Home

Reviews

About Me

TONYMOLY The Oriental Gyeol Goun Two Way Pact #02 Natural Beige with SPF48 / PA+++

by - 8/08/2019 08:47:00 AM

Gyeol Goun is an old powder series from TONYMOLY.
It's my first time seeing this, and the formula intrigued me & my sister.
So we bought it together, using half-half of powder.
I'm not into matte powder because my skin becomes more dry as time goes.
But the formula swatch on skin makes me made a purchase outside my will.

What is it

Oriental two way cake with velvet application with moisture essence.
Silky perfect coverage for pores and fine wrinkles.
Representing the natural skin and long hours giving soft and bright skin tone.
Puff including, Sun protection SPF48 PA+++
   
This is taken from the old version of Gyeol Goun, maybe from 5 years ago?

Colors:


Mine is a product from 2017 and it is a discounted item so it doesn't have box.
I can't find any ingredients of it in most of online shops.
This is weird.
Maybe it is a discontinued product, but old shops don't add ingredients too.

Case is in rose gold color at the front.

The back color is gold though.
This was made in 2017, which is 2 years ago.

The puff is big!
This is the first time I'm trying compact powder from Korean brand.
It is fluffy and soft.
Also have big mirror.

Inside pattern is a Chinese character, same as the front case.
I can't understand what it is.
And on the above part are lines.

Texture of powder is silky, easily blended, a bit heavy because it is two way pact.
Natural Beige is the same color as my skintone.
I don't want to use too white powder on my face.

Look here.
The Gyeon Goul have same color as my skin.
Have soft powdery scent, smooth and pretty scent.


Coverage is sheer to medium.
It can cover most redness and discoloration.
But it doesn't cover acne very well since it is only a powder.
I'd like to put it sheer so my skin doesn't become dead matte.
Upon wearing it sheer, I can see some highlight texture with foundation under it.

The left picture is powder itself without foundation.

Since the coverage is a bit low, I put BB cream / foundation under it.
It is also creating semi-matte finish, more natural than matte.
If I wear it alone, the staying power is quite good.
I can still see powdery texture left after 8+ hours.
But the coverage is already gone.
It is just good to hide different skin color.

For effect, it is a bit moisturizing than normal powder in a pact.
But since I have very dry skin, it doesn't cover cracked skin around lips.


This powder is good, but I don't think I'm able to purchase again.
This is an old version of TONYMOLY powder too.
I can't find it anymore in the website.
Even though the powder is good, it can be replaced by numerous brands.
If you want skincare and powder, I suggested Kose Sekkisei Snow CC Powder
or Shiseido Maquillage Snow Beauty.
I hope I can try Snow Beauty one day...
It is such a high quality powder.
But my sister have allergy using it so be careful.



MY THOUGHTS OF TONYMOLY GYEON GOUL TWO WAY PACT:
+ Pretty & soft powdery scent to refresh mind.
+ Glides easily on skin & blended well.
+ Doesn't give me breakout.
+ Since the powder is very soft & fine particles, it can cover a bit of pores. I don't know about wrinkles though.
+ Soft powdery fragrance which will disappear in a few minutes.
+ Brightening effect to face.
+ Covers uneven skintone for a bit.
+ Staying power is quite good on dry skin. Maybe 3-4 hours?
- Can't cover most acne marks even though it is a two way pact.
- Maybe since this is only a powder, I'd like to use it under foundation for longer staying power.
- Very expensive! Even though I purchased through a discount, the price is still high than normal powder.

You May Also Like

0 Comments