Home

Reviews

About Me

Glampalm Pro GP225AL for Straightening & Curling

by - 11/24/2014 12:07:00 PM

Uh, it's my first branded iron. I had a straightener, a cheap one to be exact, and it wouldn't last for an hour effect. Twice or a few more, I never (won't) use it anymore. Now that I've worked, I need a better one. I also got tired of my (not) straight hair, which often waves a bit because of sleeping position or naughty hair. I wanted to try curling my hair, but not in permanent way, because I also love my straight hair. I had set an eye on BabyLiss Pro Miracurl Perfect Curl, will curling hair in just a few seconds without overly playing my hands. But many have said it would easily stuck hair inside the curling, this also well said by the clerk store I went to (Best Denki). I'm also afraid I can't styled the curl because it uses machine.

Taken from its website with a few changes

 So she told me to use Glampalm instead Miracurl. At first, she introduced me to price USD 85.33 which is good enough, I think. but after I asked if they have another great one, she introduced the 1" (inch) Pro GP225AL for around USD 187.43. Me and my sister were shocked by how it curled my hair with shine. My sister also needs that to straightening her wavy (messy) hair. More info about Glampalm, you can visit their website.

Glampalm is produced by Korea company, Unil Electronics Co,. Ltd. Their products also made in Korea and I believes the originality. Its famous technology is healing stone infused ceramic coating which helps to smooth hair while gliding the iron. I'm amazed by how it makes my hair shiny and keeps it smooth when I curled my hair, I can see the differences with USD 85 type. For more info about its function, visit this site. The cabel also can be rotated in any degrees, it won't stuck, I swear. The finish look is amazing, shiny and not messy. Even if I haven't comb my hair and just using heat protector oil, it's not stuck-in. Well, the clerk said it's not necessary to put heat protector, but I guess I must prevent anything.

The GP225AL can be used for hair mask. The plastic cover for iron is available during purchasing and it must stick to the iron plate for using it on wet hair or when hair mask-ing. I saw a view videos from Youtube about how to use this Glampalm for different purposes. And I also got a CD for how to use, even though the only review are only in two videos from more than 10 (What a waste. Most of the inside videos are just advertisement). The highest heat is 200 and vibrate mode can be used for treatment and for beautiful finish.

I mainly use on 150-170 heat because I have thick & dry hair. But I don't want to damage my hair through over-heating process, so I won't use 200, 190 is the most. But the website said that 200 won't give damage to hair, until 215 is the highest. So anyone who'd prefer higher heat, you don't need to be worry. For safety, it will shutdown in 30 minutes too, won't waste too much electricity. Well, in the picture below, you can see my curly hair with this curling iron. It gives shiny effect, even if my hair is dry, you know? I even had slept before going out and this picture was taken after I went back home in 2-3 hours outdoor without hair spray.

Yes, you can see my eyebags! Hahaha, it gets worsen after lack of sleep. I used Etude Face Conditioning Cream, Pigeon two way cake powder in lightest shade, and NIVEA Vitamin Shake Lipbalm. Quite an easy makeup. I didn't use eyeliner too. My hair is shiny right?

I don't want to use it for my short bangs because it will go stiff and unnatural. Or is it because I have not yet getting used to using an iron? Anyway, I'm still learning to make natural curl, but it's a bit hard because my layered hair. Sorry that the picture above isn't showing any great technic in using the curler. And then, how about straightening? This is my picture using Glampalm for straightening and volumizing hair:

I used Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion, Kanebo KATE BB Gel Cream, Canmake Strong Eyes Liner, Coffret D'or Color Blush Pink, Etude Kissfull Lip Care Lipbalm, Canmake Creamy Touch Rouge 01 Marshmallow Pink.

Uh, I volumized it a bit throughout straightening, but it's not as good as professional does. I was late for work so I did it very quick. The front & short layer, I gave a little tilt inside, but too bad my hands were still pretty stiff. It doesn't do a good result for now. But you can see it does gives straight finish above tilting hair. It also works in a long time as I'm working without putting on hair spray (I still haven't buy a hair spray because I want a nice smell one. I might purchase Shiseido Ma Cherie Decoration Keep Spray next month for I've believed in all their products would have nice floral/fruity fragrance). For heat protector, I purchased L'oreal Extraordinary Oil which can be used as hair mask, heat protector, and styling. I don't know if it have good effect for now, but it's better to prevent over-heat to my hair.

Okay, my review for Glampalm in exact words are FABULOUS! This is the first iron curling/straightener I've ever bought but I heard many good reviews too. It's safer than Miracurl without getting stuck and it makes hair shiny & smooth. It also can be functioning as hair mask heater with 100-200 degree Celcius heat temperature, plus clinical temperature for hair mask. It's also vibrating to gives treatment. Very useful and it can be brought to any country with dual voltages. I guess my choice was right and thanks to the clerk who has introduced me to great styling product. It's also still original made in Korea, a country which all the girls have shiny & smooth hair. I believes the works! Sadly, in Indonesia, it doesn't give hairclips bonuses as in other countries (well, as if I can believe Indonesian will put on bonus or they took it before selling).

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Hello dear, it doesn’t look like a curler, how I can use it for curling hair. Actually I also want to buy best curling irons without spending unnecessary money. That is why I am looking for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many videos on Youtube which can give best explanation on "how to curl hair with a straightener". I also learnt from there with trial and error. But of course curling with curling iron and straightener will give different result. Some might like it with a straightener and some might be convenient using a curling wand. But with buying a straightener, I can make use for straightening hair and also for curling. You can see my about picture for different result of loose curl than in this post.

    ReplyDelete