Home

Reviews

About Me

Trip to Thailand (Bangkok) Day 4,5,6,7

by - 9/01/2014 08:31:00 PM

After the first post of my trip, I will write the continuation. This will be more fun than shopping, because we visited many kinds of place. So, it's not all about mall and market. Even though some of it were exactly right.

We used boat at Chao Phraya river. Many tourists from China were gathering there. Some might be from US, even though they looked Chinese and they were too noisy (I differentiated their language that wasn't similar to Singapore nor Malaysia English). Two boys (they were supposed to be a grown-up man with their age) took a picture by hanging on a pole inside the boat. While the two girls with them wore minimum clothes. Unsightly scene.


During our visit to Grand Palace, the weather was very hot! It's like I was being grilled by the sun. Tourists wore hat, umbrella, etc to prevent UV rays. Although I just wore my black jacket sinced I was too lazy to take my umbrella from my bag (I brought it with me everyday!). As expected, without tour guide, we just wandering around the big palaces, temples, and gardens there. Hot and too big for us, we spent drinking at the cafe across Grand Palace. It had air con. Even though the 'Subway Cafe' was small, it's vintage and cozy.


After Grand Palace, we supposed to go to Wat Pho and Wat Arun. Wat Pho is the temple of sleeping Budha. There's a giant Budha statue in sleeping mode (although it's not exactly sleeping). Too bad the husband-wife suggested us to go to Central Plaza, a mall near Grand Palace, because they couldn't take the hotness anymore. And that's why in this trip, I just went to Grand Palace as a temple...Sigh..  They had ruined my trip.

 See that Watsons beside Etude House? That Watsons took my money....

Turned out the mall had given me bankruptcy experience. There's Watsons with discounted Japanese makeup brands! I blindfolded my eyes and went shopping. I bought KATE BB Gel Cream OC-C again (I bought it through my sister's supplier for around USD 23.40) because it's cheaper, just around USD 14.85. Way cheaper than online seller!! Not satisfied buying one product, I sightseeing eyeshadow and found Kose Fasio Shade Trick Eye in BL-2 got discounted half price. Normal price might be around USD 14.06, but discounted by just USD 7.03!!! What Heaven! Then, KATE Mineral Powder Foundation refill in OC-B took my eyes for USD 14.84 and Canmake Creamy Touch Rouge in Marshmallow Pink for around USD 13.41. Do you know Canmake? I first knew it from Snapeee Android Photo app. They used Snapeee for advertising their products by posting photos or creating photo frame etc. It's a cosmetic brand by Ida Laboratories. I will write them all in separate post.


Cosmetics were not all that I bought. There is a cheap facewasher (which surprisingly very good at washing my face and makes it soft) and a hair colorant from Beautylabo Whip Hair Color in Milky Beige. I thought it's a dark brown color, but let's see after I got home and try it...


On the same day as Grand Palace, we tried to go to Asiatique the Riverfront. Well, I was amazed by how it worked well as market, restaurant, snack corner, theme park, and ladyboy show. Me and my friends were buying many things inside. I bought 2 kind of dresses and NaRaYa small bag (it's a must to buy NaRaYa's bag in Thailand!). NaRaYa is a very cute shop. Designed like a high class shop, but cheap price around USD 6.25 - USD 15.63 for bigger handbag. Its specialty is Japanese-style cotton bags with cute ribbons.

We got 2-3 hours shopping then went back to hotel. Three of our mates, including the husband-wife pair, watched ladyboy show in Asiatique. It's expensive (They said around USD 37.50), so most of us went back to sleep. Thankfully, one of them recorded the show for a few minutes and we could watch it. Beautiful, spectacular, and very well-arranged show, I think. I'm amazed by ladyboy, mostly men turned to women, who can dance much powerful than me...


The next day trip was to Siam Ocean World, located in Siam Paragon basement floor. It is the largest aquarium in ASEAN, or so it claims (I rarely go to aquarium). We took many photos of fishes and their habitant, also amazed by its aquarium floor, where I could stand above sharks etc. There were kindergarten came in there and it's cute to see them line up before and after going inside. The background sound and design matches the habitant of fish (for example, river fish gets jungle BGM and dark lighting, similar to weird face & old fishes). I bought Garrett popcorn here, the famous US brand and the best popcorn I ever had.


After Siam Ocean World, we got a chance to meet Hollywood stars. It's Madame Tussauds museum, located at the highest floor of Siam Discovery Mall. Uh, many of unknown stars and so little we knows of. We were staying longer at famous idol (ex: Nickhun, Mario Maurer, Will Smith).. Other stars are mostly from Thailand and old age president etc, etc. But as we came from Indonesia, of course we would like to take picture together with our first president, Ir. Soekarno, which standing up at the very first entrance after a Thai lady I don't know.

 Took selfie with Nickhun. Hey, he's too tall to take selfie with me and the result is hard-to-smile. My sister & mother said I looked very alike with the statue.. Sigh... Did my face seemed fake?

Here at Madame Tussauds, I got influenza and had a slight fever. Though I just used medicine to turn down the fever. It revived my energy, though I still felt cold and sneezing.

We didn't go back to hotel, despite my cold (Part of it, I blame it to the husband-wife, who wanted to continue their shopping-hollic routine). We went to Pratunam, but it was closed sinced it's already 6 PM. So me and another 3 friends went to Platinum again (second building is much cheaper). Anyway, I just went round-about while waiting for my shop-a-holic friends.

Last day to travel (Wednesday), we went to Platinum again. Thank God my fever went down, even though I got influenza. I bought a blazer for USD 6.25, while my friends, of course, got many more than just a blazer. They would buy clothes, skirt, etc, while I sat down on a chair. Urgh, I think I'm not suited to this shopping trip. While I save my money to exchange it to Rupiah again, all of my friends spent it unwisely to shop, even borrowing money from me and another friend. Okay, there was this girl who borrowed my money and she promised to give it back on Monday, made me waiting from morning 'til evening for her message. I'm still waiting for her right now (It's Monday).


The shopping time finally end. We went to Chocolate Ville to had dinner. It's a romantic place with Western/Europe architecture, perfect for pre-wedding photoshot. Even though the name contains chocolate, they sells steak, french fries, beer, lasagna, none of it has chocolate. It's raining before we got there by taxi, but we got there safely. It costs us USD 3.00 by taxi. But departing from there, it costed us USD 6.25 because of traffic jam.


We got many photos there and had romantic dinner for eight of us. The food we ordered were lasagna, garlic bread, bread with clam, pork ribs, spaghetti, chicken steak with french fries (Hey, most of them just my guesses since I forgot the menu. It's based on my eyes and knowledges, sorry). The night light makes Chocolate Ville perfects for dating. The farewell dinner for us was unforgetable, though the bill wasn't...


On the last day (Thursday), some of us went shopping to Platinum again. But I chose to stay in hotel. My legs felt numb sinced the first day because too much walking without sitting, my shoulders got hurt by my backpack (It really hurts, even when I wasn't taking it on my back). All in all, we check-in early at the airport and as we thought, overloaded bagage. Of course from 20kg bagage, I just used 15, while a friend borrowed the other 5kg. And my friend, H, she must separated her packaging into plastic bag because the overload might reach us to pay USD 246.88!! Thank God it works! We arrived at home safely around 1.30 AM, that's my birthday on August 29th. Then I arrived at 2 AM at home, while start re-packaging, sleeping at 4 AM just to found out my 3 earrings disappeared... Oh well, thankfully, it's just costs me USD 2.81....


This trip is very unscheduled, mostly because the husband-wife fault. They selfishly went straight to shopping mall/market, but when I got fever, they wouldn't care and keep walking without asking. What a good pairing! They have same behavior. They changed schedule by their own, without asking (Sometime, they did asking but we didn't have any option than to follow them). Anyway, Thailand isn't much cheaper than Jakarta. It's the same price maybe can get cheaper if I buy in dozen quantity, but I finds out there are bigger size for their Korean-style clothes, unlike Jakarta, which sells small sizes. Some cosmetics are cheaper, especially Japanese cosmetics since Indonesia hasn't imported it. But I went to Etude House counter, and it did had the same price as our counter. Not cheaper indeed. I will continue to buy Korean makeup at online seller. And asking when will Indonesia got KATE, Canmake, and Fasio counter in our Watsons...

And remember about hair colorant Beautylabo? It got me a light brown. Very light, similar to blonde. I got to laugh at myself as my hair is now similar to Gong Hyo Jin in The Master's Sun Korean drama.

 Does this hair color suit me? Some said it made my eyes smaller.


UPDATE : OMG, remember the husband-wife I talked about above? The husband died on June 2015, 10 months after we went together. I should respect his last wishes 10 months before...

You May Also Like

0 Comments