Home

Reviews

About Me

Trip to Thailand (Bangkok) Day 1,2,3

by - 8/31/2014 09:29:00 PM

As I've said, I will write about my trip to Bangkok. This was my first trip with friends, that arranged by us as backpackers. We didn't use tour guide and within 8 people, I just knew one of them. She was my co-worker when I was still working at developer company (And of course she knew my ex, because when I was an accountant, she was my cashier, and my ex was our collection). Though it was scheduled, the reality would be different. Let's see my experience on this trip below.


At airport, we met for the first time. There were my friend 'H', 4 of her co-worker at new company, one from H's co-worker's friend, and two of them were husband-wife. So six of us girls were staying in one room, while the husband and wife stayed in one other. Even if I didn't know most of them, it's good to meet new people. Well, in the end, H and 2 of her friends are in good term with me until now. And with this, I'll end the introduction.


The first night, we just came in hotel. Arrived before 9 PM, I took a bath and washed my hair first. Sadly, it's just me who took a bath because they would go to nearby restaurant to eat late dinner. We ate fried big noodle, that I didn't know the name because the seller took a wrong noodle. Our hotel is G9, a very clean hotel. While everyone used blanket as the air conditioner was too cold, it's just me who didn't use anything at all. Well, I thought I'm used to cold weather, but turned out bad. The first night just sleeping 5 hours and got awake at 5 AM! Some of friend followed my habit to wake up between 5-6 AM everyday, some scolded us that we woke her up. Anyway, I couldn't pretend to sleep again after I woke up, so I usually took bath early.

 Sorry for our messy clothes... Mine wasn't in a mess though sinced I slept at bottom right

On the second day, we went to Chatuchak weekend market, near our hotel (G9 is a hotel behind BTS Mo Chit, just cross a bridge then we can see Chatuchak). It's a outdoor market, opens between Friday-Sunday. Many things sold there, from bags, clothes, food, aromathic candles, animals (yes, I saw bunnies and doggies). It's fun but the weather in Bangkok is hotter than Jakarta. Anyway, I bought 2 knitted bags, a skirt, etc I forgot and didn't put any list on things I bought. I also tried mango sticky rice (Khao niaow ma muang), which was very delicious and my friend bought pork satay.


After Chatuchak, we went to Platinum. In Jakarta, we often used Mangga Dua as the center of fashion and electronics. Platinum is similar to Pasar Pagi Mangga Dua, selling Korean-style clothing. There are 2 buildings, the first I went was selling expensive clothes, while the other building was cheaper. In front of Platinum, there is Pratunam, a similar market but outdoor. Though we went to Pratunam on the next day.


The photo above showed the husband and wife I talked before. They sells online clothing so the two of them always goes to market/mall. It made a huge disaster until the last day for us. The wife is an Indian woman, while the husband is from Chinese culture. There, I only bought a cute handbag.

 After Platinum, we went to Big C to buy souvenir. Big C is the same as Carrefour in Indonesia, a big supermarket that sells everything, from snack, beauty care, and vegetables. I bought a few snacks and Nestea sachet to my office mates, two watches, for me and my sister. I bought three earrings outside for 90 Baht all, but it disappeared and I couldn't find it until now. Such a sad thing since they are very cute.


The second day was full of market, walking without sitting, and tiring day. My legs felt numb (even now, while I wrote this after a week, I still feels numb). It's because we walked without sitting. In Bangkok, I rarely seen chair, so eating snack or drinking is a must. First day made me tired and my skin became dry because I rarely drink. We went back to hotel and as always, I washed my hair at night, different from my friends who washed it in the morning.

Third day, some of us went to Chatuchak again. I felt tired so I just went to bath and stayed at hotel with one girl. Until 9 or 10 AM, we went to MBK, again, mall that sells fashion. It's cheaper than Platinum first building, so my friends were happy to go. Though we just ate McD's egg tart (Indonesia doesn't sell egg tart). That's a very cute tart and delicious. We also got to try eating weird and disgusting ice cream, vanilla and black charcoal flavor. Well, even if it looks disgusting and a few Western tourists were laughing at us, we thought it's very delicious.


Because MBK goes near Siam, we tried to go to Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, and Siam Center (It's a huge mall, similar to Grand Indonesia, but there are very close to each other and has a bridge). We just took a sightseeing, because the husband and wife insisted to go, despite our tired legs. Yes, we must follow them around everyday and it hurts my leg. I never had any experience like this, when I didn't have time to eat snack or drinking, sitting for awhile after hours walking. The two of them got our nerves, not just me, but also 4 of us who followed them (Yep, we formed a 4-4 group each time shopping). Although I wanted to buy Garrett Popcorn, we will go there again in Tuesday.


After Siam, we went to Terminal 21. It's again, a mall, with concept of different countries each floor. But I think it's doesn't really interesting. There is no other story after that. The next destination is Mansion 7. We supposed to go to the horror mall, but we took wrong map. This Mansion 7 is a night club, with cocktail to serve, billiard table, and haunted house. Because it's too expensive, we decided not to go inside the haunted house. It's just takes 5 minutes anyway, not worthed.


Because it was raining, we took shelter inside Mansion 7 for an hour and it's very wasting our time. After that, we went back to hotel and took extra sleeping for the next destination, Grand Palace. It's supposed to be temples visit, but again, because of hot weather and husband-wife decision, the schedule were different. Stay with my next post until arrival at Jakarta again.

You May Also Like

0 Comments