Home

Reviews

About Me

Go On My First Overseas Trip with Friends

by - 8/20/2014 03:50:00 PM

I usually didn't go on a trip with friend, especially overseas. You know, my only overseas trip was more than 20 years ago with family. Then, I just took on trip locally with families and from school. This trip to Thailand however, had been scheduled sinced November last year. I had bought the airplane ticket, the hotel was booked from December, etc.

On this trip, I only knew my friend from the old office (before I had moved to the office near my house), just her. And the rest 6 people, I haven't even talked with them. Four of them were my friend's new officemates and the two were from their side (that even my friend doesn't know too). We were tight on budget and going on almost for a week. We will go from August 22nd to August 29th dawn. Okay, it's my birthday and I don't even care about it. I'm just excited to visit a new country and experiencing new situation, with my own money from working.


I haven't learn any Thai language and this will be a huge disadvantage for me. I won't be able to communicate well with locals, even to get a discounted price. But I hope with my English, I will be able to find some help there. Anyway, it'll be a whole new experience sinced I don't even know who are my trip mates and how they'll work with me on this adventure. We didn't even hiring a tour guide. My friend's mates were the one who arranged where we will be visiting then I searched on net about that places. Seems fun, you know, if mostly not to mall.

My schedule for day 1 is departing from Indonesia at 16.35 and might be arrived at 20.00 in Don Mueang, Bangkok. Time for rest on day 1. My schedule for day 2 : Chatuchak (our hotel is near Chatuchak), Platinum, Pratunam, Big C. Day 3 : Chatuchak (again?), Terminal 21, Mansion 7 (horror) mall, Ratchayotin Night Market. Day 4 will be for temples : Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Khao San Road, Asiatique Night Market. On day 5, we will go to : Siam Ocean World, Madame Tussaud Museum, MBK mall. For Wednesday, I don't know the exact schedule, but it might be to Siam Paragon mall, Chocolate Ville. The last day on Thursday...unscheduled yet. Maybe to some market or mall again until night then we will go back to Indonesia. I will arrived at 12.25 AM on 29th, that's my birthday.

This is uncheduled trip, so it will boring, especially sinced there are many girls. We will be shopping and shopping, so don't expect we will go to night club, ping pong show, or ladyboys bars etc (Although I want to see it myself, I don't want to pay. Urgh.. My age is already sufficient to try that, huh? I never go to a place like that even in Indonesia). But I will take many pictures to commemorate my first "alone" backpacking trip with mostly unknown people. Though I won't be able to write the history of all places because I don't have a guide and you can search on Google. I will be going to Bangkok only, since we don't like beach (Phuket or Pattaya). It's heaven for me because I like mountains more than beaches. This trip is paid by me, there's no sponsorship (from family nor company). See you next week!


NB: Kagimoto Akira (Lead, Pony Canyon) birthday is today! August 20th. Happy birthday, Ak-kun!! My favorite male single/actor (Watch his role in Bussen drama).

You May Also Like

0 Comments