #16 Velvet Red in term of velvet-y finish if I wore it sheer. But if I wore it bold, it would be creamy finish with a little bit glossy effect.

This is the picture when I used the lipstick in 3 swipes to create bold red finish (without eyeshadow). I can see shine & creamy lipstick.

And this one if I put it sheer, only using tap-tap motion. The red is more vibrant when using it bolder. And if not, it'll be brick red (almost brown). This pictures are also using Eye Color Studio Mini Cony eyeshadow. But I put the brown (1st color) more than pink (3rd color). The left picture is using softlens from GEO BC-102.


MY THOUGHTS FOR MATTE LIP ROUGE #MRD02 SALSA RED:
+ Can be used bold or sheer according to needs with different type of finish (that surprised me).
+ Almost long lasting even though it doesn't leave stain.
+ Moisturizing lips.
+ Pretty cheap.
+ Rare color (at least for me). And I will use mostly for special occasion because I rarely use red for daily.
+ Even though the packaging looks cheap and toy-like, it's heavy. Doesn't look cheap at all after grabbing.
- It has a hint of cardboard smell but will disappear after a few seconds. Almost no scent.
- Transfer to glass, anything.
- If I use it sheer, it won't moisturized my lips well. But I don't like using bold red lipstick.


Using the eyeshadow without Matte Lip Rouge.

 Using both the eyeshadow and lipstick. But I need a lipbalm because I only used the matte lipstick sheer and the moisturizing formula didn't get absorbed well so I had chapped lips if not using lipbalm. If I used lipbalm like this, it's like using a tinted lipbalm right? PS: I need to cut my messy hair quickly.

You May Also Like

1 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete