Home

Reviews

About Me

Faithful to Anime (Summer 2014 Anime Choice)

by - 9/16/2014 07:40:00 PM

As long as I've lived, anime is my favorite film to watch. Korean drama, Japanese dorama, nor Hollywood movie can't battle against it. My first anime is Doraemon, then Sailor Moon (which I will count it in this post for the remake). It is a little late to review summer 2014 anime sinced some of it already finished airing (Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus), but I wished to add more list to some who haven't watch.This is based on my choice and from what I have watched. The number isn't from my favorite, but rather, from its airing day, based on AniChart. You can also see some of latest anime list on that site.




1. DRAMAtical Murder - Is very look-alike with its PC game. I already reviewed the first PC game here. Though because it doesn't contain BL scene, it is safer than the game. And the every character's storyline comes to be told in this, I am so much love it. No, not because I love BL (In fact, I will put it far away from my choice), but exactly because the setting, BGM, design are cool. Be sure to love Clear & Ren's route.

2. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - A comedy slapstick of shoujo manga author, Nozaki. This anime provides funny scene, but when we think it in real life, the dialogues does true fact. There is slow development on Nozaki and Chiyo's love relationship, but it's interesting to know more of their character's friend.

3. Ao Haru Ride - In the past, I go away from shoujo manga to be animated. But Ao Haru Ride does gives hearthache while watching. In fact, shoujo manga nowadays always puts heartbreaking scene (ex: L-DK, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji), which I really like because of the sadness/real feelings they put.

4. M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane - It is a continuation from spring release. Although it includes robot/mecha, teh real story is about human psychological matter. There is tiny bit of suspense, but it's just the BGM and background while there is nothing thrilling happened. It lacks comedy and I hate Kasane for her doubtful acts.

5. Re : Hamatora - As far as getting bored in first season, episode 1 & 2 of this is funny. But sadly, after Art appeared, it goes back to boring. I wish I had not watch it in the first place.

6. Bakumatsu Rock - Here it is! The comedy of rock'n roll. Sakamoto Ryouma is rocker to be boy, which dreams on being able to find happiness with rock music. Fresh, but a bit weird. It has good rock songs despite the weird setting & to be bad that their teacher, Shoin-sensei, is already dead.

7. Free! Eternal Summer - It lacks rival than first season. So far, the comedy school-life is in same portion and their new problem is to face the future. Although some new character is introduced, it doesn't affect anything important.

8. Glasslip - This is mainly drama. Don't get excited by the magical setting of hero & heroine can see future. It doesn't affect important matter. In fact, their relationship is very strange, especially the glasses girl is somewhat, wants to be yuri with heroine. And the hero is lacking interaction. He just appears a few times per episode, plus rarely speaks. But it's cute to know more of their future and I always makes fun of every characters dialogue out of the strange words they had.

9. Shirogane no Ishi : Argevollen - I think the concept is quite similar as playing Valkyria Chronicles game. It got many missions to accomplish and lack interaction between character. But it's cool to see the mecha action and how the hero choose to live. Despite lacking relationship and I can't tell why each country have to attack each other (true, they won't tell the storyline until a few episodes), it's quite a good show and sometimes, they will lose, sometimes they will attack in guerrilla mode.

10. Kuroshitsuji : Book of Circus - It just had 10 episodes. I wish they will also make the story after that, voyage scene and took Snake to their company. Anyway, it's quite interesting because of the mystery behind. Kuroshitsuji never fails me. I also amazed because the team really made Sebastian's rape-ing mode to come true.

11. Persona 4 the Golden Animation : Funny! This one word makes everything. It gives me more story of character's life, including very funny scene. Though in latest episode, it tells mystery again as this is Persona series, you know.

12. Tokyo Ghoul - It adapted the manga in weird composition. Sometime, the route is the same, sometime they will put a route in the back. Though it runs fast, the mystery and gore can still be interesting to watch.

13. Zankyou no Terror - I love the non-hero story. But as I see that Nine and Twelve aren't bad, I begin to get bored. Anyway, the hot-bloded storyline is a plus and terrorist matter is rarely used. They also have good brain which I really like.

14. Nobunaga Concerto - Funny and we can see historical matter a bit. It's fun to see how this new Nobunaga acts and he wins though.. Cast are similar to Nobunaga the Fool (ex: Kaji Yuki, Sakurai Takahiro, Koyama Rikiya, etc) are also the cast in the Fool.

15. Shounen Hollywood -Holy Stage for 49- - Quite good story, tells us the hardship of being an idol, but lacks new storyline. Although it is still interesting to know more of their practices and feelings.

16. Sword Art Online II - Boring and boring. This is what all of my impressions are. So don't ask more. I wished they would make more fun and Asuna appeared rarely here. It's like.. watching Kirito flirting with other woman.

17. Barakamon - Comedy again! I love it. The everyday life of young calligraphy artist who deepens his bond with country people. Cute!

18. Sailor Moon Crystal - the latest Sailor Moon remake will have 24 episode that continues this year. I wrote this year, okay? It will end around next year because it happened to air 2-3 weeks per episode. Really weird!


And that's all 18 animes I am (was) watching. Because of that, I neglected playing any games, be it otome game nor RPG. Anyway, I won't watch too many anime again next season to play fair. For fall season, my mine goes to Akatsuki no Yona, fate/stay night : Unlimited Blade Works, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Hitsugi no Chaika : Avenging Battle, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, and Psycho Pass 2. Listing 6 animes is already tired for me. I hope the list won't get huge anymore than this. For OVA, I will wait for Buddy Complex Kanketsu-hen Ano Sora ni Kaeru Mirai de, Bonjour Koi Aji Patisserie, Kuroshitsuji : Book of a Murder, Suisei no Gargantia : Meguru Kouro, Haruka, Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden : Kuinaki Sentaku. Again, I hope the list won't increase much. I'm glad they're all OVA or else, every week is a disaster as this season did.

You May Also Like

0 Comments