Home

Reviews

About Me

Samsung Galaxy E5 Newbie Selfie Camera Review

by - 3/09/2015 04:19:00 PM

To be truth, my main smartphone is LG G2 (D802) that I've been using sinced almost a year ago. It has 13MP back camera and 2.1MP front camera and True HD-IPS screen type. HD screen is a competitor for (Super) AMOLED (mainly used by Samsung). I never wrote any review of smartphone before, but it's okay than not writing for a month, right? It can relieve my stress too, to talk about something I want to. Sorry, this blog is becoming more of a diary. E5 is like a better version of A3, which already released last year. Below is the picture of Samsung Galaxy E5 overall.


The body is very thin & light. Up front, just one "Home" button. On the left side, there is volume button (up & down). Right side, there are 1 start-turn off button and 2 sim card slots/dual sim card (one of them can be used as microSD slot). Mine is in this black color, with silver metal on its side (Only two colors available in Indonesia-black & white, although there's also brown in global).

My mother have used Samsung older version (not smartphone and used Qwerty keyboard) and truthfully, I don't like the screen. It's too bright and over-saturated, also makes the color ruptured. When my sister bought Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 repetitively, it became clean, though also bright. But I think the two are much better than their older version (obviously).

I had compared Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG G2 screen color and I chose my LG better because my eyes felt hurt of the bight contrast (Yeah, you know I have astigmatism and myopia so I have trouble seeing far texts, too small, and too bright). And I love how LG G2's screen can show bright, but natural color. Although I know that it can't push the real black color because its HD screen. HD can also fasten the use of battery's life. Anyway, I decided to buy Samsung for my second sim card. I don't have any choice because my Sony Xperia Go's touchscreen was broken and Blackberry Armstrong is too stupid for me. It doesn't let me use Whatsapp because I didn't pay BB package.

I love that fur wallet I bought from Daiso! Fluffy and soft. I chose black because my LG G2 is already in white case.

Although I have been living based on technology (I know how to open a CPU or changing a CD to DVD writer, or even a VGA), I don't particularly have many problems if the screen or speed is normal. So I don't have complaints even though I've read some people don't like the color of Samsung Galaxy E5's screen and camera, or the CPU speed. The 5 inch monitor size is enough for me to type with my fat fingers. And it's also very thin, very light in weight. I know most of my reader here is female, so I won't talk about the CPU, 16GB internal memory, dual sim card, 16 million colors Super AMOLED, and etc. I know you will prefer the camera, especially the front, which already 5MP! Right? I will try my best to make a review of its camera, especially for selfie purposes (But truthfully, I'd just do selfie if it's to make a post about cosmetic).

Let's see, I will review the back 8MP camera first. It's quite large for a smartphone, although Samsung Galaxy S5 already have ultra high 16MP. For mid level user, 8MP is already fine. I can't even compare 16MP and 13MP of my LG with my sister's S5, rather than its color. LG G2's result is darker than S5, but even though S5 is brighter, it's also blurred the line. As for E5, the back camera looks dark, hardly to catch good color in place without lighting. Below is comparison photo indoor within Samsung Galaxy E5 8MP back camera and LG G2 13MP back camera:

Of course Galaxy E5 have smaller picture size, but I enlarged it so it will be able to be compared with bigger size picture. So far, there's nothing different between those, huh? But you can see the black cloth on left side (It's banner from my office but I never seen it). For LG G2, it is softer because it's in large size and can capture smaller dots. For color, I think Samsung is brighter, right?

Now for selfie (sorry, I don't have time for outdoor photo). Remember that LG G2 only has 2MP while Samsung E5 has 5MP size:

Already got 5MP front camera, Samsung E5 is brighter and showed up true color of my hair. While LG G2 2MP front camera just shows a blurred picture color, with no real saturation. My pupils also showed brighter with Samsung E5.

 Aaand, let's see the back camera for selfie result:

For back camera, I think LG G2 has smoother finish for skin (I don't use any filter for all these pictures). But again, as I've told you, Samsung has brighter color. Whilst LG G2 have bold finishing, Samsung gives brighter effect for my hairclip. If you can't see any differences, save the picture and you can see the real resolution.

So choose wisely. I myself, already satisfied with Samsung Galaxy E5 because it used up the latest technology for selfie. If I have to use its front camera, I just have to show my hand palm and it will count to take a picture. Also, I think it claims to have wide selfie menu to use with friends, although I haven't use it (nor found the menu-www~). Samsung Galaxy E5 already good enough for someone who uses smartphone just for its chatting function, although not to play games. For 1.2Ghz Quad-core CPU, I think it will be too much to play 3D games. But can be used to store many datas because the memory card slot is up to 64GB!

Truhfully, I bought this just 3 days after the launching in Indonesia, which means 2 days ago. The store had just prepared the model at the same day I bought it. Of course it's too quick to say, but I feel satisfied just by grabbing it. But my only problem is, too light weighted. It seems I will throw it if I don't grab it strongly (You can tell that I'm using a man's strenght). For upgrade version, try Galaxy E7 with better CPU and 5.25 inch screen. Other specs are same with E5. Samsung Galaxy E5 price is around USD 269.23 (Calculate it with Rp 13.000,-. It will be an inflation! I hope not). You see, I'd rather buy smartphone, camera, or new laptop than buy over-priced cosmetics (a.k.a. high-end department store brand), although I want it! Oh yeah, even thought it's dual sim card, I'm just using one since I have the other sim card on LG. And sorry, the review is full of my photo. Please refer back to selfie function on title.

Bonus (taken indoor with Samsung Galaxy E5 back camera)
Yep, I hate those eyes. Seems like she will eat people.

You May Also Like

0 Comments