Home

Reviews

About Me

Japan Makeup Brands From Thailand

by - 9/02/2014 07:22:00 PM

It's surprisingly easy to write my everyday life and hobbies rather than game review. Of course it is, since I don't need to take time playing a game first then remembering the scene, capturing CGs, and writing on MS Word. For miscellanous reviews like this, just needs some time at office to leisurely create another idea. Moreover, my time of playing otome games was getting hindered by my sister who insisted to watch anime with her every night.


As I've wrote previously, I went to Thailand (Bangkok) for a week. And this is what I have bought on my trip. I won't write about what clothes/bags I bought because it's not that great. Just a normal dress and it's cheap. What I would write is about makeup I bought at Watsons. I rarely goes to Watsons in my country because most of it are filled with Western brands/made in Indonesia, which I don't really like. The brands will makes my skin/lips dry, some like Garnier BB Cream makes my face feels hot when applying. They are cheaper and exactly not cute/classy. All makeup packagings in our Watsons are unattractive, dull, and same between brands. Okay, you can blame me for not loving Indonesian products but it's true that they're unsuitable for me and that is what made me refuse to try makeup until I found Korean/Japanese cute packaging & moist products, in my last university days.

So, let's go to my review about Japanese makeup brands that I bought during my trip.


1. Kanebo KATE Mineral BB Gel Cream
First one, I will review my Kanebo KATE BB Gel Cream. This wasn't my first BB cream, as I've been using Etude House's Precious Mineral Cotton Fit first (Yup, Cotton Fit is my first, followed by Bright Fit). Previously, I bought from my sister's figurine supplier, which was very expensive. It doubled the Etude Precious Mineral's online price, with half of Etude's size tube.

What the website promoted are protecting skin and covering visible pores, moisturizing ingredients, water-soluble collagen, alcohol-free, and fragrance-free (these last two, I am sure and proved it). I think I can use OC-B  (OC means ochre) shade, which is lighter than OC-C, but for Japanese products, I tends to wants it natural finish. So I chose middle shade, rather than the light one. I think there is just slightly differences between OC-B and OC-C. My friend, whose skin seemed darker than me, can use OC-B in light application too. Texture is gel, so it's thick in color but when applied, it's match skintone perfectly.

It's the picture from my first KATE BB gel cream. I'm too lazy to take another picture on new one and the case already broken because I put it below my clothes at my trip to Bangkok (of course it's check-in baggage, but the tube is alright).

What I love from KATE BB Gel Cream is its natural, almost matte finish. I chose matte over dewy because it's like using normal powder. Even though my skin is very dry, dewy finish tends to makes it oily after a few hours and it's gross. Well, although in some occasion, I will choose dewy finish BB cream, ex: party. Again, I love it more than Etude House and Korean BB cream. It can't be compared to Cotton Fit, since Cotton Fit isn't all matte for me. I can see a slight shiny skin after applying it. And I'm too lazy to apply loose powder after BB cream, it taken too much work (Again, I am lazy). Coverage is medium, but it's buildable. I can cover my black spots (after acne) after applying 2-3 times in little ammount.


2. Kanebo KATE Mineral Powder Foundation
I read a few review about KATE's powderless liquid for cover foundation, a creamy foundation which can turn to powder-like matte finish after applied on skin, and had been eye-ing that product. Sadly, when I went to Watsons, my eyes couldn't see that product and found the powder foundation one. Without thinking, I put that inside my hands and pay it. And when I had arrived in hotel, I took it inside my suitcase without checking. Then, after I arrived at home, I realised it's in refill! I don't have the case and I don't see it with case anyway. Then I checked a few KATE's products on Watsons overseas and found out they sells it separately. Okay, in the end, I put the powder plastic case with its sponge inside plastic bag. Of course I won't make it dirty and won't bring it outside house. It's a foundation anyway, it can lasts long.


I have tried it yesterday and be very happy to bought it. The sponge, it's in same structure as my Pigeon two way cake powder, but I think KATE is softer. I bought shade OC-B because I thought a powder would look darker than a BB cream. It fits me perfectly and lasts long about more than 9 hours after I put Etude's Face Conditioning Cream below my KATE. Coverage for this powder foundation is almost similar to a pressed powder, even though it can also cover my dark spots. Almost similar to its BB gel cream, but it's lighter.



3. KOSE Fasio Shade Trick Eyes
I wanted brown shade eyeshadow, but when I saw the half price tag, I needed to try the BL-2 in blue. What's wrong with me? BL is supposed to be blue, but I thought it's black, when it must be BK... Anyway, I noticed the color is blue while searching on internet about this eyeshadow. This is my first eyeshadow and it's to the point of 4 colors including 2 highlighters & 2 shadows. Sponge brush applicator is included, very small indeed.


And what have I done with the black thought while applying?? The second shade from right is indeed blue! Why I thought it was grey? Stupid of me. The application is a bit tricky for newbie like me. It can be very dark on my eyes, different from what I imagined from Japan's eyeshadow. I thought I had read something mentioned it would be sheer. But this eyeshadow isn't like that. See this picture when I applied it for the first time (sorry if it's messy because it's my first time applying shading eyeshadow):


Okay, this is the how-to-use (I edited a bit when applied on my eyes because if I applied many shadow on lower eyeline, it would be scary):


This eyeshadow is waterproof. The picture when I wore it, my face was in full sweat and after washing my face. There's water ripples in small ammount and the eyeshadow didn't smudge. A good quality indeed.


4. Canmake Creamy Touch Rouge
I  bought this in #01 Marshmallow Pink. I was quite overwhelmed by Marshmallow Pink or #02 Misty Orange. #2 isn't quite orange. I would say it's more to a coral and very cute. As for the 3rd one, Sweet Cherry, I had 2 bold color Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse, so I'd pass on red. And I remember when I made lipstick post, I mentioned there were many coral color lipsticks for me, so I chose pink again.


The lipstick is very creamy. But it's moist and sometimes, my lines can appear well, especially if my lips is already dry. Because it's rouge, the color will appear more. Though colorwise, it's very cute. This is my application on lips:


The cold color makes me remember of Laneige Silk Intense Lipstick SYR36 Beige Chiffon but this one is more pink. I regret not buying the orange one...


That's all my review on what I've bought in Bangkok. I wished I will find more Japanese brands in the future.

You May Also Like

0 Comments