Home

Reviews

About Me

Bunnies' World

by - 8/05/2014 03:41:00 PM


Bunny or rabbit or whatever we name it, is a mammal. They lives mostly by digging soil to be their home in wild, not in group though. But what I wanted to write is not a wild rabbit. It is basically my experinces to take care of them, what I knows about them, what is their like and dislike. Anyway, I have been living with bunnies for 20++ years now and I like taking care of them, more than a dog and cat.



Right now, I lives with 'Mochi', a female bunny. She is very clever and also rude and naughty. Her appearance color is mostly like a Dutch species with mixing of some race that makes her fur isn't oily. Now, what did I know about Dutch? Dutch species has a wide range of color, with pattern similar to my Mochi, except they don't have the dots part on the waist. If I touch Dutch's fur, it will be oily, soft, and shiny. Their main color is white with patterns in different color and it can be anything from brown, black, red, grey, etc. My loves is for bunny with Dutch race because in their baby size, they are so small that looks like a doll. Let's see the picture of the real Ducth below:

It was my 'Wawa', already died though. Ducth's bunny has strong-build body, smaller head than their body.

Let's move to Fuzzy Lop. Lop bunny is a race with turn-down ear on their side. But fuzzy one is connected to its fuzzy fur. You can search the wikipedia for this. But what I mostly found is Fuzzy Lop than another race of Lop. They are cute like bunny doll, chubby, and their eyes are mostly seeing things deep without expression. It makes them more to doll-like face. What the seller taught me is when Lop bunny still small, their ears won't always turn down. One ear might be upside and it won't look balancing each other. But as they grew older, the ears would turn down. Here is the example of my Fuzzy Lop bunny a year ago:

I've experinced cases when I bought some kind of bunny I didn't know. It might be English Spot, so I'll write it from what I know. From my experience, English Spot has white color and they has black or brown spots on their white canvas. The fur is soft, but similar to Lionhead/Angora, but I think it's much softer. They looks cute with the spot in side with their mouth (mostly, not every bunny). And I had 2 or 3 bunnies like this. They have good behavior, unlike Ducth, and calm. Here is the pict:

I think it's English Spot. Did you see any difference and can tell me if I was wrong?

After English Spot, it might be fun to talk about Rex. It is surprisingly not what I wanted from a bunny. The fur is short, soft, but thick (you can see a furcoat). The head is small and not that cute. Rex's personality is very agile, which uses its leg the most to kick. Be careful when holding a Rex for its high kick. This is what my Rex looks like a few years ago:

His bone on left leg is being fractured, so you can see it's turn weird. Might be because of a cat or what, but me and mom took care of it. He got bleeding badly at night when I brought it inside house but well, he lived until he could marry a female one.

Now the most common rabbit in my country is Lionhead. It is similar to Angora, but the fur is straight ahead. It's soft, not as soft as Dutch and Rex though, and it's hard to maintain because it can curls. When it's the time to change fur, this kind of bunny will creates dust anywhere by its fur (My Mochi also creates many dusts). Angora is also common, but I like to buy Lionhead instead. Personality is somewhat prideful, can sleep with the I called 'dignified face'. See my Lionhead bunny:

Please bear with the dirt. Well, pets are also living creature right? She's my Lionhead with her babies. The only living one is this:

Which turned adult like this:

It's like that. I had a few different kinds of bunny after this, but I mostly don't know what kind of it. I just bought what look cute. But I love bunnies and it's fun to raise them. See Mochi here:

She was sulking when being tortured (played) by the Chihuahua.. Speaking of Chihuahua, my Chh died a week after I bought it because of Parvo virus. The pet shop didn't raise it healthy and already got the virus. Parvo can make diarrhea and vomitting to a dog, because it attacks stomach until it's bleeding. So in some cases, the dog will vomit blood. Although my 'Luna' just vomitting yellow liquid. There are only a very few cases which the dog can survive.

Mochi is full of expressions. She mostly sulking and getting angry by human. But she likes male human. Mochi will follow the male human so they can pat her head. If my family eats, she will stand up then jump to us to give her some food. That's why she can eat anything from meat to cookies. My old bunnies also behaving the same too. They were already gotten used to human food. Well, because we always uses plactic for food packaging (cookies and bread), my bunnies will follows the sound. It can be use when we want to call them through plastic sound. Mochi can jump full of joy (Did you ever see a bunny jump full of joy? It's like dramatisizing the jump step by step) when she received the food she likes (ex: banana peeling, yup).

One of the coolest of Mochi's ability is she won't get afraid of the cat who always comes to my house. She will acts strong and prideful to drive it away. But not all cat. Some stray cats makes her hide below the sofa. She already bites a few remote TVs, my phone chargers, and earphones. Look at my cable TV remote control:

The buttons... It disappeared by her bitting. My LCD TV remote is also destroyed in the same manner. Then I already bought 5 same kind of earphones because it's being bitten by bunnies.

Mochi is a clean-freak bunny. She won't pee-ing inside her cage and won't make it dirty. Instead, after we released her from cage, she will pee below the kitchenware. What a jerk bunny!

Raising pets can be tricky and disappointing and fun, but without it, I don't think I can be who I am now. I'm not afraid of animals, I likes it so much, and I will raise my pets with all my might. I also brought Luna to a veterinarian twice before she died. Then giving her medicine once every 3 hours, when tomorrow I must go to work. I'll do everything for my pets even if it's tiring or saddening. Unlike most of my friends who didn't like pet, didn't have the urge to go to a zoo, or seeing pet as virus (Yep. some people saw pet as carriers of the virus) etc, I would be happy to see many kinds of animal. Let's raise hope for our future pets and take good care of their needs, not only as animal without feelings, but as our friend.

You May Also Like

0 Comments