Home

Reviews

About Me

BEYOND Glow Finish Stick #01 Pink Finish

by - 2/03/2016 07:15:00 PM

I wanted to try BEYOND since they opened a store in Central Park Mall, West Jakarta (1 or more years ago). But because my sister doesn't care about makeup store, I couldn't enter their official store here. Until last time, when I was with my friends, we were happily went inside the store for a long time (even though the employees should prepare to close). I think the official store gives decent price for its product, unlike Etude House. I wanted to buy their Alice in Glow Lip and Cheek #04, but sadly, they have yet to sell it here. So I bought the Glow Finish Stick, together with one of my best friend, for Rp 179.000,-.


This is what I wanted a few months ago, a highlighting stick-type. I have my MUJI Loose Powder Pressed Type in Lucent White and KATE Slim Create Powder for highlighter. But I haven't had a stick type yet. I'm very curious about it, after watching many Korean tutorials for contouring. They usually used a stick type for dewy finish, rather than a powder type. I think powder type is often used in Japan for non-sticky feelings. Either way, I think I will use them properly based on my needs.


For this Glow Finish Stick introduction, I took a picture from its official web:


This stick highlighter has two variants, the pink finish and natural (beige) finish. Of course I would prefer the pink finish for girly-cute look (wtf). Anyway, I have tried using it at the store and think it's a decent highlighting stick. 3CE is a bit expensive and hard to get, so I'd rather grab what's in front of me. Yes, I supposed to buy 3CE's Bright Beam Stick Pink but it's very expensive for just a stick.


Its packaging is very simple. A white box and written text of its name, Glow Finish Stick. The stick tube itself is also in white color and simple text. Don't forget BEYOND logo on it. Its logo depicts the natural ingredients it has. Well, it's just a simple design tube.

Expired year is still 2017.

I can smell a nice & smooth scent coming from the stick, powdery-scented. But it will disappear once applied. The highlighting stick color is pale pink, with glitters. When blending it on face, it feels a little bit dry. But don't worry. The cream is easy to blend and won't leave any trace, like unblended parts.


The stick is quiet long enough for years usage, considering I don't use highlighter for everyday makeup.

This is the swatch on the back of my hand. A shimmery pink glitter can be seen, but looks unnatural because too thick.

The glow is cracky because I have not blend it yet. But it is dry (chalky) indeed. Although can be blended and create natural finish.

The blended BEYOND Glow Finish Stick on my face:

I think once the cream is blended, the glitters won't be noticeable on the photo. For sure, I swatched too much on my triangle cheek zone and still created natural glow. I used the Glow Finish stick after putting on my Kiss Me Heroine Make Protect UV BB.

For my face, I would blend it with finger or sponge for natural finish. I've tried wearing this Glow Finish Stick before powder and it has glittery finish, but not sticky. The second attempt, I tried wearing this highlighter below my Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion. It gives a bit glowy cheek, not glittery. But because the Cover Powder Cushion itself is very thick, I think the highlighter can't be seen well compared to when I used powder. The third attempt (or demo?), I put it after my Kiss Me Heroine Make Protect UV BB Cream. Surprisingly, this Glow Finish Stick stays for a long time without melting. I could wear it from 7.30 AM to 9.30 PM without any worries because it stayed well on my BB cream.


On these two pictures (just lighting differences), I used Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion as my base makeup. Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion won't give me that glowy face because it is matte. It's all thanks to BEYOND Glow Finish Stick #01 Pink Finish.


My thoughts for BEYOND Glow Finish Stick #01 Pink Finish:
+ Cheap price.
+ Gives natural shine.
+ Easy to use, just blend.
+ Nice scent, not over-scented.
+ Travel-friendly packaging, the stick is not too thick.
- A bit dry on the surface, but still easy to blend.
- Even though it can give natural glow when applied before powder, I dislike the glittery finish from up close.



Overall, I think Glow Finish Stick is not too expensive, perfect for those who want natural finish without over-sticky oily cream highlighter. A newbie for contouring can use it because it's easy to blend despite the dry-balmy texture. As for me, I will keep using it cause I want to try venturing to the heart of strobbing and will keep searching for the way I can use this BEYOND Glow Finish Stick perfectly.

You May Also Like

0 Comments