Home

Reviews

About Me

Syoss Curl Control Bouncy Whip

by - 12/15/2014 03:10:00 PM

I bought another hair tools, which is Syoss Bouncy Whip from Curl Control range. It's because for natural, loose curl, I couldn't keep my hair for all day. With Glampalm GP225 AL, it's true it can hold rich curl for hours. But it's different when I wanted loose curl. For 15 minutes curling my hair, the curl will just stands for 20 minutes. What a waste! So, I need something to make it stand for a long time. I thought to buy Kao Liese Iron Make Collection Rich Curl because I read good reviews about it, but it's hard to find in my country (blame Indonesia again, for rarely using & distributed Asian products) and all of online shop is out of stock for this product. Oh well, I'm still waiting for Ma Cherie Curl Lotion & Decoration Keep Spray, so I thought to try another product.



This product costs for around USD 4.08 for 150ml at local Guardian (Ugh, I couldn't find it on nearby Guardian and found that around 16,1 km away from my house!). It supposed to hold bouncy curls and can be used to recreate curl and revives perm. I was a bit confused to choose between Bouncy Whip or Airy Curl in cream type, but I picked the whip type. As its name, the texture is white whipping bubble, soft, a little bit fragrancy (this stands for 1-2 hours after application), a bit sticky but won't left anything after drying. Although it's a bit sticky when applied, it won't make it stiff.

I used this Bouncy Whip after curling my hair with Glampalm straightener. It dries pretty quick and no need to wait long until you can go outside. But what disappointing me is, it can't hold the curl! My hair is the hard-type for curling even if it's thick. I can't do loose and natural curl as long as my hair is still this hard-to-tame. For smell, I dislike it, but I can bear with it. The smell is not flowery, but typical hairspray product, although it smells only a little bit chemical and it's not too strong for my nose (For notice, I can't stand perfume smell and can gets dizzy by it).

I had used Bouncy Whip twice and it really couldn't hold my curl. After curling, I quickly went to work. Of course by walking outside, my hair got distracted by strong wind and polluted air by vehicles. When I arrived at the office, around 10 minutes from my home, my hair was still curly. Although I noticed that my hair at the back was losing its curl. And after 20 minutes from home, when I checked on mirror, I couldn't see the curl anymore, except for my front layer which is shorter than my back hair. It's disappointing since I thought Syoss product can hold its name as economical salon choice. But although I think I won't buy their styling product anymore, I guess its shampoo & conditioner can hold up to its name. Well, it's my experience. Might be better for different people, because I point it out that I have thick and dry hair, which is hard to be styled.

You May Also Like

0 Comments