Home

Reviews

About Me

First Experience with AGEHA Lunatia Brown Softlens

by - 9/29/2014 07:35:00 PM

My eyes has been suffering from myopia & astigmatism sinced middle school. At that time, the myopia caused by electronic watching/reading was -1.5 with right axis 1. Now, after I graduated from university, my myopia increased to -2.5 and both eyes suffered axis 1. Well, ever sinced middle school, although I owned glasses, I didn't intend to use it except in class. I ignored the fact that I must use glasses in everydays activities, including walking, studying, even driving a car! The bright and clearer vision effect in using glasses makes me avoiding it for these past years and although I don't use glasses, the increasing chance is minimal.


Until last year, I tried using softlens. The first softlens I tried is X2 (what is the type, I forgot) in brown color. I chose brown because it's a natural color (I tends to use natural). Though I wanted my eyeballs' size, my mom suggested the larger lenses with 16mm. Urgh, I think it's good anyway since it really increased my eyeball, although I still prefer 14.5mm. The first softlens I bought and I didn't care about the water content in it. I'm too lazy to use eyedrops and well, I never suffered from dry eyes. The only one problem is too bright to look at notebook for long period (Hey, I'm an accountant and my works related to using notebook everyday). But with X2, I think I can stand right in front of my notebook for 3 hours before getting tired. I had erased my photo with it, so I can't post it here.

The second softlens is also from X2, but it's in blue color with 14.5mm. It's the exact size, but too bad, the blue is too bright it makes me looks like a doll with it (said my company director with a joke). I am not convenient with bright color lenses, especially unnatural color. For period of wearing it, it's the same as the first brown X2, although I feels more comfortable with the first one. See here for my blue eyes:

I looks like out of maturity here, sorry. It's very pink from my editing sakura brush & my lipstick. Well, I hate pink actually, and love blue. I think, I used my Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit and for lipstick is Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk OR204 which isn't orange.

Despite already bought two set of softlens, I didn't use everyday (typical me). I wore it just at the time I felt I wanted it, mostly 2 days per week. And it wasted my softlens a lot, my mother always complaining my behavior. While I like experiencing different color lenses and it's natural purposes, I think I don't need softlens a lot in my life.

Anyway, I found many Indonesian's beauty blogger recommended AGEHA Softlens for its comfort. It claims as Japanese brand, but production is made by Dueba Korea. As I searched about Dueba company, there are two websites. One is legitimate Korean softlens, DueBa ContactLens and another one is Korean Dueba Contact Lens by Thai Joint Venture Manufacturing Factory. I don't know which company this AGEHA is made by, it doesn't have the address, but I believes it's from the Thailand factory sinced DueBa doesn't even use Japanese girl photograph, unlike the Thai site. But since the Dueba Thai is also have Korea certificate, I don't think it's unknown product. AGEHA's brand image is butterfly or 蝶="Chou" in Japanese with pink color, whilst アゲハチョウ科="Ageha Chou-ka" means swallowtail butterfly.

Okay, I bought it from impulse buying seeing the cute model with the lens. And desperate to have brown softlens again, I bought AGEHA Lunatia Series in brown from Japan Softlens. It is in diameter of 14.5mm but claims to have bigger size of 16mm on eyes. For buying one set of softlens, I got a lipstick ballpoint as seen in first picture. When I put the lipstick ballpoint on a desk, my mom shouted to me on how I wasted a lipstick and pulled out all its bullet. It's funny how she got mad at me, and I just laughed at her misunderstanding. In the end, she likes the pen and uses it a lot. Here is my eyes using AGEHA Lunatia brown:

Again. my messy eyebrow is captured. Well, I don't use eyebrow pencil or mascara even if I bought it from Etude House. I still can't use that until now and thanks to my thick eyebrow, maybe I won't have to use it, except for important role at party? The first picture I was using Kose Fasio Shade Trick Eyes (already reviewed), the second used Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner N Black.

Right Eye

Left Eye
My eyes reflected the window in front of me..^^ You can see my skin is very dry as I've just used Face Conditioning Cream with KATE Mineral Powder Foundation OC-B. I was lazy to care for my eyelashes.

For the pattern, it's very natural and the color is also natural brown. Not too light but it can be seen as different brown with my original eyes color. But because it's light and color in sheer, my actual eyeball can be seen in direct light. Not too important. With appropriate lighting, it's very good color. As for comfortable or not, it depends on lighting. Nowadays, the weather here is very hot, around 32-34 degree Celcius and it's very bright. My seat at work is near the window, the sun always sets brightly at noon (It's very uncomfortable and the air conditioner can't be felt). My eyes tends to feels tired after an hour looking at notebook. I must wink my eyes 2-3 times per hour because it's too bright. But when the sun already gets lower, around 3.30 PM, my eye doesn't get tired easily.

I think AGEHA is brighter on my vision, compared to X2. It is good in its own way, but when I'm working, it makes me dizzy. For water content in it, same as X2, I don't need eyedrops. Maybe because my eyes are not dry easily and not sensitive towards unknown object (Thank God I never experience alergic towards make up/softlens/soap, just getting acne is fine enough because it can be healed a few weeks after. I will be so sad if I can't try products easily as now). Moreover, I don't like using miscellanous products such as hand lotion if it's not needed. Oh well, I hope I can try more softlens brand in the future, ex: Geo. Photo of me again:


In these two pictures, I used Etude House Face Conditioning Cream, Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit, Laneige Silk Intense Lipstick SYR36 Beige Chiffon, Etude House Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara in Step1, Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner N Black. I will review it. Picture 1 captured by front camera 2.1 MP LG G2, picture 2 by back camera 13 MP LG G2.



For this one, I used Face Conditioning Cream from Etude House, KATE Mineral BB Gel Cream, KOSE Fasio Shade Trick Eyes BL-2, Kanebo Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge RS-2.


UPDATE! I don't feel comfortable wearing this AGEHA lens as it is too bright to wear it daily (especially I worked for 9 hours per day). I might won't be able to use everyday or use it only at weekend, though it also preferable if I go to nearby mall. If it's too bright and sunny, and location is far, I won't wear it. I had experienced using it on sunny bright day on street for more than an two hours then I felt dizzy like vomitting. I think I'm not suited to this type of lens.

You May Also Like

2 Comments