Home

Reviews

About Me

Base : Etude House Beaty Shot Face Blur, Foundation : Kanebo KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover

by - 3/12/2015 12:13:00 PM

For you who have read my previous cosmetic reviews, must have known that mostly I uses Etude House for Korean brand, and Kanebo KATE for Japanese brand. Etude House often launches cute packaging and colorful shade variations makeup so it's chosen by most women. As for KATE, most of people will know Kanebo, right? But some of you didn't know that similar to Amore Pacific Korea, Kanebo also distributed their makeup products unto different brands. In drugstore, there are KATE, Lavshuca, Allie, Coffret D'or, etc based on function and age target. While for mature woman, they have Lunasol, Impress, etc in department store and of course, with higher price. I love Shiseido's haircare product, it's different for cosmetic. I'd prefer Kanebo than Shiseido because mostly, Shiseido's products are great for eye makeup, but not too famous for base. And I don't play much on eye makeup-means I'm just using arranged 4-5 eyeshadow palettes without playing with colors from other big palette. I should've tried more on big palette eyeshadow and may buy famous big palette such as thebalm Nude 'Tude or NAKED?


Continuing from above, I would like to introduce this KATE first before talking about how I find mixing these two products will be great. KATE is mostly known in South East Asia because it have yellow-ish shade on their bases, rather than most East Asia's brand that comes in grey-ish tone. KATE is also known for their beautiful brown / nude eyeshadow that fits most Asian undertone. Although it also produces in many colors, but look at Brown Shade Eyes. It has the name "brown", which makes all of its palette color mainly have brown shade. The model for KATE right now is Kuroki Meisa, a singer, actress, and model, which has beautiful yellow undertone skin. Fits the brand theme perfectly, right?


Because KATE have yellow based makeup, it is chosen by many Asean's women. It gives natural color for them, different than most Korean brand that will gives of a white porcelain doll's face color. I myself, chose KATE because it truly gives matte finish for its foundation and the BB cream isn't as oily as Korean. Although for my skintone itself, it's too yellow and will look rather funny to see my face with bare legs' skin (because if I use short pants / skirt, my leg is whiter than my face-blame me for always using pants to work). With very fair makeup, I don't have problem showing my legs. But I would still prefer KATE's base makeup for its real matte finish (You see, I've always blaming Etude's Cotton Fit BB cream which don't have matte finish and often makes shiny forehead, please refer to Cotton Fit and KATE BB Gel cream for real comparison and you must try KATE BB Gel Cream first before commenting).

I have said that I like KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover because it matty-ing my skin, right-review here? But truthfully, there's a little problem I have on this product. I can't wear it on my bare dry skin so I must use base / moisturizer first. I've tried wearing Powderless Liquid under a few base I have, such as Etude House Face Conditioning Cream or Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk. But none worked well. After a few hours application (I think around 3-4 hours), the skin around the line will get patchy, especially my smile lines and around my nose. Not because of oil, but the base makeup didn't work perfectly to hold this Powderless Liquid Foundation.

Thankfully, I bought this Etude House Face Blur cream-review here. At first, I didn't feel any difference with Face Conditioning Cream effect, except that it's not as oily as the conditioning cream. But then, after I tried wearing Powderless Liquid after this base, I'm so happy because until my workhour ended, my face is still clean without patchy lines or shiny face. But it works for me, in dry skin. I don't thing normal-oily skin can do the same, although Face Blur is recommended. Well, it's up to you to put what base on your face, but I'd just like to give some information that these two mixes up quite well for dry skin. But no picture for these because it will just be the same with KATE Powderless Liquid review, huh? I can't see my base makeup under a foundation already... But I can tell my experienced story of those.

This is out of topic, but if you have enough money, do try Les Marveilleuses LADUREE from Japan, and this is English language website. Its Face Color Rose (blusher, because cheek is LADUREE's main point) and Face Powder have beautiful packaging, but if you want it, one with packaging will cost more than USD 70.00 with shipping! Through some limited / outstock item, it also have marine-shaped face & eye color, but mainly, the blusher is in rose petal. Moreover, it's also originally a patisserie cafe in France! This are some product view of it:

LADUREE Face Color Rose in three colors.

LADUREE Face Color Rose Mini in two colors and two packaging arts.

LADUREE Face Powder in three shades.

The limited face & eye color in marine shapes. Picture taken from Google / Maquia website.

Do you think you will be able to use all of those pretty shape makeup? LADUREE also made brushes which have beautiful pink color, similar to Etude House's color (pink brush) but with more classical design.

You May Also Like

0 Comments