Home

Reviews

About Me

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

by - 5/19/2016 11:03:00 AM

I rarely bought new skincare. Part of it is because I’m satisfied with Etude House Moistfull Collagen as my night cream. And the other one is because I’m afraid it’ll give me breakouts. The only makeup I couldn’t use is Etude House Secret Beam Powder Pact which gave me breakout for my whole face 3 years ago. And skincare is too much in term of formula, more than cosmetic. I’m afraid my previous Mizon also gives me breakout when I used daily. So I don’t use it often now, only once a week before doing makeup. But well, I got curious of this Sleeping Mask because it claimed to have soothing fragrance and hydrating formula. A perfect match for my very very dry skin.



The Water Sleeping Mask is an upgraded formula of Water Sleeping Pack EX. I had been waiting to try Sleeping Pack EX to be restocked on my usual online shop. But it was still out of stock for a few months. Until this month, it came again with the latest Water Sleeping Mask. So, what is it about?



Moisturizes and revitalizes skin as if you have had a good night’s sleep for 8 hours!
You probably didn’t have enough sleep due to your hectic schedule.
Even if you didn’t sleep well last night, your skin need not reflect that.
Make your skin appear refreshed and revitalized~

Four advantages of Water Sleeping Mask!
1. Skin purifying effect: SLEEP-TOX™ technology purifies skin during sleep, keeping it in optimum condition
    SLEEP-TOX™ technology’s purifying effects help to rejuvenate and normalize skin that is often fatigued and sensitized by stress during the day. This helps the skin to achieve a well-rested appearance the next morning.
2. Skin moisturizing: MOISTURE WRAP™ helps skin retain moisture throughout the night
    The dense beta-glucan moisturizing shield (network) consists of active agents such as Hydro Ion Mineral Water, evening primrose root extract, Hunza apricot extracts, and more so that skin fully absorbs the goodness during 8 hours of sleep.
3. Skin soothing: contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight
    Ultra-mild, safe formula that can be worn overnight / Non-comedogenic, sensitivity tested.
4. Aromatic SLEEPSCENT™ helps you relax during sleep
    SLEEPSCENT™ specially developed for Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is an AMOREPACIFIC original, allowing skin to relax and rest and boosting its ability to regenerate.

Comes with spoon, which I won't use.

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Alginate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, HYDROXYPROPYL BISPALMITAMIDE MEA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Alcohol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 42090 

There's a paper seal.

Before Sleeping Mask:


Enough with the explanation. I’m bad at it. Anyway, I hope this Sleeping Mask will gives me enough good sleep for a day. It's said to be used twice a week, but many reviews claimed it can be used everyday. And the soothing fragrance is a bit overwhelmed for me. I have sensitive nose anyway. But I don’t mind it since even though the scent is too strong, it’s also refreshing and soothing at the same time. In term of help increasing my sleeping time, I don’t think it give enough result because I keep sleeping for 7 hours normal time every night.

Refreshing blue color cream.


I thought I could use this for everyday. But! On day 1 after putting this Laneige Sleeping Mask, I noticed a pimple. Because I couldn’t care less for one pimple, I kept using for 3 days all night. And what happened to my face? I got 4-5 pimples, all on my left side! This is so weird, considering I rarely got pimples (more than 1 or 2) except because of hormonal issue every month. One of them is very annoying since it's beside my lips and hurted a bit. I guess I should be careful to buy a skincare now. I will think on how to use it so I don’t have breakout. Maybe using it for a minute and washing right ahead?

I also had one on my forehead. On picture, the pimples were already a week long so it's not too visible. And I used BB cream to cover redness around them.

So I used the mentioned method for only 1 minute until it was absorbed. Seriously, I don't think either waiting for a minute nor the entire night gives me hydrating face. This method helps me to prevent breakout. But what's the point of a sleeping mask if I can't use it the entire night? For my very very dry skin, this Sleeping Mask can't help hydrating (I still think it doesn't hydrating enough even if I used for all night). As for brighter face, I think it did improved my face color. This mask doesn't help me with anything than its soothing fragrance. If I compared its price with my Etude House Moistfull Collagen (the normal big cream, not with Essence), they don't have much difference anyway. And this Sleeping Mask is only used 2-3 times a week, it can't be compared to Moistfull Collagen in reality.


MY THOUGHTS:
+ Has soothing & refreshing fragrance that is good for sleep.
+ Brighten face.
+ Comes in generous size.
+ Doesn't feel sticky and absorbed fast. I don't feel I wear anything except for pimples the next day.
- Breakouts.
- Expensive.
- Not hydrating.

You May Also Like

0 Comments