Home

Reviews

About Me

Canmake GOKUBUTO Mascara 01 Super Black

by - 4/28/2015 03:30:00 PM

Another review from Canmake! This time, I bought its mascara, GOKUBUTO series. Gokubuto (極太) means thick, so it's specialty is to make volume. It's the most famous mascara from Canmake and many good reviews about it. I must buy new mascara because my Etude 3 Step Volumecara already dried up (almost 2 years). Although truthfully, I wanted to try Maybelline mascara, but seeing the The Rocket was sold out at Guardian drugstore, my eyes went to Canmake again. Yes, it's the Guardian which I saw Kiss Me Heroine Make logo (I had even asked the employee if it would come in near days because I can't wait anymore). By the way, I just have three mascaras now, with Etude's one being prepared to be thrown away (KATE Black Feather Lash is one of them).



GOKUBUTO mascara have two colors, which are 01 Super Black and 02 Antique Chocolat Rose, but I've watched YouTube tutorial a year ago and someone used a blue mascara from this series too (maybe already out of stock now). The tube design for black mascara is simply text, but the brown mascara one is very lovely with flowers. I would like to try the brown one if it's available here because I have seen a tutorial using that color. It's natural and a bit red although it's brown. For the advertising preview of this mascara, check Canmake's GOKUBUTO website page.

Most of Canmake's mascara tube is in pink color, except the latest Flaring Curl Mascara. It's very girlish, fancy, and eye-catching. The GOKUBUTO tube is chubby and have short wand. For news, there are GOKUBUTO (thick), GOKUNOBI (extending), and GOKUMORI (blooming-bushy) mascara available here at the moment. It will surelly added up with new type, I'm sure. The GOKUNOBI and GOKUMORI only have one black color, despite GOKUBUTO have two.


Cute and eye-catchy colors & design! Black text written on bright pink color is very intimidating (to grab on).


Actually, I'm very bad at using mascara. Sometimes it would get messy (black cream on my crease) or my lashes wouldn't get curly. Yeah right, that's the reason I didn't buy too many mascara. The only big result I got is from KATE Black Feather Lash, which extended long enough lashes, but also can get very messy. Hey, it's Black Feather Lash specialty, to not get natural lashes, but dramatic one. As for GOKUBUTO, it will gives thicker lashes and curling effect.

Picture of its wand. Because it's supposed to make thicker eyelash, the wand is fat, not thin.

So, after seeing the mascara itself, how about when I wear it? This mascara claims to not impose a burden on eyelashes. Is it supposed to be...unheavy? For me, wearing any mascara is heavy enough. But of course Black Feather Lash is the heaviest I have. GOKUBUTO itself isn't too heavy or sticky. But as usual, I'm bad at using it. The mascara is waterproof and it's still there after 7 hours working (Still have 2 hours more before going home). This is the result of when I used GOKUBUTO Mascara:



See? It makes my lashes thicker than the real one. But not long enough to be seen. Well, I grab it to stock my volume-type mascara, so it's obvious. This is what I wanted and I'm pretty satisfied with the result. It's also easier to use and remove compared to my KATE Black Feather Lash. So, the last picture is again, me:

The lighting is different. Anyway, I used Rohto Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk, KATE Mineral Powder Foundation, Coffret D'or Full Smile Eyes Apricot Beige, Canmake GOKUBUTO Mascara Black, and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 225 Sultry.

In this picture, I used Rohto Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk, Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream, Tony Moly Cat's Wink Clear Pact, Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner N Black, Canmake GOKUBUTO Mascara Black, Rohto Mentholatum Lip on Lip Lipbalm, Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick Cosy Tangerine.

You May Also Like

0 Comments